Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

There's this bloke, a bit down on his luck, strolling on the beach kicking sand when his foot hits a bottle. The stopper pops out and a genie appears from the bottle.

'Thank you, O master, you have freed me from 1000 years of captivity. Your wish is my command. Only one wish though, as I'm only an apprentice genie'

'Well,' says the bloke, 'I'd really like my dog Lucky to win the greyhound Derby'

'What, this arthritic Dachshund with a game leg, half an ear missing, and blind in one eye?'

'That's the one.'

'Look, mate, like I said, I'm only an apprentice. Tell you what, have another wish.

'Right, I'd like Nottingham Forest to get promoted this season.'

The genie looks thoughtful for a moment, then says 'Let me have another look at that dog.'

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Abdulaziz Al-Hasawi said: "We are in discussions with four or five well-known figures in the football world, who have a perfect understanding of this league, and hopefully in a week all matters should be finalised and it will be revealed.

SoD gets the job.... my god, I thought our owner could talk some *****, but Forests new lot take the piss.

Agree with SoD being a good appointment.

Just before the takeover was completed it was all "return Forest where they belong" and talk of using the necessary resources to "bring back former glories" (which I'm sure was meant to be European compettition and one of Englands major teams playing the best football)

Since they've got in though... Gunter didnt seem to want to stick around. The plan is 3-5 years to become competitive (what division? This one?) and the club that showed ruthless ambition and sacked a floundering manager ...... chose SoD to lead them into the promised land?

Atleast had it been Pearce you could drown in nostalgia.

SoD is sensible. But it doesn't add up with what was said before takeover.

Sven, Pearce, Keane, Daglish, Nigel.... Could see those being the sort of appointments meant to conjour up fond memories or big excitement.

Atleast our board did that. Big dreams. An appointment that meant something. Big talk. A big name (to our clubs anyway)...... maybe your owners know football really well and went for a football man. But I get the feeling SoD was just a decent manager on hand.

No it isn't. The players rate him, the fans rate him, he plays good football, I am very pleased.

The players rate him....what all 4 of them? And which playet in their right mind is ever going to say anything bad about their new manager!?

The fans rate him....! Not from what i am hearing from my red dog friends....

He plays good football......yep, with lower league players.

It is a really crappy signing, desperate signing and dont kid yourself, because you arent kidding anyone here, you are GUTTED that you didnt get someone like Hoddle or Sven or even Thick Mick..

I tell you, it shows for what you are......

Mickey Mouse Club, Mickey Mouse Club, woooohhhh, woooohhhh!

I now understand why it's Sean O'Driscoll (just seen this) someone on twitter claimed that their annual turnover was 3,800,000,000 and one of the championship pages posted this [url=http://www.alibaba.com/member/kw100151379.html]http://www.alibaba.com/member/kw100151379.html which says the sales volume for their business is 5-10million US dollars and their purchase volume is 2.5-5million US Dollars, which at maximum is 7.5million a year in US dollars.

I have seen a lot of figures being lied about, first of all the brilliant one of they are worth 365 billion which would make them without question the richest family in the world - infact the 3 richest families before them would need to divvy up all their money to even get close to them 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> and then now 3,800,000,000 a year profit - which is a long way off the reported value of betweem 2,500,000 / 7,500,000

They have 2 uk companies with net wort of -1.5m and £4m each - some new companies set up last year that have no returns filed

I don't know where they keep getting the idea that their owners are mega rich, they lie about their wealth to convince themselves it seems more than anyone else, its going to be really interesting to see what happens. I can definitely see O'driscoll calling in some of his players - billy sharp said John Oster would be the first signing, if Giles Barnes is out of contract still, wouldn't be surprised to see him go there.

we'll have to wait and see - they have at least 2million to spend from the gunter deal anyway. If they add any more to that 2million remains to be seen.

Archived