Derby County v Sheffield Wednesday

ladyram

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My prediction is a draw.

Wednesday havent lost a competive game in 14 now.

They looked good in midweek too.

Probably 1-1, with both teams missing hatfulls of chances, because as we know both sides lack the quality up front.

Derby create lots more clear chances than they score, and Wednesday rely on Derby rejects like Maguire.

Selection Headache alert!!!

NC loves Wardy but jacobs looks to be creating all over the place. So left hand side is taken. Ward has to play cos he hates the Wendies as much as hates the dirty leeds. I'd find a spot for jamie Ward in my starting 11 even if I needed to put him left back.

NC loves Jeff but young Hughesy has done more than enough to stay in the side. NC is very much of the mindset that if you've got the shirt and you play well you keep the shirt. I'd be amazed if he drops Hughes, no matter how good I think Hendrick is, I think he'll have to wait for Hughes to dip.

NC loves Tyson but we might have a new stirker before then.

Theo scores more than Tyson but we might have a new striker before then.

I think Bryson is undroppable. He's our midfield dynamo and he just doesnt let us down - ever.

At the back it's good that O'Connor is likely not fit otherwise that would be another headache. I can see him pushing GRob all the way.

My prediction Theo out AND if Sammon is signed Tyson out. Ward in the hole with Sammon. Hughes starts Jeff on the bench.

Super Frankie Fielding

Robertos

Keogh

Buxtinho

Brayford

Jacobs

Hughes

Bryson

Coutts

Sammon/Tyson

Narky little Wardy.

Subs:

Hendrick, Freeman, Tyson, Bennett, Legzdins, O'Connor (or Lelan) Theo.

I don't know why I've got a feeling naylor might miss out. Maybe harsh from my side.

2-1 we'll go behind on the 15 minute mark even though we're all over them. Then Coutts and Hughes get hold of the game.

Coutts and "20 goals a season" Bucko for us. ANYONE BUT Maguire for them.

33,310 sell out.

My prediction is a draw.

Wednesday havent lost a competive game in 14 now.

They looked good in midweek too.

Probably 1-1, with both teams missing hatfulls of chances, because as we know both sides lack the quality up front.

Derby create lots more clear chances than they score, and Wednesday rely on Derby rejects like Maguire.

we looked good in midweek too!

Nige won't be messing about with the first team line-up in a match that counts.

It's no coincidence that he never gets us past the Mickey Mouse cup opening round.

The first team is getting moulded into a stronger and more cohesive unit playing the W formation.

They will improve during the season, but I just hope they turn up for this important opening match against a much improved, and still developing SWed side.

1-1 would be a good achievement and something to build on as we prove the bookies wrong.

After looking on the wearederby tickets site, there seem to be only single seats available and most of those in row x , added to the fact that the demand / price algorithm has pushed price up to £32.50 for B cat seats id now say 32,480

and im now in a slightly more optimistic mood so 3-2 score ..

1-0 to the rams tyson to score first then late in the game he picks up a niggling ijury that will keep him out for a few weeks but clough says the club are sorting it out right and he will come back fitter ans stronger, misses most of the season but comes on in the 85th min against forest after sammon gets injured and keogh, buxton and feilding get sent off to score an injury time winner.

if all this happens i think i should win the prediction league

Keep the same team from last night - judge the game on the performance not the result!

Defence looked very solid, midfield created so many chances and the strikers looked strong and sharp.

Fielding-Bray,Robs,Keogh,Bux,-Coutts,Jacobs,Hughes,Bryson-Tyson,Theo.

Lego, Freeman, O'Connor, Hendrick, Bavies, Savies and Ward

Derby 2-1

Tyson.

Att: 32,891

Music to my ears... Don't want to see the negative type of football that seems to coincide with our bad runs.

“I think you see a lot of draws on the opening day of the season because nobody wants to lose. But we will be going for the win as usual, and we might be too positive at times.

“Our play going forward on Tuesday night was fantastic, and we don’t want to sacrifice that at the cost of being defensive or negative – and we don’t think we have to.”

Music to my ears... Don't want to see the negative type of football that seems to coincide with our bad runs.

“I think you see a lot of draws on the opening day of the season because nobody wants to lose. But we will be going for the win as usual, and we might be too positive at times.

“Our play going forward on Tuesday night was fantastic, and we don’t want to sacrifice that at the cost of being defensive or negative – and we don’t think we have to.”

Where's that quote from?

Archived