Paul Coutts

matty1

remember when we played 4-2-3-1 though, it was attacking, solid, fluid, exciting, it won us games and now in ward, coutts and jacobs, we've finally got the right type of players again, with the box to box ability of bryson and hendrick as the passer

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I expect to start 4-4-2 looking something like

Fielding

Brayford

Keogh

Buxton

Roberts

Coutts

Hendrick

Bryson

Jacobs

Ward

Tyson/Robinson

Changing to 4-5-1/4-3-3 with Ward pushing out right and coutts tucking in similar to Burton

Ward also got very isolated at times playing down the left. He had that fantastic spell around Christmas, but he faded badly after that. By playing him off a striker and letting him roam around, he at least has the chance to influence the game without being tightly marked. He was very involved in all of our decent attacks last night.

Need a quality hold up type striker for 4-2-3-1 to be effective IMHO , love theo but he's not the man for that formation. He needs a target man to play off. In other words nige we need a striker, saw Chris Woods at Olympics and a few times on telly,think he could do a job for us. A quality striker added to squad,and I would be optimistic about the new season

yes, theo is good at his own game but maybe if he came on at the end to use his pace and go through? and chris wood is a very good player, also connor wickham is unrealistic but he's not getting a game at sunderland, he's strong, quick and has a powerful shot, if only he would leave on loan

yes, theo is good at his own game but maybe if he came on at the end to use his pace and go through? and chris wood is a very good player, also connor wickham is unrealistic but he's not getting a game at sunderland, he's strong, quick and has a powerful shot, if only he would leave on loan

Chris Wood hasn't done f all to make him a very good player. Theo can score goals, he proved that last season, so no point only playing him for 15 minutes.

or 4-3-3

Fielding

Brayford Keogh Buxton O'Connor/Roberts

Coutts Hendrick Bryson

Jacobs Theo Ward???

Then maybe Tyson for Theo and Bavies or Tyson again for Jacobs

I think to play a 4-3-3, Nigel will have to have signed a 'Chris Wood type player' (for a barker type fee 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> )

And would look like this

Frankie

Brayf Keogh Bucko Gazza R

Coutts Hendrick Bryson

Tyson/Ward/Jacobs Wood Jacobs/Tyson

This would be when Theo wasn't playing. I can't see him fitting into a 4-3-3.

has he ever scored a header?

Archived