Derby County v Blackpool

froggg

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coutts, Bryson, the Brayf and Boris were really good, but Theo was excellent today.

Theo my MOM.

Keogh and O'Connor were unspectacularely solid. . Harsh Penalty. Hendrick looked better, but that was probably because of the teams great performance today. Still looking forward to having Wardy back though.

Sammon I'm still undecided on. He has moments of PL quality mixed in with League 1 standard of play. For him it'll be playing consistently for a few seasons in the NPC, playing week in week out. Remember the last team he played consistently with was Killie, so bear in mind he'll be developing parts of his game which needs improvement, this season.

Bring on Barnsleh'

Keogh - Unspectacularly solid? He was my man of the match! Time after time he strode forward to intercept Blackpool attacks. Don't forget Ince and Phillips are highly rated by Premiership clubs. In order to attack as we did, you need a solid defence. Blackpool were poor yesterday and looked deflated by Ollie's departure.

Nigel will have to be careful Tuesday night. Barnsley won't be so generous.

I thoroughly enjoyed the game - there was even some atmosphere in the Toyota Stand!

Sick of reading negative opinions of Sammon. He was brilliant today. Theo and him had a great partnership. Theo was making all the right decisions today with no hesitation. Bryson is the DURRACEL BUNNY! Coutts corners were not good enough. Any team should be expecting to score a goal every ten corners. However I thought he had a good game. Brayford was fantastic and showed that he should be spending the majority of the game attacking and not defending.

Hughes was world class today, went quiet in the last 25 minutes but you can't teach what that kid has. Making more forward runs and unlucky with a few off sides and poor final passes into him. If his fitness improves just 10-15% he would become unplayable in the Championshp.

Defense was solid. What is Keogh's tackle success rate, got to be one of the highest in all the leagues. He shows signs of the perfect defender. When you commit yourself to a tackle or challenging for the ball, you do not compromise your position and you win the ball.

World class? I thought Hughes' impact on the game was negligible, one or two decent things but largely average other than being neat and tidy and solid enough.. I think he's a superb prospect but the last three home games he's been ok but not much more. I'm surprised he's started so many games and think we've got other players who can do a better job on the left if that is where he is to be played.

Agree about Sammon, did very well yesterday, full of running, won almost everything thrown up to him. His movement for his goal was excellent, the easy thing would've been to hit the space between the two defenders as the ball came in,which would have taken him to the near post area, but instead he darted in behind one of the defenders to take himself into the middle of the goal and got himself a tap in. Quality. Also when Tyson came on, he busted a gut every time the ball went to Tyson to get near to him for any flick ons.

World class? I thought Hughes' impact on the game was negligible, one or two decent things but largely average other than being neat and tidy and solid enough.. I think he's a superb prospect but the last three home games he's been ok but not much more. I'm surprised he's started so many games and think we've got other players who can do a better job on the left if that is where he is to be played.

Agree about Sammon, did very well yesterday, full of running, won almost everything thrown up to him. His movement for his goal was excellent, the easy thing would've been to hit the space between the two defenders as the ball came in,which would have taken him to the near post area, but instead he darted in behind one of the defenders to take himself into the middle of the goal and got himself a tap in. Quality. Also when Tyson came on, he busted a gut every time the ball went to Tyson to get near to him for any flick ons.

I think you confused what I meant and perhaps I was not clear enough. The things Will Hughes did were world class. There are not many players around who posses his intelligence. His 1st time passes are the best I have ever seen at a football match.

People underrate him because of his defensive tactics. However I would argue that these people do not understand his approach, which is the correct approach for someone of his physical presence. He slows attacks down and ushers the man he is marking into territories that they don't want to go, where Bryson and Hendrick make the tackles and pick up the ball. Winning possession without ever having to make a tackle.

I think against Blackpool he showed his potential. On a number of occasions he found himself in great attacking positions. Over time his intelligence, knowledge and positioning will naturally lead him away from defensive duties as players will be chasing him and his passes and not the other way round.

The more a free role he gets the better he is. He plays football the way it supposed to be played and anyone who doesn't rate him should go watch another sport.

I think you confused what I meant and perhaps I was not clear enough. The things Will Hughes did were world class. There are not many players around who posses his intelligence. His 1st time passes are the best I have ever seen at a football match.

People underrate him because of his defensive tactics. However I would argue that these people do not understand his approach, which is the correct approach for someone of his physical presence. He slows attacks down and ushers the man he is marking into territories that they don't want to go, where Bryson and Hendrick make the tackles and pick up the ball. Winning possession without ever having to make a tackle.

I think against Blackpool he showed his potential. On a number of occasions he found himself in great attacking positions. Over time his intelligence, knowledge and positioning will naturally lead him away from defensive duties as players will be chasing him and his passes and not the other way round.

The more a free role he gets the better he is. He plays football the way it supposed to be played and anyone who doesn't rate him should go watch another sport.

Agree with all of that!

Agree with all of that!

Good. I think if you looked at player attributes on games like Football Manager you would not give him high points for physical attributes but his technical and metal attributes would be very high and I think a player that has high metal attributes can always develop their technical attributes.

I don't know what to add to everyone elses, when talking about bad performances... there wasn't none, everyone played well - the spine of the team was very good, the outside players were very good and Lego never looked in trouble.

but, means nothing on Tuesday... time to roll the sleeves up, forget about this and start again like we had just been ****** by peterborough 3-0!

I must admit looking back now, I am struggling to come up with one memory I have of Jeff Hendrick in this game. Just thought it was worth noting.

That means he did his job, what was expected as part of the team. Nothing wrong, but equally nothing out if the ordinary.

Which if their players was he keeping quiet while doing his job? Didn't see much if Ince all game either.

That means he did his job, what was expected as part of the team. Nothing wrong, but equally nothing out if the ordinary.

Which if their players was he keeping quiet while doing his job? Didn't see much if Ince all game either.

I thought ince and phillips were the only reason Blackpool attacked, without them 2 they would of been camped in their own box for 90 minutes.

I like Hendrick but with Ward coming to full fitness he needs to shape up - been a shadow to his last seasons form.

I must admit looking back now, I am struggling to come up with one memory I have of Jeff Hendrick in this game. Just thought it was worth noting.

Lee Carsley went his entire Derby career going unnoticed and came in for criticism for the most part of his time at Derby.

It was only when he left the club did the supporters realise what a good player they had lost.

Bryson is the box to box player in our midfield and he is able to do his job when Hendrick plays well enough for him to do that.

My god ambitious your a hard man to please.

I'm easily pleased - I haven't really thought about it but can't remember him having too much to do! I think expectation levels should rise, I like Hendrick and I am definitely not saying he isn't good enough, I am saying he is playing below his ability.

He is a player, for me who has the ability to dictate football games and be the most prominent figure on the pitch!

I think he needs to show himself a bit more, a player at the minute who is doing a job - but he is a player who should could be doing so much more, in terms of driving forward and being that deep lying play-maker which I believe his role is.

I think this was probably Hendrick's best game this season.

Nothing spectacular, just didn't give the ball away as much, made a few good tackles and interceptions and generally closed players down well.

His form hasn't been good this season but I can see why Clough leaves him in.

There isn't really a replacement without compromising other areas.

Coutts is better on the right and is developing a good partnership with Brayford.

Hughes isn't strong enough defensively and would therefore restrict Bryson's movements - playing him wide left, though not his best position, and allowing him to roam a bit is the better option at the moment.

Ward could find it difficult to get back in the starting line-up if Theo keeps scoring, although he could come in to give Hughes a break.

Archived