George Thorne

DarkFruitsRam7

4 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

So injury prone, can't even take a leg breaking tackle like a man! He's been out for months, pathetic really. 

Can't believe that liability came back from two ACL injuries to play a full season for us last year and still got started in almost every single match by two managers while the rest of the team fell apart around him!

He's a joke and I hope he never plays for Derby again.

Yeah - and he's ugly!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He had someone break his ******* leg, some people are still acting like its his fault for being injury prone. I really don't get it, yeah he's taking a bit longer than expected to come back but we rushed him back last time he had a serious injury and he ended up losing that entire season.

He effectively played an entire season last year without looking like he'd ever get injured, show a bit of faith.

5 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

He had someone break his ******* leg, some people are still acting like its his fault for being injury prone. I really don't get it, yeah he's taking a bit longer than expected to come back but we rushed him back last time he had a serious injury and he ended up losing that entire season.

He effectively played an entire season last year without looking like he'd ever get injured, show a bit of faith.

I'd have rode that challenge imo. 

Probably have scored too

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

It would be nice to have an official update on George Thorne from the club. After all we are all interested in his welfare. What are the local journalists doing? 

I find it hard to describe anyone that works for the Derby Telegraph as a journalist any more. The best they do these days is regurgitate day old information across their absolutely terrible website.

Instead of journalist I would use the phrase 'clickbait copy and paste merchants'.

48 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I find it hard to describe anyone that works for the Derby Telegraph as a journalist any more. The best they do these days is regurgitate day old information across their absolutely terrible website.

Instead of journalist I would use the phrase 'clickbait copy and paste merchants'.

Someone should set Steve Nicholson free, it must be crap writing that stuff.

I've heard - from a bloke who was walking past the ground - that George will be spending the rest of his life in a wheelchair.

Apparently stephen hawking has more chance of playing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04ng6mq

^ Steve is asked whether he expects to see Thorne play again this season and can't really provide an answer. Says he's had varying reports and for every 2 steps forward there ends up being 2 steps back. 

It's crazy to think that at the end of last season there was talk of him being able to return to training in late August/early September and 4 months after that time he's still not near a return to training.

3 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04ng6mq

^ Steve is asked whether he expects to see Thorne play again this season and can't really provide an answer. Says he's had varying reports and for every 2 steps forward there ends up being 2 steps back. 

It's crazy to think that at the end of last season there was talk of him being able to return to training in late August/early September and 4 months after that time he's still not near a return to training.

Double leg breaks can be heinous when someone has recurrent muscle/ligament problems. Really need quite a long run of sustained work on it to recover (to an athlete's level) and every set back will be brutal.

Could be something more complex of course, but I suspect that might be the issue.

Archived