Time to act against GSE is now - Hi-yah!!

B4ev6is

Why? What have GSE done wrong? Or do you actually mean the owners.

GSE do not own Derby County Football Club.

How can this still not be grasped?

Very true. People arent thinking through what could happen if we did get our board gone, then they're planning to get the wrong people out.

Also frustrates me when Glick gets abuse for what Derby spend. He's a bloody PR man!

No, agree with Hucknall. Better the devil you know. A billionaire might want to buy us..... But these boys are hardly small time are they.

Rich owners aren't all like Mansour

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know, lets get rid of GSE, replace them with a dcfc fan group of about 20,000 people all investing £500 (£10,000,000 total) every year towards covering debts, and still have no money to sign players..... The board cover £7m(?) losses every year, if we didn't haev a debt, they'd be buying proven players all the time, unfortunately we are in debt.

I'm supposed to feel grateful for an administration that invested and speculated in order to make a lot of money out of DCFC? It turns out they failed and their choice is sell at a loss or plug the losses each year and hope for a miracle.

They're businessmen that failed on the quick buck return, end of. This is the result. I ain't thanking them for it.

I just see a regime that wants its money back but doesn't know how. I blame them for not really understanding English football, hardly anybody makes a profit. They're trying to start a revolution of how our game is managed and we are the guinea pig. I welcome FFP but am concerned our club champions it more than most simply because appetite for investment went with Paul Jewell. Our chances increase, in theory, if we reign others into our approach, hardly inspiring. We've been sold so much crap by GSE over their tenure and FFP is the latest. The only pattern is decreasing expectation upon each new directive, to be expected when the opening pitch is "global brand". We've gone from that to "consolidation", its a total joke looking back.

Thanks StaffRam for saving me the trouble,you've covered most things.Whats left are some questions

that may remain until PG enlightens us.Look all this hasd been covered Ad Nauseum in the past.It was

never my intention to rake it all up again except when uninformed people choose to.If i have to try and

put the record straight i always will.

Incidently Hucknall there is absolutely no evidence that the LOG took a penny out of the club,more

liikely after jumping in to save us they may have realised they didn't have the money or the collective

will to take us any further.Everybody who loves this club should be grateful.They won't be back so who

will step up next time?

That doesn't mean you're bigger.. If that was the case then Newcastle and Sunderland are 2 of the 4 biggest clubs in England.. That's not true..

Also we're hardly a cash machine.. And we've bought players.. We bought Jacobs the other week. If GSE were that shoddy we'd sell all of our best players and buy no-one.. I seem to recall us making 10 signings last summer and we've already got the ball rolling this summer.

And get rid of them before it's too late? What exactly is 'too late'? Bankruptancy and placed in the 9th division? Even if we go down, which there is a chance of that happening, it's not the end of the world.

Why are you forever telling everyone that we are a small club and the number of supporters don't matter?

It might not matter to you watching it on your telly but it matters to us at the games.

Are any other clubs taking this FFP as seriously as us? It doesn't look like it to me from where i'm sitting

I have several friends supporting different English teams and their teams don't sweat about FFP.

I have several friends supporting different English teams and their teams don't sweat about FFP.

I don't think there is anything to sweat about with FFP rules, it's just nice to have a club that isn't in danger of doing a Portsmouth. Didn't I read somewhere that you might be banned from Europe. It would be FAR more effective, if you would be banned from promotion unless you abide by FFP, or for Premiership clubs to be given 'x' years to comply before being relegated/docked points immediately.

Edit: But, you get to spend generated income, so Man City owners could 'sponser' the shirt for a fee of £1b, and get around it that way.

Probably because Gadsby & co. didn't have to plough as much money in to clear their own mess. GSE got off to a terrible start with the January transfer splurge that they've then spent the following years financing the cleardown of. Mediocre players signed on huge wages that we've largely had to pay off just to get them off the wagebill.

The LOG - modest investment which paved the way for promotion, and subsequent parachute payments to help improve the financial situation further.

What was the outstanding debt when the LOG took over?

What was the outstanding debt when they handed the club over to GSE?

How many parachute payments were left to be received from the LOG reign?

What's the outstanding debt now?

Gadby and Co. certainly had their problems, but let's not try and re-write history. They ousted the three amigos, got us promotion, and massively improved the debt situation before they sold up to GSE. If anything, their largest failing was in not doing their homework properly on our current owners. Whilst they have the financial means to have us competing, they were scared off after disastrous displays of them not understanding English football - they underestimated how hard the championship is to get out of, and they massively overestimated the talents and abilities of p0rnstar Jewell.

Gadsby & co also bought Pride Park back into Rams ownership from a dodgy Panamanian company and got us promoted in their first season. Even though it went pear shaped they achieved more in one season than this lot will do in a lifetime of owning our club.

LOG were not perfect but in my view they were better than this current shambles. As I have said previously, what this board has done to fans like me is wear me down to a point where I just don't want to invest any more cash in the club. I don't trust or believe anything the board say, I don't give a toss about new screens, Pride Park Plaza or what the new Kappa kit looks like. Everything about the club seems dull and plodding, as though we have resigned ourselves to future mediocrity at all levels, including on the pitch. I am only interested in one thing; being able to watch a decent exciting team that for a club of this size and support is able to compete with the best this division has to offer. Instead all I see is us selling one of our best players to a nothing club and our parochial manager building a squad which lacks the quality and depth to compete at a level we should be striving for.

I like reading all your stuff B4, but we've been here before mate.

It's not gonna happen, the only money we'll ever have to spend on players is the cash Cloughie earns on the pitch or through sales. I can't see us paying anything above £1.5M for any player until we get into the Premiership with the good set of lads that we have now.

So save your bed sheet and the paint, get up to Field Mill on the 25th and cheer on the lads because they're the only hope we have of getting anywhere.

This forum is very much a snap shot of life in general and many instances of life, whether its politics, the press, the weather or just if your glass is half full or half empty, everybody has a different opinion and a different outlook to some its black and others its white, one thing is certain though we are all Derby and that makes us unique we are black AND we are white !!

This whole ongoing debate about whether the board are really behind us or not and is Nigel really the man or half the man his dad was can obviously be viewed from many points of view and a lot of them have been noted here, but it comes down to this.

Do the board invest millions of their hard earned dollars into the football club and go and wave the credit card around and buy a number of recognised players who have been around for a few seasons and are for sale at 1-2 million pounds in the hope that they can maintain the form shown in previous seasons and avoid injury and that every one of those players turn out to be a success and they will see a return on their money in forthcoming seasons.

How many signings turn out to be successful not just with Derby but in football in general, in my opinion it is just this ethos that has ruined football, to many players are vastly over valued and to much money is wasted by all clubs on over priced underperforming players who once they are in they are very hard to get out, ( I could name a thousand footballers hers but don’t have the time)

the life span of a successful footballer is very short, many have one good season and get a career out of that, unless they are a world class player who would cost many millions and can do it year after year but even they only last for five or six seasons.

Once the money is spent there is no going back, how many people on this forum would buy a formula one car to go to work in ?? spend a million pounds on it, fill it up with petrol every couple miles, try to maintain it, try to start it in the rain, keep it on the drive, buy new tyres for it, get it insured and add business mileage, after a year it would be sitting there, the novelty would have rubbed off, nobody wants to buy it off you cos its knackered, it wasn’t quite the dream you had in mind but you are now stuck with it until it falls to pieces of the guy down the road will give you a few quid for it to put you out of your misery.

How many people were cheering when fabrizio ravenelli trotted out in a rams shirt, how many of those same people were still cheering six years later when we were still paying for him and he was long gone.

That’s what it can be like for a football team, is it not better to spread the money out, look for new talent, something that can be nurtured, get the best out of it or at least some of the early potential and then sell them on for a profit, try and build a club on solid foundations instead of sand, yes we will get upset when our better players leave but lets have some belief in the youth system, it is starting to look very promising, if we can get a steady flow of young players coming in year after year at very little cost wont that be exiting ? better than watching over the hill hasbeens taking more money than they deserve for very little effort as they are at the twilight of their career.

It will take a long time to achieve real success but I bet Rangers, Portsmouth, Charlton, Middlesbrough, Port Vale, Plymouth, crystal palace, Chester, Stockport Rotherham , Luton, Dirty Leeds, Bradford, Wimbledon and fester wish they had planned a bit more carefully and not been so keen to get the credit card out as it was a long way back for the ones that survived receivership and some didnt.

The glass isn’t always half empty, lets get behind what is being done at derby county as we are breaking the mould and trying to do things differently, do you really thing these multi millionaires are interested in making the very few million quid they will achieve from DCFC, I would guess that they make a lot more money from the things that made them multi millionaires than running a football club, they are successful businessmen trying to bring new ideas and a change to a very tired business model that is on the verge of collapse ( and by that I mean football in general) everything is propped up by debt at the moment in most of football and we have seen what has happened with everything else propped up by debt, banks, countries, governments nothing is to big to fail so be careful for what you wish for, dance with the devil and you dance to his tune !!

Or a Reading, Southampton, Swansea, Stoke, West Brom....... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Last season Reading and Southampton were both financed by selling off their best players (something that is apparently tantamount to treason on these boards), Swansea and Stoke both more or less lived within their means like we are (they certainly didn't get promoted off the back of massive spending sprees) and West Brom are managed sensibly and any spending is again fianced by parachute payments and selling players.

Surely better than the c£50m that they inherited?

Plus how much of the new debt was leveraged against the future Premier League earnings?

Yep, but almost doubled what was left in one season

Leveraging debt in future income is great, that's why I'm not concerned about the revolving loan that secured on season ticket sales.

Archived