Miles Addison

NorfolkRam

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder what percentage of players that go on loan ever make it with their parent clubs, I suspect it is quite low.

It possibly is, but there are two reasons that players go out on loan, either they're not wanted by their parent club (in which case it's hardly a shocking revelation that they don't make it at their parent club), or they're youngsters looking for match time to help their development (and given that something like 95% of youngsters don't make it at their parent clubs anyway, again it's hardly that surprising).

Free up some wages?

wouldn't imagine myself we need wages to be free'd up anymore, so far we have added considerably to the squad ithout letting too many go so far, but i would say 4/5 look set to be shown the door out to even the wages out.

wouldn't imagine myself we need wages to be free'd up anymore, so far we have added considerably to the squad ithout letting too many go so far, but i would say 4/5 look set to be shown the door out to even the wages out.

If anyone wants them that is or we will have to pay them off

Think that the current management are not convinced he has the footballing qualities to fit into the style they have in mind this season. They diden't want to let him leave for nothing next summer, so arranging a contract extention before they let him go out on loan, allows his value to rise without the risk of us losing him on a free. He may yet have a role to play for the Rams. Depends if he does well for the Tykes, and shows some of his promiss he showed under Jewell. Also depends if Clough and Co are still managing Derby come the January transfer window. Think also that there is a good chance Hull were offering McShane, so we were able to match that offer, by offering Addison.

very true! Can't imagine many club's bidding for Croft and Martin but supprisingly i could see Bywater fetching a fee!

I don't see it that suprising he would command a fee, two promotions to the perm and he was runner up in the player of the year just the season before, people have short memories. He was poor last season but also struggled with injuries. Time for him to move but in general he has been decent for us.

I don't see it that suprising he would command a fee, two promotions to the perm and he was runner up in the player of the year just the season before, people have short memories. He was poor last season but also struggled with injuries. Time for him to move but in general he has been decent for us.

He had one injury that put him out for a few weeks. Hardly call that struggling. ( the other one miraculously cleared up when Cardiff wanted him)

He had one injury that put him out for a few weeks. Hardly call that struggling. ( the other one miraculously cleared up when Cardiff wanted him)

We got fielding in for 3 months as bywater was injured. then bywater took back over before fielding left. Clough said bywater is first choice and we can't have 2, but after his eratic form after and some tweeting it all went to pot and clough decided he wanted fielding after all

We got fielding in for 3 months as bywater was injured. then bywater took back over before fielding left. Clough said bywater is first choice and we can't have 2, but after his eratic form after and some tweeting it all went to pot and clough decided he wanted fielding after all

only 1/2 games, and many of us wanted Fielding in goal for those matches aswell due to him being better.

only 1/2 games, and many of us wanted Fielding in goal for those matches aswell due to him being better.

I think it's extremely early to judge if he is better, bywaters first season we didn't let many in, we got promoted and many thought he could play in the prem and dome even for england, also when Carroll was bought in and played many were demanding for bywater to return.

Playing well for 3 months is different to doing it year on year and the real test for a keeper is when they have made a few mistakes which will happen and how they react. Wasn't fieldings last game for his first spell where he let that pea roller go through him. He is good but let's wait as with every player to see if he is truly better

I don't see it that suprising he would command a fee.

cant disagree with any of your logic but Ratty's reputation must be at an all time low and therefore selling him might not be easy....

what with the comment on pitch at wembley, the sky sports interview, then the art , then the tweets, then the fake injury and then that strange interview when he joined cardiff.....to be a good professional footballer you need to be a good footballer and a good pro. He's now a bit risky on both counts.

Archived