Derby County v Cardiff City - match day thread

Kernow

Well well well... after that crazy game my match day threads live to fight another day. I wanted to bring you entertainment, and with the help of @Squid's fate-tempting I think I did just that.

So on to our second home game of three. I said in the Bristol City thread that we should be taking 9 points from the three, and anything less than 7 is a bad return. Looks like we're going to have to win the next two but that's alright isn't it?

Cardiff come to town. Pubs everywhere stock up on Brains ale, leeks, welsh cakes and all those other things people from Cardiff have all the time. We have a week off after this game so let's go for it, pick up the win and get back on track after a bit of a rollercoaster match.

In the derby of sheep-intimacy, who will prevail? Will it be the sheep sh**gers by name or the sheep sh**gers by nature? It'll be a toughy, they've just gone to Leeds and won but I reckon we'll do it. A nice 2-0 win with Mac laying out Neil Warnock with one solid headbutt would do quite nicely.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hughes looked like he might be out for a while after that injury at the end of the game so Butterfield has to come in for me

Carson

Baird Keogh Pearce  Olsson 

De Sart   Butterfield

Ince          Nugent         Anya

Bent

All out attack!

Carson

Christie   Keogh   Pearce   Lowe

De Sart

Ince      Hughes      Anya

Nugent   Bent

If Hughes is injured then replace him with whoever has the cleanest boots between Bryson & Butterfield.

Olsson & Baird both on the bench because Christie and Lowe are wing-backing which will be a bit hard going. Vydra on the bench also - try him with Nugent after an hour (we should be well ahead by then anyway). Johnson on the bench for if Cardiff fight like dogs.

None of the starting midfield three looked particularly fit, if anything, it looked as if they were the ones that played 120mins on Wednesday night.

I'd be tempted to rest Hughes, he took a couple of knocks and was down for a short time after the final whistle.

Butterfield performed well, so I think he'll keep his place.

Going to be a tricky one this, Cardiff will try and do the same to us as they did to great effect against Leeds on Saturday. Sit tight, stay organised, go looking for the counter. Which we never do well against, see also Wigan. Must start quickly. The longer they go without conceding, the braver they will get.

Carson; Baird, Keogh, Pearce, Olsson; De Sart, Butterfield, Johnson; Ince, Bent, Anya.

How some people on here would drop Baird is beyond me, he was excellent again on Saturday, putting some good balls in the box, and again looking solid at the back, and he works well with Ince, and for what it's worth, I think Mr Mac will worn them all, he never expects to see that first showing we put in against Bristol again, so it's looking like a 2-0 victory to the mighty Rams.

Archived