George Thorne

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perfect mix of a De Sart type deep lying playmaker and a Johnson type ball winner. Excellent player and a £2mil bargain and the key to 4-3-3 working. If he can stay fit he can be up there with the very best in the championship. Hughes like potential and premier league ability.

On 1/23/2017 at 11:03, JW37 said:

Perfect mix of a De Sart type deep lying playmaker and a Johnson type ball winner. Excellent player and a £2mil bargain and the key to 4-3-3 working. If he can stay fit he can be up there with the very best in the championship. Hughes like potential and premier league ability.

Always baffles me when people think otherwise. He's otherworldly. 

If we could keep Will and George fit for a season we'd be flying, an amazing core for a championship side. (That's not me blaming George for breaking his leg, for the record...)

2 hours ago, mike93rh said:

Always baffles me when people think otherwise. He's otherworldly. 

If we could keep Will and George fit for a season we'd be flying, an amazing core for a championship side. (That's not me blaming George for breaking his leg, for the record...)

I'm convinced that had he not got injured in 14/15 or broke his leg at Ipswich or had Hughes been fit for the entirety of last season, there is a very high possibility we'd be in the prem. Oh well, here's hoping he comes back fit and firing for us.

Just now, brady1993 said:

I'm convinced that had he not got injured in 15/16 or broke his leg at Ipswich or had Hughes been fit for the entirety of last season, there is a very high possibility we'd be in the prem. Oh well, here's hoping he comes back fit and firing for us.

FTFY :D 

9 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

FTFY :D 

7 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

There wasn't a need to fix it was there I mentioned the leg break at Ipswich in 15/16 after ? 

@RamsPolls I think you'll need to re read again and @brady1993 did mentioned Ipswich game means 15/16 season that when Ipswich player broke Thorne leg that's what @brady1993 was on about. ?

7 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

What's the latest with Thorne? Is it the scar tissue or the broken leg that is keeping him out for this long. It usually takes anything around 12 weeks to recover from bone scar tissue. Has the club officially ruled him out for this season?

I'd guess they're learning from the mistakes of rushing him back previously and giving him an extended period to try and get him fully fit 

18 hours ago, brady1993 said:

I'm convinced that had he not got injured in 14/15 or broke his leg at Ipswich or had Hughes been fit for the entirety of last season, there is a very high possibility we'd be in the prem. Oh well, here's hoping he comes back fit and firing for us.

I don't mean to be pedantic (clearly I do :) ) but he broke his leg at Derby not at Ipswich. It was against Ipswich.

Leave him until next season. Not one of lifes quick healers is he? Likes of Bryson bounce back from injuries in weeks rather than months. All down to genetics. Some players just dont have the biomechanics to sustain a prolonged career (Jenas, Dyer, Anderton for e,g). As much as it would be great to have him back we cannot build a team around him.

I know the leg break was just bad luck but even though he played more games than he missed (last season) what was the longest unbroken run he had in the side??? Me thinks probably no more than 6 or 7.

@King Kevin thanks Kev ... its funny how memory fades when you have to just get on with draining the swamp every saturady.

Unbelievable .. you can see what we have been missing. Above all those long, low pacy forward passes that find a man in an attacking position splittingmidfields and defences. Then add good feet, the strength on the ball and the tackling - a shot on him as well. He was 22 when most of that was going on :o !

Get well soon GT

Archived