Miles Addison

NorfolkRam

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Addison does fit into Nigels plans, first we need to get him fit but in some games where it's going to be a battle in midfield, he is who you would want because he can bully people and if he can do that and give the ball to Bryson, Bailey or whoever to then play with the ball... sometimes you need that physical presence, just like sometimes you need out and out pace.

Addison is a good player, but he needs a good run of games to get his fitness and form. He wont start at CB if we sign Shackel and he probably wont start CM with Bailey, Bryson + 1 other.

Makes perfect send for send him out to Barnsley for 6 months to get a good run of games, fitness and confidence. He will come back a better player in January and be challenging for a place in first eleven. Maybe put some return clause in case we have a few injuries, but overall this sounds like good business and a win-win scenario

What's the worse that can happen from a short-term loan, really?

Addison might then become the messiah for Barnsley and have the top of the league just as some fan's are worrying :rolleyes: it's a good deal for both clubs, they get a CB and we get our best young CB playing games in this division but moron's say no to this.

Or if we want him to get fit we could just loan him at a month a time or a 3 month loan after a pre season with our staff. You don't loan players out for half a seaon if you just want to help them get fit.

If we loaned him out in august for 3 months that would take it to November and it is only 1 month longer if it was a 6 month loan. Ok so he is there for pre season? Not exactly a major problem, is it?

Selling him is a lose lose for the club sadly. If they sell him now and he goes on to do well people will say that the board and Nigel have no idea what they're doing, but if we sell him and he gets injured and never plays again nobody will really be saying it was a good choice.

Sky Sports:

Skysports.com understands Derby defender Miles Addison is set to sign a new deal at Pride Park.

Addison, who can play in defence or midfield, has been offered a 12-month extension to his contract to keep him at Derby until 2013.

The highly-rated 22-year-old has seen his progress hampered by a serious foot injury over the last 18 months.

Addison made a quicker than expected recovery from injury last season and he made 22 appearances for Nigel Clough's side.

Derby are now keen to sort out Addison's future and secure him on a longer deal.

Sky Sports:

Skysports.com understands Derby defender Miles Addison is set to sign a new deal at Pride Park.

Addison, who can play in defence or midfield, has been offered a 12-month extension to his contract to keep him at Derby until 2013.

The highly-rated 22-year-old has seen his progress hampered by a serious foot injury over the last 18 months.

Addison made a quicker than expected recovery from injury last season and he made 22 appearances for Nigel Clough's side.

Derby are now keen to sort out Addison's future and secure him on a longer deal.

Brilliant. Best news I have heard today - plus the short term loan to get his fitness back up isn't a bad thing at all

Brilliant. Best news I have heard today - plus the short term loan to get his fitness back up isn't a bad thing at all

:rofl:

made me laugh, remember it's only half 1 still plenty of time left! I think this is the ONLY piece of news I've heard today so therefore the best I've heard too :thumbsup:

People seem to have forgotton about his contract situation. As a young, ambitious player, he will not want to be sitting out of the picture in the Rams squad with weeks ticking by until the January transfer window, when he can talk to clubs about signing for them for the 2012-2013 season. If he was to go out on loan for 6 months, without agreeing to his contract extension. He could go and sign for someone on the cheap in the January window. The club are not silly, you would guess to let him leave on a free, because he has the ability to go on to be a great player. Last season he struggled for fitness and form as he was playing catch up from his looooong time out with injury. One issue may be, the insurance factor, he might be in a similar situation with Barnes where the insurance we would need to pay would almost make it cheaper to let him leave. Seems the club is confident enough that he has recovered from his injury to offer him a new deal. Will he sign it is the question.

I read something in the news about floods in Eastern China, so this is probably just about the best news of the day for me.

"sickening scenes" as Roal Moats friends visit the scene he died at on his birthday.

Daily Mail tells them off for smiling in the sunshine. Daily Mail at it's finest.

Addison to be another major plus for Reds

BARNSLEY are expected to sign Derby County defender Miles Addison on loan until December.

And The Star understands the 22-year-old centre-back and versatile central midfielder could even sign a contract at Oakwell later this week.

“It looks like Miles is going to join us,” Reds director Don Rowing told The Star. “The deal would be until December, which is great for Barnsley Football Club.”

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/barnsley/addison_to_be_another_major_plus_for_reds_1_3502663

Well he's gone on loan for 6 months and he signed a 2 year contract extension with us, best we could have got out of the situation in my opinion. With alot of players coming in I can't see where Addison can slot in until he's proper match fit, and he can do that whilst at Barnsley, get him the games he needs then he can be welcomed back to the club in January

Archived