simple poll do you still back Mel???

simple poll  

337 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Daveo said:

The 2.20 at Aintree tomorrow, I've got a fiver on

What you do that for....the Derby way is not about winning, fool !!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

What you do that for....the Derby way is not about winning, fool !!

Exactly, it's not about coming first place, it's about having the prettiest mane and beautiful tail plaits. 

We will try win a race once we are the most beautiful horse in all of Aintree, whilst our rivals of 5 years previous have had 4-5 years of Gold Cup experience and got used to competing at that level. 

We will be the prettiest still though!

Yes, for now. But much more of this and I won't be. I don't think he has covered himself or the club in glory over this. 

He is to blame as much as anyone for the overpriced, bloated squad and the managerial mess.

Dare I say he needs to learn the difference between running a business and running a football club.

11 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Yes, for now. But much more of this and I won't be. I don't think he has covered himself or the club in glory over this.

Learn the difference between running a business and running a football club.

I voted no sorry after that statement and it goes against what I have said previously but I can't vote yes I'm afraid  anymore  

Still wish the Rams well though. 

4 minutes ago, Chris Mills said:

Exactly, it's not about coming first place, it's about having the prettiest mane and beautiful tail plaits. 

We will try win a race once we are the most beautiful horse in all of Aintree, whilst our rivals of 5 years previous have had 4-5 years of Gold Cup experience and got used to competing at that level. 

We will be the prettiest still though!

Hay, I'm not staying online furlong as its late but the mane plan is now to get stable, no need to saddle Wassall with any pressure. 

1 minute ago, Daveo said:

Hay, I'm not staying online furlong as its late but the mane plan is now to get stable, no need to saddle Wassall with any pressure. 

I'm bouncing off walls with betting slips everywhere at the minute

33 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

On a side note....anyone who ever uses the phrase 110% or anything like it should be taken to the nearest body of water and thrown in it with concrete tied around their ankles 

31 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Fine 115% behind Mel.

Please see highlighted in bold...and revise.

Since when have we "backed" owners?

The only thing that matters is playing some half decent football. We back managers and players, we don't back owners.

We protest about owners if it turns to **** or they are obvious crooks, but that's about it.

Mel's vision is to put DCFC back in the top flight in a way that is sustainable in the long term.

Its not going to happen overnight and there will be other hiccups along the way, but if it works, Mel will be a hero.

The time to judge Mel is around 2020. If he continues to fund the club and we aren't safely ensconced in mid table premiership luxury. playing superb football, then put up another poll......

Yes, but only because that is my default position until proven otherwise.

There's the sensationalist narrative of the media which have exaggerated true events to paint a picture of a Maverick owner. But there are bits and pieces that I don't like at all.

I would really, REALLY have loved an apology from Morris over the Reading dressing room incident. Maybe a better or fuller  explanation of the context would have sufficed. But what I was looking for wasn't there - a guarantee it wouldn't happen again. It's vital that he sees quickly why that's such an important issue.

It also seems a tad...careless...to unquestionably give money to Clement when he seems to be straying from your plan. Then again, it does show that the football people have much more autonomy than some would have you believe. He's prepared to pay up if the football people tell him they need something.

I also very strongly believe in his vision. We are completely on the same hymn sheet there. The method of doing it may be controversial, but entertaining football and going up and staying up, and making a mark is what I want and I want it to last. Going up this season was a very real reality under Clement. But the rest of it...?

I wouldn't blame anyone for coming down harshly either side, because there's a lot of confusing information out there, but the stakes are high so people will form strong opinions quickly. I'm reserving judgement for a while longer.

Colour me concerned, but on side.

12 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Don't want him gone. 

Not the same as supporting everything he does. 

His heart is in the right place. The strategy he laid out is perfect imo. 

The way we have done things.... not a fan

I don't want him gone either but hey ho what's done is done. 

Looks like you were right all along m8 

Cant help but feel he needs to take more of a back seat when it comes to playing matters .

Dont mind the slow build up play though but some fans get too impatient and start ranting at the players .  

Yes, but finding it all a bit weird.

There are things to like - He's fronted up and given the interviews.

He's not afraid of decisions. What Mel's said does put into context Carlo tweeting "the club have no ambition" and so on.

Careful building is not a bad thing.

But having "metrics" on subjective areas like style and flair? Points not a good measure - I think they are hugely important. Yes, not everything, not the only thing, but err, pretty high up there.

Things like the McClaren good times don't get brought with money. They get brought and paid for through trust, endeavour, bonding and the knack of being in the right place at the right time. It was special because times like that don't come along through a good budget alone or else every rich owner would being enjoying them.

I'm in the camp that believes in him and what he wants to do, but he is learning how to be the custodian of DCFC which is very different to the champion businessman.

Perhaps the Fulham team selection was two fingers from PC, we'll never know. However, what's done is done. Seeing something from the likes of Johnson, Martin, Ince etc on the weekend will be interesting.

Archived