Miles Addison

NorfolkRam

cant disagree with any of your logic but Ratty's reputation must be at an all time low and therefore selling him might not be easy....

what with the comment on pitch at wembley, the sky sports interview, then the art , then the tweets, then the fake injury and then that strange interview when he joined cardiff.....to be a good professional footballer you need to be a good footballer and a good pro. He's now a bit risky on both counts.

What was the strange interview when he joined Cardiff. I missed that one.

What gets me is the number of games we had when Byater didnt have a shot to save yet we still ended up losing.

We seemed to concede a high proportion of goals relative to shots last year. That must be a reflection on the keeper.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What was the strange interview when he joined Cardiff. I missed that one.

After his debut , when asked 'its been an amazing move...how did you come to find yourself at cardiff ?' he answered ' I got in my car and drove here'.....similarly ' are you looking forward to the next game at palace?' he answered 'i don't care about crystal palace' then some question about qpr ' 'i don't care about qpr'.

And before people suggest he was joking....he wasn't.

It was totally and utterly charmless......the interviewer was taken aback and eventually gave up.

I think it's extremely early to judge if he is better, bywaters first season we didn't let many in, we got promoted and many thought he could play in the prem and dome even for england, also when Carroll was bought in and played many were demanding for bywater to return.

Playing well for 3 months is different to doing it year on year and the real test for a keeper is when they have made a few mistakes which will happen and how they react. Wasn't fieldings last game for his first spell where he let that pea roller go through him. He is good but let's wait as with every player to see if he is truly better

or how about judge on this season's performances ? Bywater hasn't done it year on year he has rapidly gone down hill since the disaster season, this season we looked a lot more solid with Fielding in goal rather than Bywater due to his decision making and the majority of fan's feel at ease with Fielding, i'm not saying he's an amazing keeper and will never ever make a mistake, mearly stating he is better than Bywater judging what i have seen over the whole season. :)

Skysports.com understands Derby County defender Miles Addison has agreed to join Barnsley on a six-month loan deal.

Addison has recently signed a new two-year contract at Derby, but the club are keen to send the 22-year-old out on loan for the first half of the season.

He missed 10 months of 2010 after undergoing foot surgery before featuring in the second half of the last campaign, but the Rams want to offer Addison the chance to build up his match fitness.

Barnsley have now agreed a deal which will see Addison, who can also play in midfield, spend the first half of the next Championship season on loan at Oakwell.

Addison's imminent arrival at Barnsley will help to fill the void created by defender Jason Shackell's recent move in the opposite direction.

New Tykes boss Keith Hill has been stepping up his transfer activity in the past few days and signed full-backs Scott Wiseman and Jim McNulty last week.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_7006808,00.html

HAHAHAHAHA, what a charmer! :rofl:

'I don't care about Palace if I am being honest..'

'what about QPR'

'no, don't care about them either'

Methinks you are taking his comments out of context :rolleyes:

Hi was just pointing out that his focus is on Cardiff (or was!!).

I don't think he really understands what is required of him in an interview, he just isn't bright enough to formulate ideas. I love the awkward silence while he stares at the interviewer- lets hope we can shift him.

He is clearly easily bright enough..... he was playing with the interviewer - silence is a very powerful tool if you want to make someone feel awkward. He had the interviewer on the back foot most of the way through the interview.

Methinks you are taking his comments out of context :rolleyes:

Hi was just pointing out that his focus is on Cardiff (or was!!).

I know that was the reason behind it but if you watch the way he says it and reacts, it's just brilliant! when on about Palace he seems to go on with a normal answer, stop half way through and then say.. I don't care about Palace if I'm honest :rofl:

he was just stating that he was concentrating on cardiff and i think he grew tired of the interviewer asking what about qpr, palace. When he clearly stated he was just thinking about cardiff, he does have a bit of a different demeanor to a lot of people but he is a good championship gk, he was solid for a good while until earlier this season and since then it has dissolved.

Nigel Clough says Miles Addison's loan move to Barnsley will give the defender perfect platform to build up his match sharpness.

The talented youngster is joining Derby's Championship rivals on a half-season loan.

After showing incredible fortitude to bounce back from a serious foot injury in early 2011, Addison made 11 starts for the Rams last season.

Clough insists that Addison now needs to string together a consistent run of games.

That is something he cannot assure the 22-year-old at this moment in time.

The Academy product remains a big part of Derby's future and last week he signed a new contract until the summer of 2013, so the temporary switch is not a sign that he isn't part of Clough's plans.

"Miles was in and out of the team in the second half of last season and Barnsley can give him the first team football that we can't right now," Clough told Rams Player.

"He had an awful long time out of action, especially when you also consider the time he spent playing with the injury prior to the operation.

"He has gone to Barnsley to play games, but part of the loan was that he agreed to extend his contract here and we are delighted with that.

"Miles will be there for six months and we will review things again in January.

"He needs to play games more than anything right now and Barnsley will give him that chance to play 23 games and get his sharpness and match fitness up."

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0 ... 61,00.html

Because they're desperate and we're not.

Addison's not match fit and won't have any form - He can get both at Barnsley while we play someone who's already got both from the start.

We'll both benefit from this arrangement. When he comes back after Christmas he'll be ready to slot right back into the side if need's be.

Unless he gets injured of course!

We don't want to carry him while he is unfit- We have Shackell, Barker, Buxton, Anderson and Leacock all above him as they are fit. Barnsley have a thread bare squad and are desperate for cover- especially since they have just sold their captain and best player. I reckon Barnsley are really going to struggle this year- their manager will be lucky if he lasts til christmas, al ot of their fans are baying for his blood already!

• 6 months later...
Defender Miles Addison's loan spell at Barnsley is expected to be extended for another four weeks.

The initial loan expired after Barnsley's win against Leeds United on Saturday but Addison looks set to stay at Oakwell and could play for the Tykes against Doncaster Rovers today if the paperwork goes through in time.

Addison has played nine games for Barnsley and started the last two.

[url=http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Bywater-completes-Owls-Derby-contract-cancelled/story-14302832-detail/story.html]http://www.thisisder...tail/story.html

Archived