Clough is now the 17th longest serving manager in the FL.....

GeneralRam

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Opinions on managers in the NPC change every week depending on the result..

How many people here thinks Clough is a better manager than Kenny Jackett?

Our Nige is better than Kenny Jackett, although I don't spend time looking at other managers thinking if there better than ours or not, I can see what Nigel is trying to do here I think we have a young hungry squad who want to work hard for each other and not bothered about taking the glory for themselves as long as the team win. If we can build on that it won't be long till we are pushing for promotion not just sniffing at the playoffs.

Anyway earlier this season you said Keith Hill was a better manager and Barnsley would finish above us, so don't think your 100% when it comes to judging managers.

Anyway earlier this season you said Keith Hill was a better manager and Barnsley would finish above us, so don't think your 100% when it comes to judging managers.

And Barnsley is the only place we have scored an away goal in the last 15 minutes in the last 2 years.

Our Nige is better than Kenny Jackett, although I don't spend time looking at other managers thinking if there better than ours or not, I can see what Nigel is trying to do here I think we have a young hungry squad who want to work hard for each other and not bothered about taking the glory for themselves as long as the team win. If we can build on that it won't be long till we are pushing for promotion not just sniffing at the playoffs.

Yeah but Keeny's got that crackin east-enders accent, no erm, erm from the jacket-meister

Not really sure where you're going with that Mary. I never said I'm 100% when it comes to judging managers..

I'm saying that opinions vary when it comes to results.. Instead of looking at the main picture people pay sole attention to results to judge a manager. Is this correct?

Keith Hill this season has done better than NC did last season, with a much lower wage and transfer budget and 3 key players being stripped away midway through the season..

Next season if we languish in the same position as Millwall the majority on here will want him out.. I'm merely pointing out that some people are far too quick to judge a manager by results rather than the overall picture.. Take Warnock at Leeds for example, his record at them is terrible.. Is he a terrible manager? Is NC better than him?

For the record I think Keith Hill is a top manager and Barnsley will suprise a few next season..

Not really sure where you're going with that Mary. I never said I'm 100% when it comes to judging managers..

You didn't, I did.

I'm saying that opinions vary when it comes to results.. Instead of looking at the main picture people pay sole attention to results to judge a manager. Is this correct?

Your saying that now, when I read what you put first time it came across as you thought it was a fact everyones opinion changes on a results basis when in truth if you have a couple of brain cells you can see the bigger picture not just the last result, even though we have eaten our two biggest rivals this year this derby team is a long way off being perfect or even brilliant at this stage.

Keith Hill this season has done better than NC did last season, with a much lower wage and transfer budget and 3 key players being stripped away midway through the season..

He probably did and well do e to him for that not that I care for either Barnsley or Keith Hill, he has probably though had to steady the ship not reduce wage bill but I'm probably being bias. Three key players??? Can only think of Vaz Te, I hope to god your not including McEvely in those three.

Next season if we languish in the same position as Millwall the majority on here will want him out.. I'm merely pointing out that some people are far too quick to judge a manager by results rather than the overall picture.. Take Warnock at Leeds for example, his record at them is terrible.. Is he a terrible manager? Is NC better than him?

I agree apart from Warnock being the better manager, Warnock is a bit like wee Billy as in he will do really well with the ***** he has got but at the end of the day you have got Neil Warnock as your ******* manger!!!! And you know there ain't going to be any good times for a while after he has gone be size you have been over achieving for a while.

For the record I think Keith Hill is a top manager and Barnsley will suprise a few next season..

Oh next season now is it, but you said this season also this season?

I'll be cheering as loudly as I can for both Keith and Barnsley on Saturday, if they can take a point or three off Cardiff and we can overcome the odds to beat boro ;-)

It would bunch things up nicely with 3 games to go. Plus I knew a lovely lass from Darton when I was younger and the post office used to be a cracking sunday evening.

Any other week of the year barnsley are what barnsley are. They are there. That's all.

Means that I have got to hate Rotherham now, 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' /> still don't like Crawley though. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Seems to be a fair bet that Redknapp will take the England job in the summer, but who will be the next to go, and propel Nigel into the top 10?

In the Prem: Ferguson & Moyes are unlikely to be sacked. Wenger? Many Arsenal fans might like to see that but still seems unlikely. Tony Pulis is still doing a reasonable job at Stoke.

Championship: Can't see Kenny Jackett going – even though Milwall have had an indifferent season.

League One: Carlisle are flirting with the play-offs so Abbott should be OK. Exeter are dead cert to be relegated, but Tisdale did get them promoted all the way from the Conference with virtually no money so I suspect they'll keep him.

League Two: Dagenham and Wimbledon are both more or less safe but in the bottom half of the table and Oxford look likely to make the play-offs.

Seems to be a fair bet that Redknapp will take the England job in the summer, but who will be the next to go, and propel Nigel into the top 10?

In the Prem: Ferguson & Moyes are unlikely to be sacked. Wenger? Many Arsenal fans might like to see that but still seems unlikely. Tony Pulis is still doing a reasonable job at Stoke.

Championship: Can't see Kenny Jackett going – even though Milwall have had an indifferent season.

League One: Carlisle are flirting with the play-offs so Abbott should be OK. Exeter are dead cert to be relegated, but Tisdale did get them promoted all the way from the Conference with virtually no money so I suspect they'll keep him.

League Two: Dagenham and Wimbledon are both more or less safe but in the bottom half of the table and Oxford look likely to make the play-offs.

Moyes, Fergie and Wenger are "unlikely" to be sacked? I think you need to revise you understanding of the work unlikely dude, ha

Can't say I agree with all Nigel has done but getting us where we are now with what he has been able to work with I can say I'm willing to let him continue with his job. Wish we can strenghten the team for him next season.

• 1 year later...

Archived