Miles Addison

NorfolkRam

we used to have those bikes.

Bikes Smikes, I want them running. Savage was a legend, he didn't do a lot but he ran for 90 minutes, sometimes into places he shouldn't have and that meant he left a gap, but my god that man ran for us. I won't be happy until we have 11 players constantly running after the ball. I want to look out there onto the pitch and see 11 Jack Russell's just running around. And when they're not on the pitch running around I want them on these treadmills, I want the team coach gone and players to run to games, I want them to run on the spot whilst doing post match interviews. If that doesn't happen they should be shown the door.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I mean Buxton is clearly mustard and the defence rocks we currently have in midfield mean we don't need him. Just like we don't need to keep any player who tries to create something. What we need is 11 players who can run for 90 minutes and make simple passes. To be honest I'd get rid of Fielding, he doesn't cover enough ground for me and I want all 11 players to run for 90 minutes.

Yep, Addison is much more creative than Bryson, Hendrick, Bailey, Ward - in fact any of these so-called 'midfielders' we have. With our simple football we made Stoke look like a much better footballing side than us on Saturday.

I still need to use these two words every time a Derby fan says there's no excitement in our team: Jamie Ward.

If only he was foreign!

Yep, Addison is much more creative than Bryson, Hendrick, Bailey, Ward - in fact any of these so-called 'midfielders' we have. With our simple football we made Stoke look like a much better footballing side than us on Saturday.

I still need to use these two words every time a Derby fan says there's no excitement in our team: Jamie Ward.

If only he was foreign!

Don't forget Theo in the excitement stake- you never know when he actually might do something useful! Edge of the seat stuff...

If only he was foreign!

I'm all for Jamie Ward but he's only one player. That's it one person. Should he be out then what?

Never said Addison was more creative but he's certainly a better option when hanging onto a lead or sticking out a team that's harder to break down for an away game and such.

I just think in Addison and Cywka we had two young players with lots of potential but we'd prefer to not have them. Just because our manager doesn't want them doesn't mean I have to a) like it or 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' /> suddenly assume its the players with bad attitudes in training.

If we just accept wage attitude of 'the manager knows more and better than us' then we might as well close these message boards, we might as well not go for a post match beer and dissect the game. Let's just accept everything Nigel does without thought or opinion.

Yep, Addison is much more creative than Bryson, Hendrick, Bailey, Ward - in fact any of these so-called 'midfielders' we have.

In the words of Nigel Clough 'I nearly feel of my chair' laughing!! Since when has Miles Addison been more creative than our current midfileld. I agree we need more creativity but perhaps young Mr Carroll can do that for us

I'm all for Jamie Ward but he's only one player. That's it one person. Should he be out then what?

Never said Addison was more creative but he's certainly a better option when hanging onto a lead or sticking out a team that's harder to break down for an away game and such.

I just think in Addison and Cywka we had two young players with lots of potential but we'd prefer to not have them. Just because our manager doesn't want them doesn't mean I have to a) like it or 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' /> suddenly assume its the players with bad attitudes in training.

If we just accept wage attitude of 'the manager knows more and better than us' then we might as well close these message boards, we might as well not go for a post match beer and dissect the game. Let's just accept everything Nigel does without thought or opinion.

Well ok, Jamie Ward's the best on the ball but if James Bailey was from a Latin country we'd be singing his praises. He's been out of form lately but you must surely agree he's one of the best passers of the ball we've had in a long time when he's on it. His problem is he drifts in and out of games.

Addison isn't even that young, he's 23 now and so is Cywka I think. But both of them still look like 19 year olds - raw, but they make howling mistakes. Cywka in particular really flattered to deceive. His goals and assists return weren't great with a player apparently better than anyone else we had.

I wouldn't have let Cywka go myself and truth be told I did enjoy watching him play. But I can see it from Clough's point of view. And the problem with Derby sides in recent years has been signing players who look good rather than players who were good. Was Cywka that good? Dunno. He's foreign though.

I'm not saying don't criticise the manager, I've done it - but am I allowed to try and stop unfair and misguided criticism and negativity? I can believe that some don't find this team enteraining, but when it's said that this is the most dull side in living memory I begin to smell a rat and think it's not constructive. I don't know how/why any fan could claim that, but someone has on this forum.

We've not been prolific in front of goal with plenty of 1-0 wins, which Clough is apparently happy with. Yet we've signed another striker, citing too few clear-cut opportunities in games? We're happy to play dull football, hoof ball even, and yet we've signed the most exciting prospect from arguably the best footballing side in the world's best league?

Clough's primary aim is to instill a culture of hard work in to the club which was lost with some style. That inevitably means that some talented footballers will be left out in the cold here, and some of them will be Clough's own signings. It sounded to me like Maguire was a bit tempremental even at Abderdeen, so that one was a big mistake.

In the words of Nigel Clough 'I nearly feel of my chair' laughing!! Since when has Miles Addison been more creative than our current midfileld. I agree we need more creativity but perhaps young Mr Carroll can do that for us

Hope you spotted the irony in my post. I don't think you did though. Unless I'm missing the irony in yours.

Oh without doubt bailey is a great passer but I wouldn't say he was a creative spark. When he's on it he's great on the ball and at starting a move but I don't see the spark coming from him. I don't see him changing the game. I don't see Cywka being that game changer, the missing puzzle but I'd prefer it, when a game is looking stale, like we need to change something and on the bench we had Cywka there rather than Doyle or Ben Davies, etc. he's no Commons in terms of creativity or skill but he was better than others as an option and to add to that we let him go for nothing!! I can't get over that.

Addison was a rock under Jewell and if people remember his first game back against Newcastle when he bossed it. He may be inconsistant a bit but Jesus Robinsons control appears more luck than judgement and he gets all the chances in the world and he repaid that with goals this season. Other players don't get the same opportunity and we cite 'manager knows best' Ben Davies was out of form for ages before he dropped to the bench yet but others have an off game and that's it, gone. I don't get it. Either all these players have a bad attitude or Nigel likes 1 type of player and if you're not it then you're our.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived