time for 'fans' to STOP making demands.

Mostyn6

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In an ideal world, as fans we would own and control the clubs ourselves.  Then we would be real stake-holders and not just customers or a 'revenue stream' for the owners.  LIke they do in Germany for example.  Having said that, I'm really not complaining about Mel as an owner, a Derby fan with his heart in the right place, even if things clearly haven't been going to plan for him so far.  Still 100% behind him.  NP on the other hand........

I'm one of the anti boo brigade. NORMALLY. But this season is testing my patience and endurance. I am starting to have a little wager with myself which exact game it will be that 'we want Pearson out' chants ring forth from the stands. That's when I will know our fans have turned against him in great numbers (not just on the forum or twitter). 

Personally I despise him. Wish I'd told Mel before he employed the fool what I told people at home and work :angry:

I'm sorry but I can't agree with a word of that, the fans are a massive stakeholder in the club- players, managers and owners come and go but the fanbase will always be there through thick and thin. To say their ideas should be ignored is very narrow minded imo, of course owners shouldn't listen to every demand of the fans, considering there are a few idiots in the fan base, but the voice of the fans should still definately be listened to- we know the club arguably the best, and without us there would be no reason really for the club to exist bar monetary gain, so if we are unhappy it is clear there is a problem that must be resolved and the fans should be heard out. Of course decisions shouldn't be made purely based on this, and I'm sure they're not- MM will think very hard before making decisions and making sure it is the right one for the fans and the club as a whole, he's not an idiot and imo people should trust him more that he wants the best for our club 

David Gold and David Sullivan both wrote a letter to the fans of West Ham today in response to the club's abysmal start to the season, are you saying there is anything wrong in them firstly recognising what an appalling start they have made and secondly reassuring the fans they are doing everything in their power to rectify it? If not then perhaps Mel should take a leaf.

One man's rectifying is another man's wrecking and I'll thank you to refrain from ordering me to take time off if my opinion differs to yours.

You're in the Pearson camp, fair enough, I'm not, never will be, however,  I wouldn't have the audacity to instruct you or anybody else when or how to follow this club. I am no less a supporter than you because I disagree with the owners decision to appoint Pearson.

38 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

One man's rectifying is another man's wrecking and I'll thank you to refrain from ordering me to take time off if my opinion differs to yours.

You're in the Pearson camp, fair enough, I'm not, never will be, however,  I wouldn't have the audacity to instruct you or anybody else when or how to follow this club. I am no less a supporter than you because I disagree with the owners decision to appoint Pearson.

In fairness, it's his 1st post that doesn't slate Sam Rush, or mention Nigel, so he's making progress!

What a load of rubbish.  You want fans to just pay up & shut up?! The fans have a right to voice their opinion. We pay our money, we are invested in the club. If we don't agree with something should be able voice our opinion.

You want the club to be closed off? Like Blackpool?

Without the fans football wouldn't be what it is. TV companies would not be throwing millions at football if there were empty stadiums with no atmosphere. It would be boring to watch.

However, in my experience the club do listen to what fans say, but then they just do what they want anyway.

I find the original post disturbingly prescriptive about what fans should express; it's also disingenuous to assert that the best approach from the club would be to become insular and defensive. 

When this has happened in the past, and owners / boards have taken unwise paths or been guilty of bad governance (or corruption), it needed fan unrest and activism to create an atmosphere for change.

In bad times, DCFC might have been out of business, or owned by SISU or whoever.... so  a vocal section of the fanbase at times has led to more general awareness and the momentum for change being accelerated.

Fans need not and should not accept a passive and deferent role, nor should the club be dismissive or uncommunicative. 

We're not in dire times like the Maxwell demise, or dear old Lionel's myopia, or the Three Amigos deceit, thankfully, of course.

There is pressure on the new management, and self-inflicted torment and tension upon the playing squad because some of the tactics are a bad fit and some of the players are a bad fit,

IMHO, most of the longest-serving core of the squad has been found wanting in serial fashion and should have been churned two seasons ago, after the 0-3 fiasco vs Reading FC when McLaren's position at Derby was subject to ambiguity.

Pearson is guilty of showing considerable loyalty and patience, a little surprisingly in my opinion, but I hope that it has now run out.

In 50 seasons I have seldom seen capable players jettison their own standards, commonsense and pride so much as they have in the past two months.,

We don't have a Mackay, Gemmill and Hector, or a Stimac, Van Der Laan and Sturridge, or even a Moore, Oakley, and a Howard.

DCFC have contrived an expensive imbalance, so fans will rant and scratch their heads, they are entitled. 

Certainly, Pearson and his predecessors - especially Clement - haven't recruited their latter-day examples of such skill, tenacity and leadership from the Rams' past, there is now a bunch of players that have made themselves look less than ordinary, rapidly squandering all the privilege, status and advantage that DCFC has in facilities, support and potential.

@Will the Ram and @Woodypecker where were you during the Clough years with your disruptive bellyaching?

@G STAR RAM don't be facetious. You are on the forum, you go to the games, you hear the 'demands'. You know about the moan in, you are fully aware of where I am coming from whether you agree or (clearly) don't. Fans never dared question so much as a formation during the GSE regime. The recruitment was lightly ridiculed.

15 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

@G STAR RAM don't be facetious. You are on the forum, you go to the games, you hear the 'demands'. You know about the moan in, you are fully aware of where I am coming from whether you agree or (clearly) don't. Fans never dared question so much as a formation during the GSE regime. The recruitment was lightly ridiculed.

I'm not being facetious.

I'm comparing what is happening now to what happened during the Clough reign because I see no difference.

I'm afraid you are living in a dream world if you think things are any different.

The forum is certainly no different to back then, cannot comment on the phone in. One thing I do remember though was Robbie Savage feeling the need to defend the management/coaching team on the radio due to the way the players thought they were being treated, remember that?

I remember booing back then, I remember the crowd chanting what formation he should be playing, going back even further I remember the fans telling Phil Brown he didnt know what he was doing.The only thing I think is markedly different is the max exodus from the ground during games.

Us fans are far from perfect but don't think we are much different to any other club, and in the grand scheme of things are far from being one of the major problems yet you seem hell bent on placing as much blame on us as possible, just really not sure why.

Archived