Ryan Noble

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Cloughie clearly likes him as this is the 2nd time he has brought him in. Perhaps he wants a good look at him in training to see how he would fit in before taking the plunge. What is Noble's contract status with Sunderland? How much do you think the fee might be?

no fact here but i think that we could get him for 700k plus add ons

I assumed that, i really cannot see why we've gone for him unless it was bang on certainty we would sign him full time... I'd be surprised with anything otherwise, both Davies and Tyson are coming back, with Theo, Ball, Bennett, Maguire, Cwyka and at a push Ward. I don't think we are particularly lacking, to get him on a permanent deal from what I heard would be very good though, apparently a natural finisher but problems with attitude, which has arguably kept maguire from making an impact!

Think this signing furthers my belief that Clough wants to play 4-2-3-1 when he's got the players to do it.

Why when we have more forwards than any time under his management and we have pretty much played 442 all season. I can't see ball, Davies, Tyson, noble and theo all for one spot yet we have 3 centre maybe 4 centre miss in the squad

Happy with this if it's confirmed. I'd resigned myself to no fresh faces in.

If it's true he's been playing on the right for sunderland reserves and he's STILL at better than a goal a game, then he really is an exciting prospect.

him and Brayford down the right "could" be mouth watering.

Then there's option two, a straight swap for Theo, for those times where he's ran himself into the ground or for when he's not quite at the top of his game. We'd have pace to burn.

Another plus point is he does no harm at all to the youthful average age of the team. Him and Callum up front. Combined age of 39!!

I can't see anything wrong with this at all, if he settles into the squad it could be the boost we need to stay around the top 6.

Why when we have more forwards than any time under his management and we have pretty much played 442 all season. I can't see ball, Davies, Tyson, noble and theo all for one spot yet we have 3 centre maybe 4 centre miss in the squad

We've played 4-2-3-1 even a couple of times this season. We have no wide players and players like Ward, Noble, Tyson and Davies can play behind the main striker.

I don,t see the point of this one!!!! We need cover at RB and CH are a little thin on the ground!!!

The likes of Maguire & Cwyka must be on their way out on loan etc.....

In Clough we trust!!!!!!!!!!!!

cywkas on his way out totally....maguire hasnt shown enough.... people want better quality players in... we can only afford cheap...and who says we havent got a cb line up even though clough said last week its really hard to temp a loan player in if they are only going to fit in as cover... whats the grumble?

cywkas on his way out totally....maguire hasnt shown enough.... people want better quality players in... we can only afford cheap...and who says we havent got a cb line up even though clough said last week its really hard to temp a loan player in if they are only going to fit in as cover... whats the grumble?

I really think (hope) Addison will be coming back at the end of January. He is only on loan with Barnsley till then end of Jan baring in mind we play them on the 31.1.12 so his last game will be the weekend before.

Having said that if he stops at Barnsley with an emergency recall to cover injuries I would let him stop there and continue rehab.

We have Buxton for short term on match days to cover. Addison could then come back and take over CB role since OB is injured.

Naylor apparently progressing well so another option.

Davies and Tyson are injured and injury prone. Noble can play wide right we are short of creativity on that side as Ben Davies hasnt trellay played well after the fiirst few games. Or he could play in the middle if Theo is rested and Davies or Tyson are not in it.

We need attacking options even if only on the bench.

Green is another option on the right , but we could play him RB if Brayford is injured; as you say we need cover for RB .

Archived