Derby County v Burnley

Boycie

I agree with Coutts being a liability in the last 20. But at times I also think Hughes is. He puts a lot of pressure on Roberts because he's useless at breaking down play. He can be so slow at times, and terrible at winning the ball. That said, in any game, he'll do far more right than wrong.

Agree entirely.

Would have him in the middle of the park though where he has got more protection and is not putting team mates under pressure...worked a treat at Huddersfield

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought Tom Naylor was a RB and gazzy r a LB?

We should have won today, we were to shot shy in the box, how many times did we get the ball in the right position and did not shoot. Sammon had a wonderful chance late on when he took the ball across the front of the box and instead of shooting he ran the ball across the the left hand side and towards the goal line. Just put the shooting boots on and we will be fine up front.

The defence still worries me, cant put my finger on it but maybe we are lacking a bit of grit and more effort to win the ball.

Just heard Jake Buxtons interview and he says we need to be more street wise, he is still struggling with a cold as the new rules say they cant have lemsip etc because of the drugs in them. His dad supports Forest!! He guarantees that Forest will not beat us on Sunday. as he was sniffling through the interview.

His interviews are legendary

Really? Your entitled to your view but Roberts is a solid LB best I've ever seen Tbf not great competition for that I suppose you can say that why he has a bad game he's has one hell of a bad game but he is a very solid LB much better than naylor.

Thats true mate. What about freeman?

I know its been said,but it is a conundrum that in 4 or 5 games we have outplayed the opposition in general terms and not won… I don't know how because I'm no technical expert,but N.C. Needs to get more 'efficiency' out of either end of the pitch, then people can start talking about play offs etc, and maybe the gates will rise too, 21.3k today ain't great.

Weve bossed 4 or 5 games but now won because we dont have a natural goalscorer and becasue we let in silly goals. quite simpe realy

Weve bossed 4 or 5 games but now won because we dont have a natural goalscorer and becasue we let in silly goals. quite simpe realy

I don't think it is that simple, if we had A 'natural' goalscorer, teams would mark the lad soooo tightly he would struggle, I believe, the fact that goals come from all over the pitch which is what N.C. wants as with his budget, its the cheaper option, and harder to play against, but getting budget players to be 'efficient' even 80% of the time ? …… as for silly goals, most championship sides concede them, but we either concede 'world class ' ones or soft… hence my post ! NC needs to find a way of getting that extra out of a side built on a budget, which is the difference between top 10 and mid table ish…

I don't think it is that simple, if we had A 'natural' goalscorer, teams would mark the lad soooo tightly he would struggle, I believe, the fact that goals come from all over the pitch which is what N.C. wants as with his budget, its the cheaper option, and harder to play against, but getting budget players to be 'efficient' even 80% of the time ? …… as for silly goals, most championship sides concede them, but we either concede 'world class ' ones or soft… hence my post ! NC needs to find a way of getting that extra out of a side built on a budget, which is the difference between top 10 and mid table ish…

You use the word budget twice.Is there a single club in the division that doesn't have a

budget?Apart from the clubs with parachute payments we have a bigger budget than most.On the

issue of a natural goalscorer every club wants one or more and they all seem able to score

against us.

I thought we did well today, shame we lost but not end of the world!

Keep playing like that, don't let results knock us we're going in the right direction..

Well apart from losing at home to a team below us who have lost the last 4 away games.

What do results matter anyway?good point and the direction seems to be downwards,

otherwise totally correct.

We do have a bit of a problem in that we don't have a defensive midfield player who can break things down and pass well. We are still lacking that bit of solidity we were looking for when we pursued Eustace. This means that when our younger players get tired we don't have the old head to take up a holding role. But our team is young and will get better, and you can't legislate for missing as many chances as we do.

The plan is for long term growth, not a quick but unsustainable transition to the Premiership. Yesterday was a disappointing result but we'll win more than we lose, and next year should be stronger still.

Well apart from losing at home to a team below us who have lost the last 4 away games.

What do results matter anyway?good point and the direction seems to be downwards,

That's right because football teams never lose to teams below them in the table...

Cardiff, Ipswich, Forest and Birmingham all lost to teams below them. Nearly half of yesterday's fixture list!

If you believe the direction is downwards then I believe you're a tad shortsighted. Yes results are important but we'll get them playing like this, no doubt about it.

You sound like the guy on 606 last night calling for Gadsby to come back.

Direction seems to be downwards? Based on what?

1st game against Sheff Wed, we got taken apart in the second half. Partly because they were good, partly because we sat back.

Today we camped in Burnley's half, played attacking football and created a hatful of chances - we just lacked a bit of composure infront of goal. It's not unfair to say we could have won 3 or 4-1. We got done on one of the few breaks forward Burnley had in the second half.

Yesterday, we played the same way people were crying out for after Sheffield Wednesday. But whilst we're getting used to it, we will concede goals, and we will lose games. It's a work in progress.

We stand a much better chance of winning next Sunday playing like we did yesterday.

Direction seems to be downwards? Based on what?

1st game against Sheff Wed, we got taken apart in the second half. Partly because they were good, partly because we sat back.

Today we camped in Burnley's half, played attacking football and created a hatful of chances - we just lacked a bit of composure infront of goal. It's not unfair to say we could have won 3 or 4-1. We got done on one of the few breaks forward Burnley had in the second half.

Yesterday, we played the same way people were crying out for after Sheffield Wednesday. But whilst we're getting used to it, we will concede goals, and we will lose games. It's a work in progress.

We stand a much better chance of winning next Sunday playing like we did yesterday.

I was replying to another poster who dismissed our poor result as being ok.The downwards

direction was based on dropping from 12th to 17th when he said it was the right direction.I've heard

the "work in progress"before somewhere-oh yes about ten times a year for the past 4 years,along

with the mythical "long term plan".

You might also consider that of our 7 games only 2 have been against teams currently in the

top half where we took 1 point.

You use the word budget twice.Is there a single club in the division that doesn't have a

budget?Apart from the clubs with parachute payments we have a bigger budget than most.On the

issue of a natural goalscorer every club wants one or more and they all seem able to score

against us.

I can't be bothered to debate semantics, but their use is appropriate in each context.

I haven't said we don't want one,or need one, I'm discussing the way I believe N.C. has structured his side, using his budget, on that I may be wrong also…

Archived