Conor Sammon

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In some ways I think its better when people don't even bother saying they had a source, at best it'll get people pestering you if you're right and at worst they'll call you out on the supposed "source" if you're wrong. May as well just say; "I divined from water that we've bid for Sammon, hopefully I find out more later if the Universe is aligned properly."

Just been told we've made a bid for Sammon. Not sure whether it's been rejected or accepted by Wigan though. From the same source that told me Ball was the makeweight in the Keogh deal.

To buy or to loan? Just wondering of that was why he says he would stick it out at Wigan looking for the security of a permanent move?

Just been told we've made a bid for Sammon. Not sure whether it's been rejected or accepted by Wigan though. From the same source that told me Ball was the makeweight in the Keogh deal.

Couldn't really see this happening until the S.Davies deal has gone through, especially if it is a transfer bid and not a loan.

The reason I stated I had a source albert was because that source was bang on last time, as chewbacca says it would have been a very good guess regarding ball, so maybe people will take notice and not just think it's another rumour someone's heard down the pub.

The bid is to buy, not loan, which he was surprised at as he thought we would have to sell to buy i.e. s.Davies as Tehrossens says but it has coincided with the visit by the owners, maybe a little fresh investment? The interview with Sammon reveals very little, he doesn't rule out or talk up a transfer to Derby, just he'll get his head down and work, business as usual really.

Sammon has spoken to Clough and was shown round Moor Farm etc a couple of weeks ago, but the bid was made earlier this week.

The reason I stated I had a source albert was because that source was bang on last time, as chewbacca says it would have been a very good guess regarding ball, so maybe people will take notice and not just think it's another rumour someone's heard down the pub.

The bid is to buy, not loan, which he was surprised at as he thought we would have to sell to buy i.e. s.Davies as Tehrossens says but it has coincided with the visit by the owners, maybe a little fresh investment? The interview with Sammon reveals very little, he doesn't rule out or talk up a transfer to Derby, just he'll get his head down and work, business as usual really.

Sammon has spoken to Clough and was shown round Moor Farm etc a couple of weeks ago, but the bid was made earlier this week.

To be fair, it's only a bid, it's not like you're saying he's definitely going to sign or anything like that. It could yet be turned down by either Sammon or Wigan, so we'll just have to see.

I agree with Dyycheeee, couldn't we get someone better? I was excited at the prospect of signing one of the Olympic players, but I guess we're only 'scouting' in that area.

You seem reliable so i have no reason to not to believe you. I would think we could get a better striker than him though.

I would be fairly happy with Sammon, not going to be on daft wages and has been team-mates with Bryson in the past and we've been interested in the past.

I haven't watched much of him, but, he got a move to the premiership in the first place and hasn't been sat in the reserves. I don't think we can make any kind of judgement before he plays a couple games!

In some ways I think its better when people don't even bother saying they had a source, at best it'll get people pestering you if you're right and at worst they'll call you out on the supposed "source" if you're wrong. May as well just say; "I divined from water that we've bid for Sammon, hopefully I find out more later if the Universe is aligned properly."

You'll read the made up posts on here often enough Albert that you'll start to appreciate when someone comes on who is reliable. Theres no need to push for his source if we believe he's genuine, we should just be glad that he comes on without giving it "the big I am" and posts what he hears.

it's pretty clear he was spot on last time, even with the timing of the deal.

Cheers Jerry and looking forward to hearing if he's coming for another look around soonish.

To be fair, it's only a bid, it's not like you're saying he's definitely going to sign or anything like that. It could yet be turned down by either Sammon or Wigan, so we'll just have to see.

I agree with Dyycheeee, couldn't we get someone better? I was excited at the prospect of signing one of the Olympic players, but I guess we're only 'scouting' in that area.

Yep, not saying we'll sign him, just we've made a bid. The bid was made earlier in the week apparently so it could have been rejected, but he hasn't been told anymore.

I actually think Sammon will be a good signing, there aren't that many cheap target men on low wages with prem experience around. He's not exactly set the world alight in the perm but we wouldn't be in the Market for him if he had.

I don't know the poster but i mentioned in the keogh thread last week that my own source told me that the signing of sammon would follow so i believe that sonething may happen soon. My source also told me about keogh back in April which I posted in the shackell thread.

No reason to lie just keeping fans in the know.

Yep, not saying we'll sign him, just we've made a bid. The bid was made earlier in the week apparently so it could have been rejected, but he hasn't been told anymore.

I actually think Sammon will be a good signing, there aren't that many cheap target men on low wages with prem experience around. He's not exactly set the world alight in the perm but we wouldn't be in the Market for him if he had.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2422/3777084698_a7ef4bf328

I would be very happy with him. Big target man, something we lack.

Why do people keep saying this, he's 5'10" according to Wigan...

Also, sorry JerryTeac if my comments seemed like criticism of you, its more just a general thing. If I had a source I'd just throw out one liners without any context rather than put myself out there, as we all know things can change quickly in football and even if we have bid for him to join permanently, it may never actually see the light of day.

Archived