Peterborough United v Derby County

froggg

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really, really don't want to say this...

But I'm furious with Clough today.

At 2-2 we brought on the three most inexperienced players on our bench. They might not have contributed to the downfall, but a different set of substitutions (and putting Cwyka and Maguire in the squad) could have resulted in a win rather than a defeat.

I really strongly believe in giving the youngsters experience, it's the only way they'll learn. But in a game like this, when we're in a bad patch, and the game could go either way, I think he made some big mistakes today. If we were two nil up with ten minutes left, or getting well beaten, then do it. But not when it's so tight.

He's been here long enough to know there are plenty of boo boys at Derby, and it takes very little for them to start getting on the player's and manager's back. This was an open invitiation to get them going again.

I can imagine hoe Cwyka and McGuire must feel when 15 and 16 year olds are picked ahead of them. There is nothing worse for a player than when inferior players are picked ahead of you.

It makes no sense other than been a personality clash between these players and the manager.

Nah, Clough must agree with all the penny pinching, or why sign up for another three and a half years?.

He must know the financial situation, basically it seems we are skint and it would be a surprise to me if the Yanks have not reigned back the financial input that has kept the club afloat the last 3 years.

If he has issues with the funds available I'd have more respect for him if he at least hinted at it. If he's being limited but he's staying quiet in order to save his own arse, I'd be very disappointed in him.

I'm prepared to believe him when he says he doesn't want to look for loans at the moment.

I can imagine hoe Cwyka and McGuire must feel when 15 and 16 year olds are picked ahead of them. There is nothing worse for a player than when inferior players are picked ahead of you.

It makes no sense other than been a personality clash between these players and the manager.

Yes. there must be at least two separate personality clashes going on. There can't be any other explanation.

Im sure conor doyle is a nice lad an all that, but im sorry no way on planet earth is he a championship player. Seriously how many other clubs in our league would have him in their team. Still bemused as to why clough rates him higher than cwyka and maguire. I really do feel sorry for cwyka.

Maguire acted like a child the third of Bennett's age on Wed.

No. It's a personality clash. There is no other explanation.

It's certainly nothing to do with Maguire having a tantrum on Wednesday after he played poorly and was brought off the pitch embarrasingly early in the second half.

It's certainly nothing to do with Maguire having a tantrum on Wednesday after he played poorly and was brought off the pitch embarrasingly early in the second half.

He played poorly but who didn't. I t didn't help him he was fouled every time he tried to hold the ball and never got a free-kick.

Thanks ianm. I'll bear that in mind - and I promise to keep my more hopeful thoughts under wraps.

Ian's right though, how many times in the last few years has a few days turned into weeks, weeks into months etc? Tyson's a classic example this season - he's been "so close" to being fit, yet never is. I'm like Ian - I only believe it when I see the player on the pitch.

Posh fan in peace.

Your two goals, the first our defenders may as well have been cardboard cut outs. Second again we gave the ball away, the final pass was killer though. Was impressed with Robinson, looked your biggest threat - but the key moment in the match was his dreadful finish to make it 3-0.

Was pleased with our football overall, few sloppy mistakes but overall happy. I think we probably deserved a win, 2nd half until Tunnicliffe went off we was just bombarding your box/ball, but so often the striker Sinclair just didnt read it quick enough to get in the right position.

Ref was actually the best we have had this season, although probably should have sent Ryan Bennett off late on for rugby tackling your forward.

Both of us had injuries/suspensions, although you did have more. Very entertaining game, you looked very dangerous on the counter and with our defence I was cacking it each time you launched a counter.

Hope those that went enjoyed the matchday other than the result, nice to have a big terrace at this level away fans usually love coming for that reason. Although if we stay up, next season it'll just be the seats as it is being redeveloped.

Sure you will get back to winning ways when you have your players back, good luck for rest of season except obv when we come to your place, although i'm sure it'll all be decided by then anyway.

p.s what did you think to our lad up front, Paul Taylor? Plucked from Anderlecht he has had a troubled background, but seems to be a real steal for us. Strong, fast, brilliant control - could go a long way if he keeps applying himself well, albeit probably not with us.

Tantrum? I didn't see him have a tantrum. What I saw of Maguire in the one and a bit games he has played is that he drops deep, looks for the ball and can actually control it (unlike any of the other strikers on our books) and look to move the play on. Against Pompey he did this very well. Against Cardiff he did the first part but then gave it away a few times when looking for the pass. Does that deserve being dropped in favour of three teenagers the next game? Not in my book. He or Cywka should have been on the bench today, no argument.

I think both teams will be mid-table and there won't be many points between us.

Must be a fun being a P'Boro season ticket holder with all them goals in the past few seasons!

How come Joe Lewis doesn't play anymore, has he gone of the rails?

144 goals in last 31 matches at London Road all together, good value for money at least lol.

Lewis got a fractured knee against MK Dons in the playoff semi 1st leg, and hasn't broke back into the team yet. Rate our new goalie highly, just his kicking is dire.

Ian's right though, how many times in the last few years has a few days turned into weeks, weeks into months etc? Tyson's a classic example this season - he's been "so close" to being fit, yet never is. I'm like Ian - I only believe it when I see the player on the pitch.

I’ve already promised to keep my cautiously worded and mildly optimistic posts under wraps from now on. I can do no more.

Tantrum? I didn't see him have a tantrum. What I saw of Maguire in the one and a bit games he has played is that he drops deep, looks for the ball and can actually control it (unlike any of the other strikers on our books) and look to move the play on. Against Pompey he did this very well. Against Cardiff he did the first part but then gave it away a few times when looking for the pass. Does that deserve being dropped in favour of three teenagers the next game? Not in my book. He or Cywka should have been on the bench today, no argument.

I’ve seen the same games and he looks like he has a lot of potential. But I thought he was poor on Wednesday and he behaved like a prat when he was taken off the pitch. Clough was not impressed. After that I didn’t think it was a big surprise that Clough didn't pick him to play today.

Archived