Ryan Noble

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great. I am sure he is a good prospect and all but we are winning games, Ball doesn't deserve to be dropped and neither does Theo. Add to that the disruption of Tyson and Davies returning from injury then the side begins to look much less settled. Strange decision this- especially when we need defenders as cover

Weird one this. I suppose logic suggests:

*Cover for Ball and Robinson as Tyson and Davies are unlikely to play much this month

*Replace Paul Green on the right as Greenie is being sold or just to inject some much-needed pace there

*Replace Maguire as he's being moved on

If he can play down the right like Ward has down the left would double our attacking threat as Cloughie says in the DET today Ward has been our (only) creative spark and the players are essentially instructed to get the ball out to Ward. I would assume MON and Cloughie are good mates and perhaps he is doing us a favour and as noted Noble has been here before so knows the ropes. Could be a great deal if he fits and it turns into a permanent...

At first I thought it odd too as I agree, it's the full backs we need cover for.

On reflection howver, look at our recent results. 1-0, 1-0, 1-0.

Yes the defence is shored up but we're simply not scoring enough goals. Despite being 8th, we still have a negative goal difference, unlike the teams around us.

If signing Noble means scoring 2 or even 3 in a game then it makes sense.

He has scored 13 goals in 6 starts and 2 subs for Sunderland ressies this season. Not to be sniffed at.

Looking on their forums again, they are very complimentary about us bless em!

[size=3]"Good club, decent sized crowds and good fans, which will benefit the lad.[/size]

[size=3]Looks a perfect move to me, hope it goes well."[/size]

[size=3]One of the mods on their sites says nice things too- also makes the point that we probably got him over the other clubs because of MON's link with the cloughs[/size][size=3] [/size]

I think there has to be a permanent deal in place somewhere, why sign a striker on loan for a month when we have 5 or 6 on the books as it is?

He has a brilliant record in the reserves, look fairly sharp when he played for us last in the limited amount of time he got on the pitch, but we cant hold that down as an accurate judge of a player!

So unless we have a deal in place for a permanent signing for the lad which would be good because he is a promising young player(going by statistics and reports) then I feel this could be a waste, would much rather bring on bennett than another prospect of another club!

Well Cloughie clearly likes him as this is the 2nd time he has brought him in. Perhaps he wants a good look at him in training to see how he would fit in before taking the plunge. What is Noble's contract status with Sunderland? How much do you think the fee might be?

Archived