Derby County v Blackpool

froggg

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good result, hopefully we can build on this on Tuesday.

Coutts was a stand out with the assists, brayford for all round play, theo for the third goal which killed the game, but once again for me Bryson was the stand out player on pitch.

Roberts back brought a balance to team, and sammon did his job today without being specatular with it.

I thought we played well. Sammon was hit and miss. Good goals form Theo. Coutts was good bar his set pieces. Hughes sadly turned it on for the cameras I hope we keep him as long as possible. Keeper looked solid. Steady at the back creative in the middle strikers played well and the subs looked alright. Wouldnt mind seeing more of freeman.

Roll on barnsley.

What cameras are you talking about?

(And I want the full name of the tv channel it was on 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />)

I think this was our best performance of the season. With the events of the last 48 hours, it'd be easy to say Blackpool were there for the taking but I think that would be doing our players a real disservice.

Blackpool were poor but this was because we made them look poor. Blackpool are renowned for being a footballing side but we completely stifled them with our energy and intensity from the first whistle. We did an excellent job of pressing the ball and disrupting their rhythm.

It wasn't all down to endeavour either. We actually played good football too.

Brayford was man of the match for me - he took his goal very well, coped well with the pace and movement of Ince and Phillips and playing with Coutts has certainly augmented his attacking instincts. They seem to have developed a very good understanding and pose a real threat down the right.

But to be honest, it wasn't about individuals, it was a really polished team performance and a glimpse of what this team is capable of now they are starting to settle into their roles. The next step is to perform like that with a degree of consistency.

The extended highlights for the football league show on BBC 1

Oh, those cameras, thought you ment the stream that was on some far eastern channel, haha.

Still, I think the idea that he turned it on for the cameras was very unfair and presumptuous. Specially for the **** that is the football league show. If you think that premier league scouts base their findings on what they see on the football league show, then you're a bit silly eh?

Three assists, good job coutts isn't creative.

Did you notice all three assists were square passes though. Negative bar steward.

Proud of the boys today. Coutts and Theo, in particular, were outstanding again.

Good result, hopefully we can build on this on Tuesday.

Coutts was a stand out with the assists,

http://www.ukprogressive.co.uk/wp-content/themes/eversonnews/images/mad-as-hell

Oh, those cameras, thought you ment the stream that was on some far eastern channel, haha.

Still, I think the idea that he turned it on for the cameras was very unfair and presumptuous. Specially for the **** that is the football league show. If you think that premier league scouts base their findings on what they see on the football league show, then you're a bit silly eh?

Was only having a laugh.......

Coutts' low crosses have ripped defences apart this season. I'm not convinced by his overall game, but that said, theres still room for improvement with every player. Hughes' defensive side has improved vastly, only player that doesn't play the (terrible) backing off tactics. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' />

What I like about Coutts is his confidence. When he picks up the ball, it doesn't matter if he has three defenders surrounding him, he is always looking to make something happen.

Sure his final ball and general decision making can often leave a lot to be desired but I like the fact that the intent is there. He likes to run at defences and try and get the ball into dangerous areas and doesn't let his head drop.

I think he has also been helped by Brayford getting forward more and more. Brayford gives Coutts an outlet if he's under pressure and makes him harder to isolate.

Brilliant performance today by all our players, you could tell they wanted the win

Was surprised by the number of short corners we were taking, one resulted in Brayfords goal. How many corners did we have in the first 12 minutes. Towards end of first half Blackpools defence were struggling to decide to defend a long or short corner!!

Very clever tactic that worked well.

How good is it to see Brayford back to his best, he looked so good today even with his Wiggins sideburns

Theo looked good today too. I thought to myself for the first time, he could actually be our 15-20 goal a season striker.

He was a real handful and took his goals very well today.

Well he's already on 7, only 5 off last season! And had Wardy not gotten injured?!

Haha, to think that we've had that 20 goal a season player in our ranks all this time...

Archived