Derby County v Sheffield Wednesday

ladyram

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will Ward and Hendrick walk back into the team? Don't think you can drop hughes after his performance?? Anyway i'll go for 3-1 Derby. Tyson, Hughes, Coutts.

The side needs to be more balanced. Hendrick will definitely play if fit. Jacobs took good free kicks and corners but general play was poor. The alternative is to drop Coutts, who played better than Jacobs.

The side needs to be more balanced. Hendrick will definitely play if fit. Jacobs took good free kicks and corners but general play was poor. The alternative is to drop Coutts, who played better than Jacobs.

I disagree Hughes and Bryson looked solid and played very well indeed. The team for me will be (especially with Clough saying he took Hughes off with Saturday in mind)

Fielding

Brayford

Buxton

Keogh

Roberts

Coutts

Bryson

Hughes

Ward

Tyson

Theo

If NC picks that midfield again i'll be amazed. Though if Hendrick isn't fit, he may have to.

I thought the midfield was good last night, no? Before Hughes and Bryson got taken off, we looked comfortable, passed the ball well, scored goals.

If we leave out Will Hughes, with the way he's been playing, we'd be idiots. He could be a top player for us this season and for me, as shown more promise than Jeff in pre-season.

For battling away games or if we're 2-0 up at home on say, the 60/70 minute, then I would bring on Jeff because he's a bit more defensive. But at home, against Wednesday, I think it's the perfect game for Hughes.

After last night its anyones guess, do we even know what we have as a 'team' really ? Lots of talk about gelling, and good or bad players performances ..........so i'll stick my head out and say 4-4 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wacko:' />

Depends on NC's tactics 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

I thought the midfield was good last night, no? Before Hughes and Bryson got taken off, we looked comfortable, passed the ball well, scored goals.

If we leave out Will Hughes, with the way he's been playing, we'd be idiots. He could be a top player for us this season and for me, as shown more promise than Jeff in pre-season.

For battling away games or if we're 2-0 up at home on say, the 60/70 minute, then I would bring on Jeff because he's a bit more defensive. But at home, against Wednesday, I think it's the perfect game for Hughes.

At what point did I say drop Hughes? It's just that Hughes and Bryson are too lightweight as a pair for championship football. We could go 4-3-3 but we don't have a CF who can play the lone striker

Keep the same team from last night - judge the game on the performance not the result!

Defence looked very solid, midfield created so many chances and the strikers looked strong and sharp.

Fielding-Bray,Robs,Keogh,Bux,-Coutts,Jacobs,Hughes,Bryson-Tyson,Theo.

Lego, Freeman, O'Connor, Hendrick, Bavies, Savies and Ward

Derby 2-1

Tyson.

At what point did I say drop Hughes? It's just that Hughes and Bryson are too lightweight as a pair for championship football. We could go 4-3-3 but we don't have a CF who can play the lone striker

I never said you did? I said If we leave out Hughes we'd be stupid, but that was not to you.

Archived