Miles Addison

NorfolkRam

Derby County's Miles Addison has extended his loan stint with npower Championship rivals Barnsley.

Addison, who turns 23 on Saturday, spent the first five months of the season at Oakwell on a half-season loan.

The defender, equally at home in central midfield, made nine appearances for Keith Hill's side during the first half of the season, with injuries restricting his progress.

He was in the starting line-up as Barnsley hammered Yorkshire rivals Leeds United 4-1 on New Year's Eve.

His loan expired after that game but an agreement has been reached to extend the loan by a further four weeks until 28th January 2012 and Addison will also be eligible to play for Barnsley in their FA Cup Third Round tie at home to Premier League Swansea City this weekend.

Addison has made 77 first-team appearances for the Rams since graduating from the Derby County Academy.

[url=http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270%7E2562994,00.html]http://www.dcfc.co.u...2562994,00.html

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Timed until Paul Green is sold, and Miles comes back and becomes our midfield general 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Somewhat surprised, but very pleased, to see that he was top notch for them against Leeds last Saturday. Perhaps he's getting back to something like his old fitness levels.

I think the club are being clever here.

At present we have just won 4 out of 5 games. Hendricks will be back in a couple of weeks, Green still here how would Addison fit in at the moment as you can not tamper with the team at present. In respect of the Addison still at Barnsley he gets more game time to improve on game time.

Also if there is a chance he will be sold remains in the shopping window. However it looks like loan players that we do not want we are quite happy to go without a fee look at Bywater. He will be back at end of transfer window as we play them on the 31/1/11 and therefore can not play against us. If Green is sold then Addison can come back into the squad and train with first team and attempt to push his way into the midfield

I like the fact that he will be playing and staying sharp but letting him play in the cup is a bit of a worry, why would we do that if h has a future at PP? Also, if we are looking to sell him then it will decrease his value to any other club as he is cup tied. I hope not, but it seems that something may be in the pipeline for him at Barnsley.....

Addison: Hill said he would understand if I wanted to rip his head off

Keith Hill told Derby County loanee Miles Addison he would understand if he wanted to ‘rip his head off’ for the lack of chances he’s had to impress at Oakwell.

The giant defensive midfielder was instrumental in the New Year’s Eve victory against Leeds after only featuring seven times since August, and his loan deal was extended until January 28.

The 22-year-old was adamant he was returning to Derby after not being given enough first team chances and revealed it was only Hill’s honest approach that persuaded him to stay.

“When I spoke to the manager he said he would understand if I wanted to rip his head off,” Addison told the Chronicle.

“It’s been tough for me here. I started in the team and struggled but they then went on a seven match unbeaten run and I could have no complaints about not playing. The manager and Flicker pulled me to one side after the Leeds game and really believed in me. They wanted to give me more chances but they couldn’t because the team had been doing so well. They are a great management duo and after hearing what they had to say I couldn’t refuse.”

http://www.barnsley-chronicle.co.uk/sport/article/4817/addison-hill-said-he-would-understand-if-i-wanted-to-rip-his-head-off

• 2 weeks later...

He would be useful to have back as we need cover. He has started to recapture some of his form which he showed before his injury. They are starting him now alongside Perkins. He has pushed his way into the side when he bossed the midfield in the match they romped Leeds. Don't think Clough really has any plans to have him back yet though. Would have been handy in the Stoke match coming up thats for sure.

He would be useful to have back as we need cover. He has started to recapture some of his form which he showed before his injury. They are starting him now alongside Perkins. He has pushed his way into the side when he bossed the midfield in the match they romped Leeds. Don't think Clough really has any plans to have him back yet though. Would have been handy in the Stoke match coming up thats for sure.

He is cup tied so even if we had him back he couldn't of played.

Would he be a certain to be in the 16 if he came back at the end of the month. He would prefer to be starting there knowing he is cimpeting with Done and Perkins than be competing with Hendrick and Buxton for a place on the bench here. Clough knows he is not renowned for his passing.

Spoke to a Barnsley season ticket holder tonight at my sons golf lesson. He explained that he is at times frustrating to watch. Against Leeds he was awesome and bossed the game, then against Ipswich he looked like he was playing on one leg and then against Leicester he played really well. It sounds like he is starting to get his form back. I would personally have him stay at Barnsley to continue his rehab after nearly 2 seasons out with the foot injury and get him back summer raring to go and fighting for the position in midfield.

If he continues to rehab we could go to a formation of 4132

---------------Fielding-----------------

Brayford-Barker-Shackell-Naylor

--------------Addison-----------------

Bryson------Bailey-------------Ward

---Tyson---------------Ball---------

Bench of legs, Theo, Roberts, Hendrick, S.Davies

The midfield except for Ward can rotate to keep fresh and reduce risk of injury through tiredness as Hendrick could play in Addison/Bailey role. Bailey could drop back. Bryson could play any of the positions. S.Davies could drop in to the right if required.

With this as well we would have some big lads in the box for set pieces as well what with Barker, Shackell, Addison, Hendrick (if playing) and Ball and could include Tyson in that as well.

Spoke to a Barnsley season ticket holder tonight at my sons golf lesson. He explained that he is at times frustrating to watch. Against Leeds he was awesome and bossed the game, then against Ipswich he looked like he was playing on one leg and then against Leicester he played really well. It sounds like he is starting to get his form back. I would personally have him stay at Barnsley to continue his rehab after nearly 2 seasons out with the foot injury and get him back summer raring to go and fighting for the position in midfield.

If he continues to rehab we could go to a formation of 4132

---------------Fielding-----------------

Brayford-Barker-Shackell-Naylor

--------------Addison-----------------

Bryson------Bailey-------------Ward

---Tyson---------------Ball---------

Bench of legs, Theo, Roberts, Hendrick, S.Davies

The midfield except for Ward can rotate to keep fresh and reduce risk of injury through tiredness as Hendrick could play in Addison/Bailey role. Bailey could drop back. Bryson could play any of the positions. S.Davies could drop in to the right if required.

With this as well we would have some big lads in the box for set pieces as well what with Barker, Shackell, Addison, Hendrick (if playing) and Ball and could include Tyson in that as well.

I see what you are saying but both of our leading scorers on the bench? Don't reckon that would happen TBH

4-1-3-2 worst formation in the world IMO.. It just has hoofball written all over it.. and 2 teams of 5 a side.

Addison is currently at one of the best clubs in the NPC that focuses on passing and movement.. It'll help his game no end being in amongst the Barnsley team.

Archived