George Thorne

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

As I mentioned before you would think the local journalists would get some info from the club about him. Owen Bradley  where are youuuuuuuu?

He was asking every week at one point to be fair. McClaren didn't know whether he'd be back this season or not the last time he asked.

GT is so valuable I believe/hope Mac is giving him as much time as possible. I really do believe Mac will introduce GT like he did first time round at about March time. Yes it's an unknown as to how he is healing but in October he was running on grass. Yes he did pick up scar tissue problems but him being written off for the season by some, i don't believe. 

Remember, this is a guy who's living is playing football, regardless of what we think he will want to prove he is worth another contract. If he doesn't earn one with us which football club will take the risk with GT's injury record? Yes there will be one but what will be his income? Harsh reality of football !

I just hope he comes back and gives us the push we need to secure a play off place , earn another contract , as the guy on his day in this league is untouchable 

5 minutes ago, swiftur said:

Feel so sorry for Thorne but he has been injury prone all the way through his youth career.He must have been one hell of player /prospect or WBA would have given up on him.Hope he makes it back for us ,but I do wonder!

He looked fine eating that Christmas turkey. I guess I'm reading too much into it. But if it happens that George is reading this, know this. We are all with you, please get well soon. And do what you do best. Xx

20 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

@OwenB87

Youre being called out, mate, and for once it's not about your knitwear.

We asked about it every week, for a time.

It became a bit of a joke with Nigel Pearson and then with Steve that he would always get the George Question.

It's just become accepted that he's out, the club won't put a time frame on his return, and when there's a development, they'll tell us.

I'd love to do an interview with him, but it's very, very rare we get interviews with the players outside the pre-match/post-match environment now.

11 minutes ago, OwenB87 said:

It became a bit of a joke with Nigel Pearson and then with Steve that he would always get the George Question.

It's just become accepted that he's out, the club won't put a time frame on his return, and when there's a development, they'll tell us.

I'd love to do an interview with him, but it's very, very rare we get interviews with the players outside the pre-match/post-match environment now.

can understand that completely for players in and around the current matchday squad but you'd have thought they could be a bit more relaxed with George.

I think as well as wanting him back fans feel for the kid.  He is not able to do the job he has chosen because of an injury sustained while doing his best for our team (I know people will argue he is still being paid / has a lovely girlfriend to stay at home with).

I want him back as much for the fact he is our best player and makes us tick as because it means he is fit and healthy and hopefully happy.

I'd just like to know how his rehab is going, remember when we were told more likely around November time?!

He is the benchmark of that DM position at this club, IMO our best midfielder when in form. Such a shame, great talent being wasted. The last time I saw him was driving his Range Rover near Keddy Road, I'd almost forgot about him so it was refreshing to know he still existed.

49 minutes ago, OwenB87 said:

Owen, could you not dig into it a little and highlight the fact that not surprisingly the fans are seriously interested in how George is getting on? Surely there already is a development in that this injury appears to be taking much much longer than it should. Is there a link to our medical staff going? On that subject did we ever hear officially why there was a change?

PS As an aside, in this transfer window a fit George Thorne must be worth £15m. Its like waiting for a new record signing to arrive!

I have to agree, I understand that constant updates would be pointless. Nobody wants the return of 'the George question', but we haven't heard anything in a long time. Something must be happening.

I wonder if he's redone his ACL in rehab from his broken leg and they just don't want to tell us :lol:

DET ran an update on November 18th

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/steve-mcclaren-provides-injury-update-on-derby-county-midfielder-george-thorne/story-29913955-detail/story.html

"George is back on the grass, back running, and building up again," said McClaren.

"With these little setbacks, it keeps getting longer and longer and we are going to have to be patient, and he is going to have to be patient.

Archived