George Thorne

DarkFruitsRam7

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Double leg breaks can be heinous when someone has recurrent muscle/ligament problems. Really need quite a long run of sustained work on it to recover (to an athlete's level) and every set back will be brutal.

Could be something more complex of course, but I suspect that might be the issue.

Yeah I've seen quite a few people on here say they've heard it's to do with his tissues not healing as they should and that's also lead to infections. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Cam the Ram said:

Yeah I've seen quite a few people on here say they've heard it's to do with his tissues not healing as they should and that's also lead to infections. 

That makes a lot of sense.

I really hope he recovers and plays at a level close to what he was at again but I genuinely don't think he'll get there.

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

Damn he's fantastic isn't he. That's why I get so wound up about Wassall risking him. A fit Thorne is the best in the division and if we were PL he'd be right there with Henderson Matic and yA ya.

No he wouldn't. That's the problem you have Ninos. When someone isn't impressing you, you're hammering them, going OTT. But conversely, you do it the other way too. 

Will Hughes and George Thorne when fit and on form are top players at this level. To suggest they are on a par with top Premier League players is ridiculous. Get some perspective.

1 hour ago, Warren Hobhead said:

No he wouldn't. That's the problem you have Ninos. When someone isn't impressing you, you're hammering them, going OTT. But conversely, you do it the other way too. 

Will Hughes and George Thorne when fit and on form are top players at this level. To suggest they are on a par with top Premier League players is ridiculous. Get some perspective.

Zzzzzz

1 hour ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Yes he would. Time will tell big boy time will tell. Bookmark this esp on Hughes. If Thorne can ever get fit he will be up there too.

What I can confidently tell you is that Butterfield or Martin will never make a significant number of premier league appearances. They just don't have it. 

Perspective is relative. When many of us banged on about how good Antonio was at forest im sure you would have belittled any suggestion that he could cope at premier league level. Where is he now? 

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

Yes he would. Time will tell big boy time will tell. Bookmark this esp on Hughes. If Thorne can ever get fit he will be up there too.

What I can confidently tell you is that Butterfield or Martin will never make a significant number of premier league appearances. They just don't have it. 

Perspective is relative. When many of us banged on about how good Antonio was at forest im sure you would have belittled any suggestion that he could cope at premier league level. Where is he now? 

I'm not the one making absurd claims about the quality of our players mate. I think the four you've referenced there are all top quality Championship players. I'm basing that on their careers to date. 

You see it differently. And this is a place to debate it. But I'm happier being the supportive, realistic voice to your droning negativity based on agendas. :p

Just now, Warren Hobhead said:

I'm not the one making absurd claims about the quality of our players mate. I think the four you've referenced there are all top quality Championship players. I'm basing that on their careers to date. 

You see it differently. And this is a place to debate it. But I'm happier being the supportive, realistic voice to your droning negativity based on agendas. :p

Please don't use the word drones here as that was never proven. More farms wouldn't help either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't think anyone knows when he's gonna be back, all about when the infection subsides- could be soon, could be later this season or it could be not until pre season. De sart is in as backup for Johnson until the end of the season so that doesn't fill me with confidence about thrones return

Archived