Derby County v Sheffield Wednesday

ladyram

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would rather see Bryson dropped instead of Hughes on current showing, on the back of 2 MOTM performances at pride park in the last 2 games, he deserves to start.

aye lets drop the player of the year !!!!!! it beggars belief what i read on here ,just to remind you we were up 4-1 when bryso came off the other night there ,end result 5-5 says it all really but lets drop bryso that makes sense !!!!!

aye lets drop the player of the year !!!!!! it beggars belief what i read on here ,just to remind you we were up 4-1 when bryso came off the other night there ,end result 5-5 says it all really but lets drop bryso that makes sense !!!!!

Yes I agree, I would prefer to be ambitious and start with Hughes and Bryson

Was also 4-1 when Hughes came off though (wasn't it) and Hughes out performed Bryson by all accounts. I want both players to start and go for the same team as last game, but if we was to drop either Bryson or Hughes, in the past 2 games Hughes has come off as MOTM so let him get a run of games and hopefully carry on that form, that was my point!

Was also 4-1 when Hughes came off though (wasn't it) and Hughes out performed Bryson by all accounts. I want both players to start and go for the same team as last game, but if we was to drop either Bryson or Hughes, in the past 2 games Hughes has come off as MOTM so let him get a run of games and hopefully carry on that form, that was my point!

It depends what you mean by outperformed. Hughes was certainly 'better' in terms of creativity, end-product etc, but Bryson does a really important job in midfield pressuring the other team, tracking runners and so on. The only way I'd be happy with Bryson being dropped/rested/whatever is if Coutts is coming into the middle to do the same job.

Personally, I would leave the midfield the same as it was for the Ssausagehorpe game - they all played well and we looked decent with those 4. I'd maybe drop Jacobs for Ward as I think Ward does a better job protecting his fullback, but it would be a shame to lose out on jacobs set-piece delivery. There's no need to rush Hendrick back while Hughes is playing well.

Archived