Kenny Dalglish

james_ram

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched their match today and thought they were awful. To watch that style of football from a team which has cost over £100million to assemble is embarrassing. If anyone other than Dalglish was over seeing this team their fans would want his head served up on a platter.

Take the two cup runs out of the equation, and Dalglish's record is as average as Hodgson's. But of course, if it were Hodgson who blown £85m on average players and were 8th, 1 place behind Everton and three points off 13th, his head would be on the block. The Carling Cup win is a bit of a smokescreen in my opinion. Well, that and Teflon Kenny's personality cult at Anfield.

I love the early posters in this thread that were confident of a top 3 finish - lol.

When Arsenal were losing to Shrewsbury in the league cup, my brother genuinely asked the question (on FB) would Arsenal be relegated this season (he's a Liverpool fan), and I said don't be ridiculous they'll still comfortably finish above Liverpool this season. Being the 'tard 15yr old he is, he said some hip-cool-ghetto thing for meaning 'no', and when I brought that FB wall post up recently his clever response was 'but that was 6mths ago'.

I hate Liverpool, I passionately hate Gerrard, and I definitely hate Dalglish. If someone snapped Gerrard in two, and ended his career I genuinely believe it would benefit England. He's a lazy player, he'll turn up for the big games for Liverpool and that's it. He certainly isn't capable of winning a title without 5 or 6 better players carrying him.

Andy Carroll was a massive waste of money, and anyone who justifies it with 'We got Carroll and £15m for Torres' is stupid. You got ridiculous money for Torres and wasted 2/3rds of it on a one-hit-wonder. May as well be playing Chesney Hawkes up front.

Keep Dalglish, keep Gerrard, be mediocre for many more years please, it's a happy distraction.

I love the early posters in this thread that were confident of a top 3 finish - lol.

When Arsenal were losing to Shrewsbury in the league cup, my brother genuinely asked the question (on FB) would Arsenal be relegated this season (he's a Liverpool fan), and I said don't be ridiculous they'll still comfortably finish above Liverpool this season. Being the 'tard 15yr old he is, he said some hip-cool-ghetto thing for meaning 'no', and when I brought that FB wall post up recently his clever response was 'but that was 6mths ago'.

I hate Liverpool, I passionately hate Gerrard, and I definitely hate Dalglish. If someone snapped Gerrard in two, and ended his career I genuinely believe it would benefit England. He's a lazy player, he'll turn up for the big games for Liverpool and that's it. He certainly isn't capable of winning a title without 5 or 6 better players carrying him.

Andy Carroll was a massive waste of money, and anyone who justifies it with 'We got Carroll and £15m for Torres' is stupid. You got ridiculous money for Torres and wasted 2/3rds of it on a one-hit-wonder. May as well be playing Chesney Hawkes up front.

Keep Dalglish, keep Gerrard, be mediocre for many more years please, it's a happy distraction.

Not sure I'd ever call Gerrard lazy. He's scored plenty of goals for Liverpool in games that aren't 'big'. And he probably would need 5 or 6 players in that team to win a league, but I wouldn't say to carry him! Seems a bit harsh. I don't think he's the best player but his work rate is there.

The Torres/Carroll thing was stupid, they allowed themselves to get backed in to a corner, and at the last minute had to spend big to get a player who was never going to be as effective as Torres was for them. Poor management from the top down. Would never have happened at United, which is who they want to overtake.

For all the **** Hodgson got for his transfer activity, I don't see any improvement under Dalglish, just bigger numbers, and bigger disappointments. I'm also sick of hearing his post match interviews, he's like a stroppy teenager, walked off yesterday in a huff. Hardly capturing the hearts of a nation.

Top manager who's record speaks for itself and who will take Liverpool back into the top 3 this season, that's my bet. He knows what he's doing when it comes to building a team, much as Nige is doing for us. Carroll may not be worth anything like £35million but he will be a 20-goal a season striker at the top level within a few seasons, no doubts.

Losing Meireles has been a massive blow especially after seeing Kenny begin to get the best out of him. Bellamy could prove to be a very shrewd signing.

Liverpool will be top 3 again this season, King Kenny will see to that

Would you like to re evaluate this assessment?

Apparently King Kenny has complained to the FA about the sending off yesterday, he said that in Spain, the headbut is a sign of affection.

Don't think that's totally fair on Carroll to be honest. He was excellent for Newcastle for a good few years. I imagine it's probably a combination of the price tag increasing expectations and Dalglish's inability to get the the best out of him.

Don't think that's totally fair on Carroll to be honest. He was excellent for Newcastle for a good few years. I imagine it's probably a combination of the price tag increasing expectations and Dalglish's inability to get the the best out of him.

He was excellent at Newcastle, for ONE season....not a "good few years"...the combination of him being, just not that good with the 35 million price tag, going to Liverpool with the King has all been too much for him....and I think it is GREAT.!

He was excellent at Newcastle, for ONE season....not a "good few years"...the combination of him being, just not that good with the 35 million price tag, going to Liverpool with the King has all been too much for him....and I think it is GREAT.!

He was in & around the NUFC first team from 2009 onwards up to when he left in early 2011. Ok maybe a good few years is a bit of white lie, but for 1 1/2 years he was in their first team he was scoring regularly. I reckon he'll go to a 'lesser' team with lower expectations and suddenly start knocking them in again.

On a side note I don't really get all the hate for Liverpool myself - seems a bit OTT, but then again haters gonna hate no matter what.

Archived