Miles Addison

NorfolkRam

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Addison, think he adds a physical presence and would get him back if only to sit on the bench and bring on to defend a lead, something like Bucko is doing now.

Bucko and Addison are probably as good as each other when on the ball, but Addison is probably a tad quicker and has more physical presence on the pitch!

As I put in the summer, a coaching staff member told me he isn't in the first team plans, nothing I have seen suggests otherwise.

Not denying that whoever said that, and the loan move would make sense, as has been the same with others, but how would you explain the contract extension previous to this?

Well he is back now according to the OS but it doesn't look like he will feature based on this quote from Cloughie.

Manager Nigel Clough said: "Miles is back with us and we'll see how things are with him.

"Unfortunately for Miles we're well covered at centre-back and also in midfield at the moment so it's difficult to see where we'll get him in right now."

I for one would have him ahead of Naylor as the replacement at centre half and ahead of Buxton for the last 5 minute cameo, so I hope he can change Cloughies mind here

Well he is back now according to the OS but it doesn't look like he will feature based on this quote from Cloughie.

Manager Nigel Clough said: "Miles is back with us and we'll see how things are with him.

"Unfortunately for Miles we're well covered at centre-back and also in midfield at the moment so it's difficult to see where we'll get him in right now."

I for one would have him ahead of Naylor as the replacement at centre half and ahead of Buxton for the last 5 minute cameo, so I hope he can change Cloughies mind here

I agree,surely with no OB,and with his experience you would think he would be ahead of Naylor and to some lesser extent Buxton, but as we all know, when ur out of NC's favour,ur out of the door.....

Not denying that whoever said that, and the loan move would make sense, as has been the same with others, but how would you explain the contract extension previous to this?

All I can think is they thought they could make more money if under contract instead of letting him go for free, they loaned him out so his wages would have been covered and if he had done well he may have attracted a decent fee. If he was ever in the plans in the forsible future he wouldnt have been loaned especially at the time we had Barker out and pretty much no cover in midfield as Hendrick hadnt played.

When a manager puts you below Jake Buxton in the pecking order it's safe to say your time is up.

Nigel is one of those people I will just never understand, not going to bother trying anymore.

Theres nothing to understand. He's inherited his father's pointless stubbornness, but sadly not his managerial genius.

Buxton ahead of Addison? Never in a million years.

I really do wish Miles could have a future here, But doubt he does 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> I like him , think he could do a job as a holding midfielder, definately someone you don't want tackling you.HES HUGE

I agree with that and I always thought he was going to be really good. That injury must have caused more problems than we know.

I've been keeping an eye on the Barnsley Forums over the last couple of months [what, me, a Sado..] and although he had a couple of good games towards the end of his spell there, the number of offers of a lift back to Derby from the fans obviously meant that he didn't impress too many.

I see the Addison of old a la Manchester Utd game. Can he do that any more or has he lost the bit of pace he had? That seems to be the main criticism from Barnsley. Too slow.

I agree with that and I always thought he was going to be really good. That injury must have caused more problems than we know.

I've been keeping an eye on the Barnsley Forums over the last couple of months [what, me, a Sado..] and although he had a couple of good games towards the end of his spell there, the number of offers of a lift back to Derby from the fans obviously meant that he didn't impress too many.

I see the Addison of old a la Manchester Utd game. Can he do that any more or has he lost the bit of pace he had? That seems to be the main criticism from Barnsley. Too slow.

Yes, the question is whether he'll ever get back to being the player he was before his injury? He was worse than Savage and worse than ‘minimum wage’ Buxton when he returned from injury last season.

I’ve not seen Addison play for Barnsley this season but even those posters who think Clough doesn’t know his arse from his elbow aren't claiming that Addison's been doing that well on loan. If Buxton's not significantly worse, but is significantly cheaper than Addison then maybe NC's not doing that bad a job.

Whilst we are paying his wages we need to utilise him if we get injuries as we certainly don't have as much cover as NC thinks. So many players have been needlessly cast aside whilst we pay them a tidy wage at this club. Players sat around doing nothing even whilst we struggle with injuries is no good to anyone.

I just don't understand NC's cut off your nose to spite your face attitude sometimes.

Theres nothing to understand. He's inherited his father's pointless stubbornness, but sadly not his managerial genius.

Buxton ahead of Addison? Never in a million years.

I like Miles and hope he can change Cloughs mind. I don't agree with your scathing remarks about Nige though- I honestly believe he has done a better job under the financial constraints than any other Championship manager could have and most Premiership managers for that matter. I won't say that a few of his decisions haven't bemused me but I have great confidence in him- and he is still young don't forget.

Nigel has seen more of Buxton and Addison than we ever have, and if he says Buxton is better than Addison then why argue?

Addison is more appealing to the fans, but as Clough watches them both every day in training then I trust his judgement. I personally on the face of it would like Addison over Buxton but I haven't seen Addison play a game for over a year, so I don't have a clue what he is like now!

Archived