Kieron Freeman

Ambitious

I know it's been mentioned in the forest thread but seems very legit, just browsed on the notts county fans forum and someone who knows his dad posted it and others confirmed it - I thought this would be worth it's own thread as there is a lot of substance behind it!

Impressed massively last season at Notts County made it clear that he wants to leave and seems to hate Forest as much as we do!

Welcome Freeman!

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another full back though.. Meh. Do we really need him?

What the fook is it with us and Forest?!

We buy loads of defenders when we don't need them, but need a striker. They sign strikers when they don't need them, yet need defenders....

Fooking bizarre ****.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=402&fid=17&sty=2&act=1&mid=2114367082

this, would for me, be the best signing of the new season, by a long way.

Freeman is one of the most naturally gifted, young footballers I've seen at the lane in many a year.

I hope he continues to fall under the radar at Forest (sorry Kieron) and eventually plies his trade, full time at Notts.

-----

Sounds very highly rated at their place, any young player with this sort of references under neath him - depending on price, we should take the chance... Could turn out to be a duffer, but, we need to take the gamble!

interesting story this. LTLF forum posters seem to be suggesting a move here is on the cards. He must be seen as the young LB clough has in mind. Seems highly rated. Forest would want a small fee though as he is under contract there till next summer.

Don't need another defender, no point spending 6 figure sums on this player when we are crying out for a striker

Not everything is about the immediate future, if the club did see him as one for the future and could get him now, I'm sure they'd go for it. I'd doubt that signing a young defender would be done instead of signing a striker if the option was there and personally I'd say that the club know what they are doing in this regard. I always find it funny when supporters claim to be this mystical font of knowledge in this regard, I mean, we the hell are we? Who are you? Some chap who gets his jollies twittering away on forum about players you in some cases have seen play once, and in general have seen play orders of magnitude less than the club's staff and scouts. Your qualifications on the matter (and mine) on the matter are also so laughably comical as well, but we persist and discuss not because we know what we're talking about, but because we enjoy. Despite this though, I still think this rubbish about "We needa swikwer!!! A SWIKERRR!!!!!" is getting a bit much. Yes we need someone, but its clear they know and have been making moves for one for a long time now, but as anyone can plaining see, even in the current market, its the hardest type of player to get.

Have a nice day.

Not everything is about the immediate future, if the club did see him as one for the future and could get him now, I'm sure they'd go for it. I'd doubt that signing a young defender would be done instead of signing a striker if the option was there and personally I'd say that the club know what they are doing in this regard. I always find it funny when supporters claim to be this mystical font of knowledge in this regard, I mean, we the hell are we? Who are you? Some chap who gets his jollies twittering away on forum about players you in some cases have seen play once, and in general have seen play orders of magnitude less than the club's staff and scouts. Your qualifications on the matter (and mine) on the matter are also so laughably comical as well, but we persist and discuss not because we know what we're talking about, but because we enjoy. Despite this though, I still think this rubbish about "We needa swikwer!!! A SWIKERRR!!!!!" is getting a bit much. Yes we need someone, but its clear they know and have been making moves for one for a long time now, but as anyone can plaining see, even in the current market, its the hardest type of player to get.

Have a nice day.

good rant, I enjoyed that!

Have a nice day.

I fully understand your point, and although I find your portrayal of me, not only rude, but also idiotic as I know this was of no fault of your own, but more your familys genetic history, I will let this pass.

Kieron Freeman's primary position is a right back, where we currently have John Brayford, 24 and James O'Connor, 27. We have a very young defense, excluding Gareth Roberts the remaining defenders remain under the age of 27.

We currently have Robinson, Ward and Tyson as our top 3 strikers, which last season they scored less than 15 goals. It does not make any sense at all to pay at least £500,000 + wages, on a player that will sit on the bench, when the money could be invested into a striker.

Let me put this question to you, last season Reading bought Adam Le Fondre, so would you much rather have Kieron Freeman or Adam Le Fondre?

I fully understand your point, and although I find your portrayal of me, not only rude, but also idiotic as I know this was of no fault of your own, but more your familys genetic history, I will let this pass.

Kieron Freeman's primary position is a right back, where we currently have John Brayford, 24 and James O'Connor, 27. We have a very young defense, excluding Gareth Roberts the remaining defenders remain under the age of 27.

We currently have Robinson, Ward and Tyson as our top 3 strikers, which last season they scored less than 15 goals. It does not make any sense at all to pay at least £500,000 + wages, on a player that will sit on the bench, when the money could be invested into a striker.

Let me put this question to you, last season Reading bought Adam Le Fondre, so would you much rather have Kieron Freeman or Adam Le Fondre?

You clearly misunderstood my point, and my "portrayal of you" was in fact, not even of you. You present the choice as what we'd go through now, as though to make your point before somehow more valid. However, I was not attacking your point, nor was I attempt to attack you. Rather it was a point that clearly the club know what they are doing in this case, and whilst there is no hard evidence that we are in fact even after this player, some choose to continually point out that we need a striker. The "portrayal", as mentioned before was not meant to be you specifically, instead it was meant to be a characterisation of us as a whole; pointing out the obvious and more importantly, pointing out what the club themselves have already pointed out. This needless twittering on about the need to sign a striker, this endless noise that we make when clearly the issue was never one of the knowledge of this need, but rather the practicality. I myself am guilty of such as much as you or any on here, but apparently this point was lost on you, jumping to defend your "pride" rather than taking what I said and thinking about it for the merest fraction of time.

Of course, insulting my genetics is the obvious next step though isn't it, this basically a shot with some veiled classism and potentially just a hint of racism, although I won't jump to such a conclusion. Whilst some do argue about genetic links in intelligence, to argue that the progeny of the stupid are stupid themselves is a flawed argument, and if carried to its end would argue that we are all idiots, although that depends on how one defines intelligence.

So yeah, I'll put what I said previously into dot points, just for you, so its a tad clearer:

1. There is no point stating that we need a striker:

i. The club have already stated as such

ii. The fact that one of our main goalscorers is leaving makes this even more obvious

2. There is no evidence that this would be a choice of a striker or this player

i. This is a baseless assumption

ii. The club have already moved for another defender without selling other defenders

iii. The club are looking at other young players that would also require fees

3. There is no hard evidence that we are even after this player

Hopefully that helps.

Archived