this season might be a struggle

B4ev6is

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we could struggle this season but certainly not for any reasons you have predicted - I mean a goal shortage, really? We are raw upfront no doubting that but raw is not always bad, I think we will be very confidence based upfront and players like Tyson, Robinson, Ward and Bennett all seem like players who will score in patches and not any of them have really been consistent in their career neither has Savies but to some extent you could say his record upfront at this level makes him one of the more dangerous and consistent in the league but for time spent on the wings and on the physio table we will never know!

I think we have more creativity in midfield the arrival of Jacobs and Coutts have been shrewd but good arrivals and will no doubt improve us and with the Swiss CB on the way back along with Keogh and O'Connor will add good depth and strength in defence..

Certainly no weaker than last season but because we're a confidence driven side then we could end up in the play-offs because on our game we've shown often we can play at that level, but more often than not these runs are often followed by long winless runs where our team just seems to lack any confidence at all and resort to playing safe football and don't open up, someone already mentioned that when safety was achieved last season we then went at teams and particularly away from home showed a lot more ability...

We need to have a little more belief, freedom and confidence in ourself when the chips are down, then perhaps we will keep away from these dreadful runs!

A Real goalscorer will go a long way, thats for sure.

If I was a Jewell or a Warnock coming into our club right now, seeking promotion.

I'd probably want 2 forwards, a big man/ decent hold up player who is physical and isnt going to lose out to every Central defender he plays against, and I'd also want a real goal scorer. Someone in the theo mould but who can really finish. The Likes of maynard, Baldock, Rhodes, Chopra.

Time wll tell how we do next season, hopefully hendrick will get better, and coutts and jacobs will provide more goals and creativity from out wide. What I really dont want to see though is performance after performance where we are the better side but get undone by not taking our chances and not having efforts on goal (from our goal shy strikers). Ie JUST LIKE LAST YEAR AND THE YEAR BEFORE THAT.

Clough puts an awful lot of faith into the likes of ward, steve davies, theo and tyson wheras most of us can see they arent of the quality we need to really compete. Whilst theo has improved no end, can he get any better? and will he really ever be as good as what we require to move forward?

Time will tell.

what i meant by lack of fire power is if theo gets crowed out of games, as teams will mark him tightly he has no one get players away from him or a fellow striker to draw them away and chip goals in as well.

Why would teams mark him tighter than any other forward? And why will he not have another striker alongside him? If this is the case this will be down to the managers tactics rather than our owners not putting money in.

B4, would you still be moaning like this if Callum Ball was still with us??? Speaking of which what have you done with your shrine to him on your bedroom wall???

We know we're a little short on fire pire at the moment but until o Paul at Ipswich meets our price tag for Savies we can't afford to bring one in. Be patient...

What's the subject for your weekly anti board tirade next week???

B4, you are officially irritating me now. Change the record, it's boring.

You need to learn how to react as an adult to others opinions. Everyone is entitled to a viewpoint and to express it without having posts like that aimed that them.

Ha, just because it's B4; if Bris made those sort of comments so relentlessly he'd be slaughtered by all and sundry. He's entitled to his opinion, I'm just as entitled to mine and if I think he's saying the same old thing over and over, I'm well within my rights to say so, just as you two are to get on your high horses.

i have seen enough over the years to know when derby going to do well and when were not, yes i wanted callium ball to stay with us but if he gets some first team experance and come back stronger fair enough, but i just think we need a target man as we all know eather tall anf fast one or slightly older with some experance and know how to bring on the likes of theo or bennet even jamie ward. I know everyone does not agree with me and thats fine. and yes i will admit i have not to preseason but what i have read of games i am hoping to go on wednesday night.

Archived