Peterborough United v Derby County

froggg

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was it Clough who launched a bottle of water across the pitch when they scored?

I don’t think Clough has to impress himself with his own attitude and behaviour in the technical area to remain manager. But if you email TG and complain then maybe he’ll dock him a fiver.

Player ratings from me...

Fielding - 4 - could of done better with all the goals, especially the 2nd and kicking was poor.

Buxton - 6 - thought he did alright, not brilliant but got no protection against a quick winger, and still managed to compete with him.

Shackell - 5 - worst one out of our defence today, similar performance to what he put in on Wednesday.

O'Brien - 6 - Did well, clearly missed him.

Roberts - 6 - Did well at the back but no confidence in himself going forward left me frustrated.

Ward - 7 - first half he was magnificent, second half he tired but still showed moments of class.

Bryson - 6 - Ran around linked up play nicely but wasn't overally threatening.

Hendrick - 5 - didn't really put much in looked a passenger at times

Doyle - 1 - right, where to start. The worst performance of anyone this season, by a long way, he didn't seem to want the ball, wasn't confident enough to do anything with the ball an think every time he touched the ball he lost the ball, in a lot of positions that put us heavily on the back foot, his positional sense was of someone who didn't know the game and at 2-0 should of made way for Kilbane and gone 5 at the back to see out the win, really really REALLY poor performance, feel sorry for him because he must be showing something in training, but just not confident enough to do it in a game, well not yet anyway.. very much a confidence issue, looks like a rabbit in the headlights.

Robinson - 8 - unlucky with that shot but his touch was unbelievable to get in that position, won't be too critical because he was genuinely good today, looked a threat.

Ben Davies - 6 - looked tidy again, put good balls in but didn't fall right for the players... unlucky.

Ball - 5 - for a big lad, he doesn't win headers and his game is very static and immobile, I can see why Clough is reluctant to put him in, got to show more.

Bennett - 6 - came on an looked strong, quick and sharp but didn't make much impact.

Andrew Davies - n/a - did he even touch the ball, looked quite good in warm up though.

Player ratings from me...

Fielding - 4 - could of done better with all the goals, especially the 2nd and kicking was poor.

Buxton - 6 - thought he did alright, not brilliant but got no protection against a quick winger, and still managed to compete with him.

Shackell - 5 - worst one out of our defence today, similar performance to what he put in on Wednesday.

O'Brien - 6 - Did well, clearly missed him.

Roberts - 6 - Did well at the back but no confidence in himself going forward left me frustrated.

Ward - 7 - first half he was magnificent, second half he tired but still showed moments of class.

Bryson - 6 - Ran around linked up play nicely but wasn't overally threatening.

Hendrick - 5 - didn't really put much in looked a passenger at times

Doyle - 1 - right, where to start. The worst performance of anyone this season, by a long way, he didn't seem to want the ball, wasn't confident enough to do anything with the ball an think every time he touched the ball he lost the ball, in a lot of positions that put us heavily on the back foot, his positional sense was of someone who didn't know the game and at 2-0 should of made way for Kilbane and gone 5 at the back to see out the win, really really REALLY poor performance, feel sorry for him because he must be showing something in training, but just not confident enough to do it in a game, well not yet anyway.. very much a confidence issue, looks like a rabbit in the headlights.

Robinson - 8 - unlucky with that shot but his touch was unbelievable to get in that position, won't be too critical because he was genuinely good today, looked a threat.

Ben Davies - 6 - looked tidy again, put good balls in but didn't fall right for the players... unlucky.

Ball - 5 - for a big lad, he doesn't win headers and his game is very static and immobile, I can see why Clough is reluctant to put him in, got to show more.

Bennett - 6 - came on an looked strong, quick and sharp but didn't make much impact.

Andrew Davies - n/a - did he even touch the ball, looked quite good in warm up though.

Agree with most of that, although I thought O'Brien was poo as well.

I didn't even notice Hendrick was playing for the first twenty minutes.

Buxton was worse than a 6, was beaten for there 2nd goal and is far too slow, especially playing full back. Agree that Doyle didnt help matters, another crazy Nigel decision to play him.

Thought Roberts was our most solid defender today, and has done adequate every time i've seen him this season.

Said in the other thread that Bryson and Hendrick were non existant today, got outplayed by there central midfielders.

Agree with Ball, he'll never make it at this level.

Fielding making mistakes again, i raised concerns over him when he signed permanently, people were making out as if he was unbeatable. At fault for one of Cardiff's goals Wednesday and could have arguably done better with two of there's today. Kicking was atrocious and you can see why he never got a chance at Blackburn and a better club didnt take a punt on him, he's got plenty of mistakes in his locker.

Buxton was worse than a 6, was beaten for there 2nd goal and is far too slow, especially playing full back. Agree that Doyle didnt help matters, another crazy Nigel decision to play him.

Thought Roberts was our most solid defender today, and has done adequate every time i've seen him this season.

Said in the other thread that Bryson and Hendrick were non existant today, got outplayed by there central midfielders.

Agree with Ball, he'll never make it at this level.

Fielding making mistakes again, i raised concerns over him when he signed permanently, people were making out as if he was unbeatable. At fault for one of Cardiff's goals Wednesday and could have arguably done better with two of there's today. Kicking was atrocious and you can see why he never got a chance at Blackburn and a better club didnt take a punt on him, he's got plenty of mistakes in his locker.

I agree with you about Fielding, so far he has not even reached the standards of Bywater.

Saw the goals on The Championship. Never seen so many defenders in the box at one time and not stop a goal (first 2) from being scored.

Shocked me too.

Could see the first one clearly as it was down our end of the pitch, so many static bodies.

Didn't realise how poor defensively we were for our second, was right up the other end.

Shackell needs to find some form.

10 assists in 16 games. That's almost half of our goals he has set up. He's scored at least one.

I think for this reason he has been one of our key players this season, and offers more to the team than you suggest.

To be fair, Radio derby's commentary is that *****, Bris Vegas wouldn't be expected to know who scored the flippen goal, naymind who set the fecker up!

Archived