Pearson blames the players

Carl Sagan

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolute disgraceful comments in what seems like a last Ditch desperate try by a failing manager to save face. Of course the players do have to take a portion of the blame, no team should show such a lack of desire and leadership, or such a lack of bottle In failing to hold on to that lead. However I believe that in order for a team to be motivated they have to believe in what their manager is trying to get them to do, and right now that just seems to be 'run around a lot'. With no clear game plan and baffling tactics to drop players like Ince and persist playing 442, then it's no wonder the players don't seem motivated. Who's fault is that? PEARSON!

Furthermore, if he truely believes that there are some bad eggs in our squad, and a lack of bottle- which is do think there is, then why didn't he do something about it in the summer! It was clear that after years of failure we needed a proper change up, but what he's tried to do instead is completely change the style of play (to something that won't work imo with any set of players I might add as there seems to be no clear instructions to the team), without changing the playing staff, leaving him with a team of players that still have a lack of bottle and don't suit his stubborn style at all! So who's fault is it that we didn't act earlier and have a squad clearout instead of leaving everything to deadline day! PEARSON!

So where do our problems mainly lie? Well I suppose to answer that you have to ask, who took us from the playoffs to the relegation Zone In just a few months? PEARSON!

So who should go, the players of the manager? PEARSON!

Manager and players to blame, I don't care if the systems doesn't quite work why should that effect the desire or commitment?

Calling for NP to be sacked just shows a short sighted idiotic knee jerk reaction. Pearson was literally telling Olsson when to make his runs at one point, a manager can only do so much.

Defended him all season. I have a feeling that another loss to nil on Tuesday will see Mel hitting the panic button.

Right manager but appears deep rooted issues with a mish mash/ odge podge squad. In hindsight probably gone about the whole process of tweaking the squad the wrong way. Bit like a sledgehammer in a china shop.

23 minutes ago, davenportram said:

Under Clough the players showed commitment and hard work

Under Mac they showed commitment and hard work, but then fell apart after the Newcastle rumours - loss of faith in the manager?

under PC we played welll at times other utter dross. He got sacked following a very poor run of results.

initially some dissent shown towards Wassall but they did play for him and the slump halted and they maintained top 6

Pearson has seen our top scorer leave, Ince benched and lack lustre performances.

its seemed no manager since clough has been able to keep the core of the squad motivated.

I presume you are talking about Brian and not Nigel....unless your real name is Dory

3 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Manager and players to blame, I don't care if the systems doesn't quite work why should that effect the desire or commitment?

Calling for NP to be sacked just shows a short sighted idiotic knee jerk reaction. Pearson was literally telling Olsson when to make his runs at one point, a manager can only do so much.

How some are going on It's as if Pearson has been here for the 3 seasons we've not gained promotion and as if he was playing in defence to let Blackburn carve through us like they were Barcelona. I don't see how he could of done anything different today. 

5 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

The players arent bad.... they top 6 players we all know this. What pearson has done though is beyond words

I'm split 3 ways on this.

1/3 is frustrated at the way we are playing, and I don't know whether it is down to stupidity or intransigence, let alone whether said stupidity or intransigence is down to the players or the management..

1/3 is utterly furious that the Memsahib is so pissed off at Pearson that she walked out after 75 minutes today, and that has put me in an impossible position, because I stayed to the bitter end. So what do I say when she speaks to me again, possibly asking whether I think more of Derby County than I do of her? *

1/3 still thinks that a lot of my fellow Derby fans are complete idiots for drumming Clement and Wassall out of the job, but at the moment I'm not sure that drumming Pearson out would not redeem them in my eyes.

*No, the answer is not "I think more of Nottingham Forest than I do of you"

9 minutes ago, TopRam said:

How blind are people to think that it's the managers fault and not the players???? Get a grip 

20:20 vision mate.

If your can't see that most of the outfielders don't know what they're supposed to be doing then I suggest you pay SpecSavers a visit.

10 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

We're Derby fans.

Short-sighted idiotic knee jerk reactions are what we do best.

Archived