Miles Addison

NorfolkRam

Erm, yes I he is a quality player. "Class" is your word mate. At this level when fit he is a quality player, hence him playing in the first team when he has been fit in the past. You don't have to be out of the ordinary to be a quality player, when he was fit he had a run in the team and provided quality. Just because he isn't going to be playing for England doesn't mean he's not quality.

Funny how people blast the England team calling them **** then some average CM/CB in the NPC is quoted as quality.. Not a pop at you P.shilton, just the use of words can be very difficult..

Addison IMO isn't a quality player nor is he quality for us.. He can't even get in our team, a team that finished 19th.. That's a first indication that perhaps he isn't very good.. Addison does have potential, but potential to be what? I personally can't see him being a PL player on the bases he's far too slow and simply can't pass a ball.. If he's a CM he wouldn't offer anything and against a good passing team would just be lost.. If he's a CB, then he'd struggle against anyone with good movement and pace..

Harsh to say, but if we want to be playing top football we can't carry these sort of players.. I would feel abit sad though if he was to go, he's a derby product afterall.. If he's happy to stay and be a part player I'm OK with it, until we aim to be a solid PL team, then I'd get shot.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All been said b4 (before), but he has promise, but the player i saw in those games this year, is not the one which wowed us against Man u, so if the reports of a loan are true, then fine, if it means NC gets his man (shackell) .... and we can see if MA regains the form we all hope he has, and if he does, i'm sure NC will want him back....

But as my gran used to say, 'Many a slip twix'd cup and lip'....

So lets wait to see what actually happens.

edit: text talk

Whether class or quality he has a lot to prove to be top IMHO.

My point still stands, if he is deemed good enough to play in this league for a team that finished above us, then he should stay here.

He'll come back ready, if they want a new signing but don't want to shell out then they will take him and he'll benefit them by helping them win games and benefit himself by getting fit and more experienced. Win win, he's good enought to play for us when fit- why not let a team get him fit for us?

Funny how people blast the England team calling them **** then some average CM/CB in the NPC is quoted as quality.. Not a pop at you P.shilton, just the use of words can be very difficult..

Addison IMO isn't a quality player nor is he quality for us.. He can't even get in our team, a team that finished 19th.. That's a first indication that perhaps he isn't very good.. Addison does have potential, but potential to be what? I personally can't see him being a PL player on the bases he's far too slow and simply can't pass a ball.. If he's a CM he wouldn't offer anything and against a good passing team would just be lost.. If he's a CB, then he'd struggle against anyone with good movement and pace..

Harsh to say, but if we want to be playing top football we can't carry these sort of players.. I would feel abit sad though if he was to go, he's a derby product afterall.. If he's happy to stay and be a part player I'm OK with it, until we aim to be a solid PL team, then I'd get shot.

Its all relative, Addison (IMO) is a quality player at this level. If the England team was full of steady champ players I wouldn't be happy obviously but at our level he is a quality player and has the potential to be a very good player. He didn't play because he was injured through most of the season and there was no point in rushing him back and risking further injury. When he next plays for the rams (be it after a loan or not) I am convinced we will see a different player altogether.

would it be in part exchange for shacknell if so do it

only going to be a bit player anyway

i read the paper and they say half season loan. to me Addison is indispensable at the moment as we have not seen him at best and he is already good. i think that when he at his peak then he could be a decent premiership player.

I really want Addison to become a huge player for Derby but I just didn't see it last year. If there is a way to hold on to him for one more season I'd rather do that, but my confidence in him turning in to a great player is diminishing.

I don't see why some people think he has to go out on loan to get fit. He retuned from injury months ago, he will be on a training plan all summer, there is then pre season. How long does it take to become fit? If he is going it's because he isn't in the first team plans.

I don't see why some people think he has to go out on loan to get fit. He retuned from injury months ago, he will be on a training plan all summer, there is then pre season. How long does it take to become fit? If he is going it's because he isn't in the first team plans.

I'm sure we're capable of getting him physically fit, but the only way he'll get back to how he was is by playing matches. And it's not just about being fit as well, it's about confidence in himself as well - there's always going to be that doubt in his mind that his foot might break down again, which he needs to get over by playing on it. If we can get someone else to play him through all that and we get a match fit player back in january then that's great imo. Look at players like Hulse, it took him over a year to get back to somewhere near match fitness after breaking his leg.

So why go to a team in the same league, it makes sense if he drops down a league, and has more chance of playing every game.

You belittle Barnsley and their manager by suggesting he will be fit and OK to play there , but not here.

Archived