Kieron Freeman

Ambitious

I think in all honesty they have a biasedness as we do, I try and stay fair but I'm always going to be biased to the team I watch week in week out!

If there is one thing that I like about the American owners it has made me more open minded and realistic towards our ability and potential - whereas the poor souls down the road are still of the opinion 'he plays for Derby, wouldn't make our squad' when they have signed the players they have you would hope for a better reaction - Gillett and Halford were starters in a much poorer side picked up for barely nothing... Whereas Zidane, Cox, Hutchinson, Harding and Ayala were back ups/bit parts in better sides! Yet they still seem to have this self delusion about whoever plays for Forest is a class above and whoever plays for anyone else is awful... Makes little sense and is slightly embarrassing.

Another one said they have the better youth players - lascalles and freeman were the only ones I had heard of for being good, Bamford turned up and then got sold and we've just took freeman off them for nothing to play in our u/21! Shoe on the other foot, imagine the uproar if they managed to get their greasy mits into Bennett, Hughes, Hendrick, O'Brien...etc I would be livid and shocked to the core and they would be filling their pants!

Not entirely sure why Forest even bother having an academy. Other than for us to raid of course.

Forest fans have no objectivity, it's true. They're also incredibly insecure, constantly looking for positive reinforcement of their world view from any which corner they can find it.

The little-man syndrome that they've adopted in recent years is truly hilarious. Finished above us twice since the turn of the millennium but somehow think that they're still relevant. There's probably a whole generation of Rams fans who've never known anything other than us being better than Forest, just as there's probably a whole generation of bin-dippers who've had to rely on tales told to them by their great grandparents......

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not entirely sure why Forest even bother having an academy. Other than for us to raid of course.

Forest fans have no objectivity, it's true. They're also incredibly insecure, constantly looking for positive reinforcement of their world view from any which corner they can find it.

The little-man syndrome that they've adopted in recent years is truly hilarious. Finished above us twice since the turn of the millennium but somehow think that they're still relevant. There's probably a whole generation of Rams fans who've never known anything other than us being better than Forest, just as there's probably a whole generation of bin-dippers who've had to rely on tales told to them by their great grandparents......

it's their dreadful 'superiority complex' that does it.

From the BBC;

Derby County have signed Kieron Freeman on a two-year deal from Nottingham Forest for an undisclosed fee.

The Wales Under-21 defender, 20, had loan spells with Mansfield Town and Notts County last season but never made a league appearance for Forest.

Rams boss Nigel Clough told BBC Radio Derby: "We sorted the last little details out and his medical.

"He'll be in the squad just beneath the first team. We'll see how he acquits himself and he might go out on loan."

[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19284986]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19284986

• 5 months later...

Archived