Peterborough United v Derby County

froggg

Let's hope in a couple of years' time we are congratulating Clough on his team of young stars. They have to start somewhere and let's face it, do we really think we are well-placed to get promotion this year? I know it's hard to swallow on days like today. I was buoyant and now feel cheated and I especially feel for those who travelled. However, let's remember the long game. Mason and Will may be too young right now, but they will learn enormously from the experience.

It's far better to have the youngsters in the camp than a group of has-been loanees.

We should be more worried about the established players than the youngsters. They are the ones who should be asking why we are easier to penetrate than an Essex girl on Lambrini.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do remember this was a Pwterborough missing 5 first team players, the way they dominated us was pretty worrying.

People bang on about defence, it our midfield where we lose games. Really is non exsistent sometimes.

There's so much you can blame injuries on, for me today we got over run again.

Do remember this was a Pwterborough missing 5 first team players, the way they dominated us was pretty worrying.

People bang on about defence, it our midfield where we lose games. Really is non exsistent sometimes.

Probably because B.Davies offers nothing in open play, and his set peices aren't even that good..

Bryson also goes missing and never looks to recieve a pass.. We miss Bailey

Probably because B.Davies offers nothing in open play, and his set peices aren't even that good..

10 assists in 16 games. That's almost half of our goals he has set up. He's scored at least one.

I think for this reason he has been one of our key players this season, and offers more to the team than you suggest.

Yes. When the full squad's available our defense looks good and we’re probably able to make do and mend up front (just about). But we’re sorely missing a more experienced player (DM) who can put his foot on the ball and direct traffic.

We’ll probably need to bring someone in for ‘Barker type fee’ at some point.

Deeney; Brayford, Barker, Riggott, Anderson; Croft, Green, Bailey; S.Davies, Tyson.

Ok, only ten players, and that including Deeney. But the other nine would be in and around the match day squad.

It's not an excuse, it's a reason, to some extent at least.

You talk about loans, and I agree... but my suspicion is Clough's hands are tied.

deeney, anderson, riggott ( who in his current stint with the club hasn't played thus far) croft and tyson shouldn't be missed these are average at best (except riggott who is always injured) and don't add much to the team in my opinion, and would green start? he has been average for a long time.

Let's hope in a couple of years' time we are congratulating Clough on his team of young stars. They have to start somewhere and let's face it, do we really think we are well-placed to get promotion this year? I know it's hard to swallow on days like today. I was buoyant and now feel cheated and I especially feel for those who travelled. However, let's remember the long game. Mason and Will may be too young right now, but they will learn enormously from the experience.

It's far better to have the youngsters in the camp than a group of has-been loanees.

We should be more worried about the established players than the youngsters. They are the ones who should be asking why we are easier to penetrate than an Essex girl on Lambrini.

mason will be most likely gone by the end of the season, same with the other lad who came on if he is great. When premier league clubs sniff we won't hold on to them unless we are in the top division.

I really, really don't want to say this...

But I'm furious with Clough today.

At 2-2 we brought on the three most inexperienced players on our bench. They might not have contributed to the downfall, but a different set of substitutions (and putting Cwyka and Maguire in the squad) could have resulted in a win rather than a defeat.

I really strongly believe in giving the youngsters experience, it's the only way they'll learn. But in a game like this, when we're in a bad patch, and the game could go either way, I think he made some big mistakes today. If we were two nil up with ten minutes left, or getting well beaten, then do it. But not when it's so tight.

He's been here long enough to know there are plenty of boo boys at Derby, and it takes very little for them to start getting on the player's and manager's back. This was an open invitiation to get them going again.

mason will be most likely gone by the end of the season, same with the other lad who came on if he is great. When premier league clubs sniff we won't hold on to them unless we are in the top division.

im not having this "mason is being looked at by prem clubs" nonsense.he hasnt played enough and hasnt proved enough.He may be a cracking prospect but lets keep our feet on the floor about it.It isnt as if our manager has great insight.he will play the tea lady if she is cheap enough,after first checking if Cywka can make tea.

todays substitutions were ridiculous.

cant agree with that...he's 15....he goes to school....darren wassal is practically hi father...he int going anywhere for a couple of seasons

I really, really don't want to say this...

But I'm furious with Clough today.

At 2-2 we brought on the three most inexperienced players on our bench. They might not have contributed to the downfall, but a different set of substitutions (and putting Cwyka and Maguire in the squad) could have resulted in a win rather than a defeat.

I really strongly believe in giving the youngsters experience, it's the only way they'll learn. But in a game like this, when we're in a bad patch, and the game could go either way, I think he made some big mistakes today. If we were two nil up with ten minutes left, or getting well beaten, then do it. But not when it's so tight.

He's been here long enough to know there are plenty of boo boys at Derby, and it takes very little for them to start getting on the player's and manager's back. This was an open invitiation to get them going again.

does sound like a mistake today but....he's a young manager and all.

I rate Clough highly and think he's done a great job with very limited resources. I was delighted he signed a new contract. But why oh why does he keep picking Doyle ahead of Cywka? I can't help but think we could and should have won today. We've got so many players out but he didn't even use a good fit player (Cywka) in the 16? And Doyle is frankly ****. Very disappointed today.

Would Ben Davies have been a bad choice at RB, with Cywka filling in Ben's normal place?

Very good shout. Or Lee Croft.

To be honest, I didn't think Buxton did much wrong today, he just had absolutely no protection from Doyle - I think after today, that could be it for him at Derby.

Clough is expecting Brayford, Barker, Green, and Croft to be fit for the next game against Hull.

Hopefully we'll soon be past the worst of the injury crisis.

How many times have we heard players are going to be back and it doesn't happen, believe these players are back when you see them on the pitch.

Archived