Kieron Freeman

Ambitious

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nominal fees don't mean nominal wages. In fact, some free transfers mean high wages.

This won't be the case though, or shouldnt be.. He is a youth player, if he comes in here expecting to be on the same wage as Keogh or Brayford...etc then he'll be told where to go - i think something on similar lines to Naylor, in terms of what package we would put together!

Looking on a few of the Forest forums and it seems to be split 50/50 on whether he's better as a RB or LB. That SSN article also mentions how he wants first team football but if we bring him in as a RB, there is absolutely no chance of him beating out Brayford. He could be a good understudy for Gazza R next season though and then take over whenever he decides to hang up his boots.

Looking on a few of the Forest forums and it seems to be split 50/50 on whether he's better as a RB or LB. That SSN article also mentions how he wants first team football but if we bring him in as a RB, there is absolutely no chance of him beating out Brayford. He could be a good understudy for Gazza R next season though and then take over whenever he decides to hang up his boots.

When he played for Notts County, we played wing back and in a 442 could play RB or RM. This type of player could be handy for the bench. If you are protecting a lead, he could replace the RM and if we are chasing the game he could replace Brayford.

why are we looking at this guy? someone care to explain.

Young, talented, can play both leftback and rightback.

Our defence is currently:

RB: Brayford, O'Connor, Naylor

LB: Roberts, O'Connor, Hoganson

CB: Keogh, Buxton, O'Brien, Naylor, O'Connor, Gjokaj, Galinski, Lelan

Where here gray represents players covering this position from another position, red is a player who may be signing but is yet to and green are youth/development squad players who cannot be expected to be first choice or be relied upon in the coming season. Interestingly I've seen him be described as a leftback before and in fact is listed as such before. With our options at leftback consisting of a 35 year old, an 18 year old and a rightback who can play there when needed, having a 20 year old with some league experience might be a good idea and if the club decide to go down that route I don't see what there is to complain about. It will be interesting to see if this happens, and if it does the signing of Gjokaj would round our a defence with some depth for the first time in a while.

Does it not bother anyone else that he's a nob? The sort of little runt that are the the uneducated blight on society??

Ooooh, let's ignore that if he can get Derby some points.

It'll be King signing next and we'll say 'well he's had to do a lot of growing up since then.'

Maybe Lee Hughes and Nathan Dyer? A keeper from Swindon? Maybe Josef Fritzl can play CF?

Nah, seriously though. I can't support nobheads. Hope we don't sign him.

Anybody who criticised Forest for the Halford signing...... We could be getting a bigger moron

Does it not bother anyone else that he's a nob? The sort of little runt that are the the uneducated blight on society??

Ooooh, let's ignore that if he can get Derby some points.

It'll be King signing next and we'll say 'well he's had to do a lot of growing up since then.'

Maybe Lee Hughes and Nathan Dyer? A keeper from Swindon? Maybe Josef Fritzl can play CF?

Nah, seriously though. I can't support nobheads. Hope we don't sign him.

Anybody who criticised Forest for the Halford signing...... We could be getting a bigger moron

...what on Earth did he do? Did I miss something, all I heard is that he uses slang on twitter, is that seriously how you judge character?

...what on Earth did he do? Did I miss something, all I heard is that he uses slang on twitter, is that seriously how you judge character?

Gun signs etc..... would you let him date your daughter?

Yes, I judge people by their behaviour. How do you judge people?

It seems to me that most of this is just a young man posing and posturing, a lot of it influenced by the type of music he's into, judging by the lyrics he posts.

I agree that it is a little off-putting, but to compare it to King, Hughes et al, as a previous poster did, is a trifle harsh. He's not actually committed an offence, as far as I'm aware.

That said, I'm in two minds... Part of me thinks, if he improves the squad, so what? But I'm also thinking that the right sort of character is important.

The biggest worry for me is that at a young age, he's happy to turn his back on the club that developed him in order to secure more money. I'm sure he's fairly well paid already, so that lack of loyalty disturbs me more than a bit of youthful silliness on a social networking site.

He's just turned 20? What were you like at that age, what would have someone your age thought of you back when you were his age...

...its a strange day and age now isn't it, as the youth of today broadcast themselves so freely and happily, it makes it easy to see how they act these days. Despite this, I seriously doubt people your age (judging by the daughter question) would probably have thought similar things about you from the way you act. Whilst I am past that age, I can still understand the sorts of things that lead to such cultures and basing an opinion of someone off of a few pictures and tweets is a bit much. If he'd actually done something, then I could definitely understand, but judging someone on twitter...

If he's not the right fit personality wise for the squad, I doubt Nigel would sign him, but at the end of the day, if Nigel thinks he's a fit, I don't have a reason to not trust him.

As for him turning his back on his club, he's just turned 20 and tasted first team football at a rival club on loan. He obviously has some confidence about his ability now and in light of Forest's defensive issues would have expected a chance to prove himself there. Instead they've gone and signed other players to play in his place and he likely feels that he's had that chance taken from him. As such he probably feels as though he can do better elsewhere. I don't see the issue on that alone really. Although it can sometimes be a bad sign as you say, the likes of Green and Commons speak volumes about this.

Archived