Conor Sammon

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that impressive really - 14 last season and 11 the season before (mostly league 1)

Not much much better than we already have (if Davies stays)

and people are saying theos 12 is good, he was at two different clubs and managed to score 2 more.

not much better? no probably not, but a different option. fielding is hardly the sweeper keeper playing it out from the back. we need a point of attack and at 6.ft3 he would be.

Billy Sharp...

Can't imagine he's gonna be first choice at Southampton...

http://karlmac.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196

He should be the one that can't be mentioned - got a headache from all the post saying he should be signed last season. He was brought for the premiership - wages would be massive and there would be about 14 better suited clubs that'd be first in line.

For a striker we need to make a shrewd signing - whoever we get isn't going to have a good record so just give them time!

and people are saying theos 12 is good, he was at two different clubs and managed to score 2 more.

not much better? no probably not, but a different option. fielding is hardly the sweeper keeper playing it out from the back. we need a point of attack and at 6.ft3 he would be.

If all we wanted was a big lad up top we would have kept Ball... we need goals...

He should be the one that can't be mentioned - got a headache from all the post saying he should be signed last season. He was brought for the premiership - wages would be massive and there would be about 14 better suited clubs that'd be first in line.

For a striker we need to make a shrewd signing - whoever we get isn't going to have a good record so just give them time!

If they sign another striker then Sharp might not make their 25 this season... at which point they're gonna want to get him some football in case they pick up injuries for Jan... and he's gonna want some football so could get him on loan and only pay portion of his wages...

If we're gonna talk about loan signings I'd rather get a proven goalscorer...

And before you all scoff I'm aware that's a lot of IF... but I'd put money on the Saints signing another forward before the end of August...

If all we wanted was a big lad up top we would have kept Ball... we need goals...

If they sign another striker then Sharp might not make their 25 this season... at which point they're gonna want to get him some football in case they pick up injuries for Jan... and he's gonna want some football so could get him on loan and only pay portion of his wages...

If we're gonna talk about loan signings I'd rather get a proven goalscorer...

And before you all scoff I'm aware that's a lot of IF... but I'd put money on the Saints signing another forward before the end of August...

He was signed in January when they were top, he was signed for Premiership football... if he doesn't make their 25 I will eat my hat!

Everyone would like a proven goalscorer - noone is saying we could get a proven goalscorer, but we'd rather gamble on a player. We just have to be sensible with what we can bring in, whoever we bring in is going to have a poor record but we need to get the best out of them players.

I personally think we need someone strong who can perhaps be a vocal point, and put himself about abit.

Especially now Ball has gone for the season and Steve Davies might be going.

Whilst the likes of Mackie and Sharp are quality, they both play best of a bigger man, and we dont have that bigger man at the moment.

Players like Theo and dare I say Ward might do well up top if they had that stronger prescence to play off.

think we should really try and get chris wood in, his goal scoring record is pretty impressive considering he is only 20. big lad at 6 ft 3. and is exactly the type of player which would fit into out 'young and exciting' squad.

I'd love him here, too, but he's far too valuable where he is. Of the names I've seen listed on here,Vokes is about all we could afford. Maynard and Sharp will go for seven figures and we can't afford that (unless you count pence!)

Archived