Heard on the grape vine

1977 Ram Raider

I had mentioned before that my landlords plumbing company also works at Moor farm, and he had said that the players were 50/50 on whether SM was going to Toon. Half saying they thought he was definitely off and the other half saying they had no idea whether he would or not. 

I personally can't see the Toon fans accepting him, but at the same time, Ashley is hardly one to give a **** what they want. 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had mentioned before that my landlords plumbing company also works at Moor farm, and he had said that the players were 50/50 on whether SM was going to Toon. Half saying they thought he was definitely off and the other half saying they had no idea whether he would or not. 

I personally can't see the Toon fans accepting him, but at the same time, Ashley is hardly one to give a **** what they want. 

​there would be no pressure on him because he used to be the Boro manager.......they dont consider themselves rivals at all.....and anyway...he didnt do too bad when he went to Derby after he used to be the manager of that lot down the road did he..?

What football and pickled eggs? http://pickledeggevents.com/events/football-vip/

They even do flights home with the team, just imagine next season when we are in Europe

(Ermm pre season at best some of you may think!) well you can organise to sit next to Super Jake Buxton and enjoy a pickled egg or two!

Might come in handy for Wembley this one, to avoid all that **** beer they serve in the concourses!

And remember kids it’s what’s in the box that matters!

​yes but he failed at "them lot" because he was associated with us, this his is home, he played here, he was assistant manager, he has history with us, pardew couldn't move quick enough with the cockney mafia in charge of the geordies, even resulted going to palace who were in a relegation battle from 10th placed Newcastle.

​McClaren is manager in all but name. He outranks the DoF and has the final say on all transfers. In our case, the head coach bit is just an indication that we want a manager who spends most of his time coaching, rather than a suburdinate coach who has no say in transfers and has to take on board selection advice from the DoF.

Brentford's owner is a firm beiliever in statistics - it's how he made his fortune.He wants to run the club literally to a fomula. That means that the head coach would have to select the players and playing which the computer indicates as the most likely to succeed and accept that he'd have no input in transfer decisions. I can easily see why Warburton might object to that, but happilly slot into Steve McClaren's role.

Archived