Time to act against GSE is now - Hi-yah!!

B4ev6is

Forest fans may be fickle but I'd say their support is more passionate than our own.

That's not the point though, there are lots of owners an they all have their own motives. Whilst i'm not happy about the lack of investment at this current time I can't help but think how stable we seem to becoming as a football club and more of a better set up off the pitch (to stand us in good stead when we do get new owners?). The thing I notice most though is that we are achieving the same or better (bar the 2 PO seasons) on the pitch than we have for the majority of the recent past despite this lack of investment. We invested after our relegation and finished worse off than we did last season.

For now I'm contempt with things, could all easily go pete tongue though. It'll be interesting if this FInancial Fair Play does go the way they plan it to, hopefully we will reap the rewards when the time comes. Won't hold my breath though.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On paper, GSE's approach of making the club self-sustaining is a good one.

Sadly, no other fooker is playing by the same rules so it just puts us at a massive disadvantage.

If GSE go, I'd want to know who was coming in first. Surely we, more than anyone, should be wary of the pitfalls of shady owners. We've had our fair share afterall....

yes we are bigger fan base than them

more passionate supports than them

better training ground than them

yes we are bigger fan base than them

more passionate supports than them

better training ground than them

That doesn't mean you're bigger.. If that was the case then Newcastle and Sunderland are 2 of the 4 biggest clubs in England.. That's not true..

Also we're hardly a cash machine.. And we've bought players.. We bought Jacobs the other week. If GSE were that shoddy we'd sell all of our best players and buy no-one.. I seem to recall us making 10 signings last summer and we've already got the ball rolling this summer.

And get rid of them before it's too late? What exactly is 'too late'? Bankruptancy and placed in the 9th division? Even if we go down, which there is a chance of that happening, it's not the end of the world.

This Shackell sale is a PR disaster for the current board. Its a mess. They are staying out of the media, following their brief statement. This must be one of the lowest points of their tenure for popularity. They know they are losing Glick, who has smoothed over other periods when they have been on the rocks, such as when Hulse and Commons were sold. He is a massive loss for them. If this had happened during the season with matches being played there would have been spontanious protests by now. A substantial number of the fanbase are angry. The DCFC board have got a few more weeks of Glick and then he will be off. Rudderless ship! Appleby' s comments about us being a top six side or something, shows how he is totally out of touch.

as much as i dont like the lack of ambition shown by our american friends , does everyone have the impression that a multi billionaire will come in and buy us !!! , doesnt work like that ,, if GSE goes we will only be left with Gadsby ,, no shiekhs , no bill gates ,,,, Gadsby !!!

There is nothing to "Milk", if there was the septics would have taken it by now , and vamoosed down the Oregon Trail.

That's good. At first I thought "septics" was a mis-spelling of sceptics, then I got the rhyming slang! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> Now I'll just mosey on down to the old saloon,

CLOUGH IN BOARD OUT! (BORED RIGID)

I know, lets get rid of GSE, replace them with a dcfc fan group of about 20,000 people all investing £500 (£10,000,000 total) every year towards covering debts, and still have no money to sign players..... The board cover £7m(?) losses every year, if we didn't haev a debt, they'd be buying proven players all the time, unfortunately we are in debt.

And Steve, you'll regularly see people confuse septic (septic tank / yank) for sceptics, it happens every time it's used, I think the people who use it think they are being really clever. It's much more annoying than Yanks or Manure etc.

as much as i dont like the lack of ambition shown by our american friends , does everyone have the impression that a multi billionaire will come in and buy us !!! , doesnt work like that ,, if GSE goes we will only be left with Gadsby ,, no shiekhs , no bill gates ,,,, Gadsby !!!

That Barsteward?whats he ever done for us?well obviously chased off the 3 amigos.But apart from that er..well cleared

all our debt.So apart from rescuing us clearing debt and investing money whats he ever done?Got us promotion obviously

but thats all.

That Barsteward?whats he ever done for us?well obviously chased off the 3 amigos.But apart from that er..well cleared

all our debt.So apart from rescuing us clearing debt and investing money whats he ever done?Got us promotion obviously

but thats all.

I quite like this sketch too!

I know, lets get rid of GSE, replace them with a dcfc fan group of about 20,000 people all investing £500 (£10,000,000 total) every year towards covering debts, and still have no money to sign players..... The board cover £7m(?) losses every year, if we didn't haev a debt, they'd be buying proven players all the time, unfortunately we are in debt.

And Steve, you'll regularly see people confuse septic (septic tank / yank) for sceptics, it happens every time it's used, I think the people who use it think they are being really clever. It's much more annoying than Yanks or Manure etc.

Do they cover that loss, Im sure you know the facts better than I do, but I thought the cash loss was less, and it has been put in as a loan, but Im sure you will tell me im wrong ?

Thanks Trekkie, I bet you hear us Brits (cor blimey it's a limey etc) get called an awful lot worse.

Hope you're keeping well.

We'll be thinking of you so keep in touch. COYR!

Do they cover that loss, Im sure you know the facts better than I do, but I thought the cash loss was less, and it has been put in as a loan, but Im sure you will tell me im wrong ?

As always I'm sure ramblur will confirm any financial questions but as I understand it the owners have pumped in c.£16m pounds of cash to cover losses, plus an additional X (c.£2m?) that was the interest-free loan (Doughty style?).

[That's just what I'm remembering what was said off the top of my head, I didn't really go through the latest accounts myself.]

Gadsby also invested far less in his time here (along with the 5 other owners) than GSE have done, if Gadsby came back in we would be in a far worse position than we are now.

Probably because Gadsby & co. didn't have to plough as much money in to clear their own mess. GSE got off to a terrible start with the January transfer splurge that they've then spent the following years financing the cleardown of. Mediocre players signed on huge wages that we've largely had to pay off just to get them off the wagebill.

The LOG - modest investment which paved the way for promotion, and subsequent parachute payments to help improve the financial situation further.

What was the outstanding debt when the LOG took over?

What was the outstanding debt when they handed the club over to GSE?

How many parachute payments were left to be received from the LOG reign?

What's the outstanding debt now?

Gadby and Co. certainly had their problems, but let's not try and re-write history. They ousted the three amigos, got us promotion, and massively improved the debt situation before they sold up to GSE. If anything, their largest failing was in not doing their homework properly on our current owners. Whilst they have the financial means to have us competing, they were scared off after disastrous displays of them not understanding English football - they underestimated how hard the championship is to get out of, and they massively overestimated the talents and abilities of p0rnstar Jewell.

Archived