this season might be a struggle

B4ev6is

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha, just because it's B4; if Bris made those sort of comments so relentlessly he'd be slaughtered by all and sundry. He's entitled to his opinion, I'm just as entitled to mine and if I think he's saying the same old thing over and over, I'm well within my rights to say so, just as you two are to get on your high horses.

Actually I was never part of the Bris bashing and I dissaproved of it, this is a forum for ideas not for child like bickering which you have engaged in. The better part of valour would be to ignore B4's comments if you're tired of them.

I think we'll be alright, seems like it's all coming together now 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> Nigel says he's got his starting 11 so guess it's just wait and see.

Most of the squad is young and Cloughie's additions all seem to be better than most of the players we've had before. It's easy to get down being a rams fan but every team are the same. We're just a work in progress and we have a nice dilemma of having players fighting for positions with the younguns biting at their heels which we haven't had for a long long time.

As for goals, well Master Robinson will fluke a few and so will Wardy, who knows Tyson might even get half a dozen. Looks like Nigel's hoping Coutts might as well.

Don't think we'll struggle though or at least we shouldn't!

i think we have the potential to finish above the top ten this season. play off are a possibillity. if we are more consistent in every area, then we might even be talking automatics!!! we have definitely improved from last year and hopefully we will improve in morale. the one thing that concerns me is that if we get promoted, with the current squad i dont think we're ready. if we are to be promoted, our young players need to make an impact and our more experienced ones need to guide them. injuries are no longer a problem as we have significantly bolstered our squad, while not losing many players. all is set for a promising season and i've had more expectancy than i have for years. COME ON YOU RAMS!

i have seen enough over the years to know when derby going to do well and when were not, yes i wanted callium ball to stay with us but if he gets some first team experance and come back stronger fair enough, but i just think we need a target man as we all know eather tall anf fast one or slightly older with some experance and know how to bring on the likes of theo or bennet even jamie ward. I know everyone does not agree with me and thats fine. and yes i will admit i have not to preseason but what i have read of games i am hoping to go on wednesday night.

Did you say we were heading for automatic promotion last year???

Actually I was never part of the Bris bashing and I dissaproved of it, this is a forum for ideas not for child like bickering which you have engaged in. The better part of valour would be to ignore B4's comments if you're tired of them.

No, you're thinking of a TED conference, this is exactly the place for child-like bickering 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> It is also a place for opinions, some of which other people will disagree with...

I'll lift the mood even after a couple of people have done a decent job of dampening it.

I've just watched the first 60 minutes of the Sunderland game and in particular young William Hughes.

Good god but the little bugger has some ability. I think he's going to get into the team at some point and he's going to make it impossible to leave him out. His awareness of what;s around him is superb, he ALMOST never gives the ball away.

That lad will be worth millions this time next year if he isn't already. I'm not even talking about Hendrick, Coutts and Bryson, or Wardy, or keogh. or naylor doing a more than decent job wherever he plays, or Brayford getting back to his best. Christ even Nathan broke his duck...we've got moret han enough already to stay top half.

We played some lovely football last night and it's carried on so far right through pre-season that we've tried to play and play and play. We're going to dish out a tonking or two next year cos we'll have days where it really really clicks. If we get Savies staying or we get a striker in we will smash three or four teams out of site at Pride Park. It's going to be quality watching the young lads chase, then harry, then out football other teams.

Pessism, now before the eve of the most exciting season for the last 4 or 5? Not on your nelly. Once we get to october we'll never be outside of the top 10.

i agree that hughes could be a quality player if he can break in the first team. i hope this can also be bennet's breakthrough season, hendrick, OB and naylor continue their form from last season and gjokaj and hoganson can prove why they've signed for us. plus with our experience as well we could be brilliant!

Hughes was one of the best players in a white shirt last night, though to be fair it was the perfect game for him as eveyone was jogging around and barely a tackle was made all night by either side.

The test will be when teams are trying to kick lumps out of him week in, week out. He looks a real class act though and I'm looking forward to seeing him play plenty more this season.

Kezman to Derby...

And I remember the one about Steve Davies never being a striker, oh wait that wasnt B4 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

B4 makes some memorable posts sometimes for the wrong reasons, but dont we all.

It makes me laugh when everyone on here was saying SDavies is a brilliant lone striker, he isn't even a striker.. perhaps at a push could play in that hole behind a striker but he is a left midfield player.. that is where he has spent 99% of his career, and he does a good job there!

I think were headed for mid table, next season if Barker can come back from his injury, we can bring in a new lb (roberts is good but mother nature & father time have teamed up & hes getting on) & a good old fashioned cf, with the progression of hughes, bennett & ob then maybe

Funny, Jewell spent money like it was going out of fashion when he was here. Now, he won't buy Savies because he hasn't got "an endless pot".

So we're stuck with a striker that doesn't want to be here and freezing our ability to get a new one in.

Fooked by Jewell when he's not even here!!!

And I remember the one about Steve Davies never being a striker, oh wait that wasnt B4 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

B4 makes some memorable posts sometimes for the wrong reasons, but dont we all.

ah... well, some would still argue otherwise, I however, have changed completely on that opinion - he has got a little bit slower and less immobile since then though. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

I'll lift the mood even after a couple of people have done a decent job of dampening it.

I've just watched the first 60 minutes of the Sunderland game and in particular young William Hughes.

Good god but the little bugger has some ability. I think he's going to get into the team at some point and he's going to make it impossible to leave him out. His awareness of what;s around him is superb, he ALMOST never gives the ball away.

That lad will be worth millions this time next year if he isn't already. I'm not even talking about Hendrick, Coutts and Bryson, or Wardy, or keogh. or naylor doing a more than decent job wherever he plays, or Brayford getting back to his best. Christ even Nathan broke his duck...we've got moret han enough already to stay top half.

Pessism, now before the eve of the most exciting season for the last 4 or 5? Not on your nelly. Once we get to october we'll never be outside of the top 10.

If anything I've been the opposite of B4's pre-season doom-mongering. I'll think we'll be fine. If Savies is sold and we manage to get a decent old school No 9 replacement we'll be in even better shape. I was more concerned about Shackell's replacement because if you keep it tight at the back you're always in with a shout of picking up a result. Remember what Nigel's Dad always said... "You start with a point so let's at least finish with it"

As for Hughes, he looks a lot better prospect than Hendrick. From what I've seen of him it's not just the ginger hair which is similar to Paul Scholes...

Someone once said "you're only as good as your strikers" and I think it's more relevant in this division than any of the others. I think we are in better shape than last year but our group of strikers have potential for goals rather than any justifiable pedigree and we definitely need that extra big man who can be our goalscoring tailisman. Are there 6 or more teams in the Championship with squads equipped to finish higher up the league than ours? I think the answer is probably yes. That said I feel we are set up for a top 10 finish and could challenge 5th or 6th spot with a dose of luck and a tail wind.

Archived