Time to act against GSE is now - Hi-yah!!

B4ev6is

Last season Reading and Southampton were both financed by selling off their best players (something that is apparently tantamount to treason on these boards), Swansea and Stoke both more or less lived within their means like we are (they certainly didn't get promoted off the back of massive spending sprees) and West Brom are managed sensibly and any spending is again fianced by parachute payments and selling players.

Reading and Southampton sold their best players for an amount that would let them add to the side, that is a bit different to selling Shackell for 1.1M, they kept their core of the side and built upon this. West Brom, Swansea and Stoke, they all had squads that they could manage within, this is different to working within a wage budget that means that you have to move players on within a year, for little or no profit.

Of course it also helps if you have a good manager than can get the best out of the players that are at the club and motivate them to play to their highest level, and Im not saying that NC cant.....

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

big clud, small club, ******* golf club all means nothing derby county are my club and right or wrong blind faith or whatever other nonsense some one will try and shoot me down with i aint interested in anything other than my football club so i for one will follow them like i have in division ******* three if thats where we end up playing this board will come and go as will the players but we will always be dcfc.

so i for one will keep the faith in clough and the board.

Yes we are, us proper fans (not cyber warriors) measure the size of the club on support not how many times we're on Sky Sports Brazil with Man U and Barcelona, so get down off your high horse

So Derby are a bigger club than Deportivo La Caruna, Villareal, Malaga, Espanol, Rennais, Genoa, Fiorenina, Palermo, Juventus and Lazio then?

And West Ham are a bigger club than Roma and Juventus?

And Sunderland are a bigger club than Atletico Madrid, Bilboa, Sevilla and Liverpool?

So Derby are a bigger club than Deportivo La Caruna, Villareal, Malaga, Espanol, Rennais, Genoa, Fiorenina, Palermo, Juventus and Lazio then?

And West Ham are a bigger club than Roma and Juventus?

And Sunderland are a bigger club than Atletico Madrid, Bilboa, Sevilla and Liverpool?

What defines big?

What defines big?

A big club is a club that players would most likely choose as a way of getting the best out of their own careers.. Big clbs are the ones with potential, ones that have been playing regularly at the top and ones that are known all around the world because of the star players and managers they've had..

I've mentioned this a million times but Deportivo only pulled in around 20,000 fans.. Yet they were enjoying top finishes in La Liga, playing regularly in the CL and have amazing players play for them.. They're known worldwide..

I've rarely met a single person outside of England who has heard of Derby County, Sheff Wednesday, Sheff United, Leicester, Wolves etc.. Why? Because they're not big clubs.. When was the last time Derby had an interaction with a top club? Eranio a freetransfer from AC Milan when he was leaving? A big club can go out and buy PSVs better players, a big club can buy Sporting Lisbons best player, a big club can buy Fiorentinas best player, a big club regularly plays in Europe..

Derby are not a big club..

A big club is a club that players would most likely choose as a way of getting the best out of their own careers.. Big clbs are the ones with potential, ones that have been playing regularly at the top and ones that are known all around the world because of the star players and managers they've had..

I've mentioned this a million times but Deportivo only pulled in around 20,000 fans.. Yet they were enjoying top finishes in La Liga, playing regularly in the CL and have amazing players play for them.. They're known worldwide..

I've rarely met a single person outside of England who has heard of Derby County, Sheff Wednesday, Sheff United, Leicester, Wolves etc.. Why? Because they're not big clubs.. When was the last time Derby had an interaction with a top club? Eranio a freetransfer from AC Milan when he was leaving? A big club can go out and buy PSVs better players, a big club can buy Sporting Lisbons best player, a big club can buy Fiorentinas best player, a big club regularly plays in Europe..

Derby are not a big club..

Taribo West was a big name?

Anyhow, I digress. Derby are a big team to me, as they are not to you.

Archived