Clough is now the 17th longest serving manager in the FL.....

GeneralRam

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes misspelling a word is something no student ever does. Especially a 6th form one. My misses is a published author and amazingly sometimes spells things incorrectly. thanks for the English lesson though. So two clubs are struggling, as I wrote before there will always be clubs that struggle there always has and sadly always will. The banks will not be calling in all the money on football clubs and derby will not be left laughing. To think this is living in dream land and need to get in the real world.

Don’t you know that it’s a harsh financial environment out there. Things have changed. Providing adequate cover for our full backs could easily tip us into administration. Bringing in an experienced midfielder could turn Pride Park into Greece. You have been warned.

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mellow' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':mellow:' />

Don’t you know that it’s a harsh financial environment out there. Things have changed. Providing adequate cover for our full backs could easily tip us into administration. Bringing in an experienced midfielder could turn Pride Park into Greece. You have been warned.

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mellow' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':mellow:' />

Bringing in two new full backs puts two more wage bills on the expenses. We are already trading at a loss. Increasing outgoings, increases loss and inevitably increases debt.

Rangers are a club that are much bigger than anyone in our division, if it can happen to them what makes you so sure that it will not happen to other clubs? And just so you know it is not the bank calling in either of these two clubs debts, it is HMR&C

Rangers are a club that plays in a league that outside Glasgow noone wants to watch.

The scottish league is pathetic, and saying they are bigger than anyone is this league could be argued to, as a result of getting promoted this season will see that club being bigger than Rangers, who have nowhere else to go.

Any club in this division, can increase their revenue by being promoted, Rangers are unable to do this because they are not attractive to TV companies.

Tony Pullis recently said Derby was a PL club in all but name, that may have been true in past years but now we are a club treading water, we have a poor team, an average manager, and a bunch of investors who no longer want to invest, we keep refering to a rule that has yet to be passed and even when it does will not come into force for another 5 years, we have another how many players out of contract in the summer that IMO wont be renewed.

As the result of this our gates will continue to decline and our budget futher reduced, people can point to Portsmouth all they like, but they are one club of out 40 in the top flight and when your club is asking you to renew in February people have got the right to ask what they are getting in return.

'and a bunch of investors who no longer want to invest'

We don't know that, although the assumption is that they're getting the wage bill down so that they no longer have to keep bankrolling us. It seems a bit odd that they'd go through all that cost cutting just to start increasing again, so I'd say it's a fair assumption to make. I think we're at a watershed this summer, I dont really see how we can carry on as we are indefinately. We should be self suficeint soon, now that all the big earners have gone (although we keep saying that)..

Rangers are a club that plays in a league that outside Glasgow noone wants to watch.

The scottish league is pathetic, and saying they are bigger than anyone is this league could be argued to, as a result of getting promoted this season will see that club being bigger than Rangers, who have nowhere else to go.

Any club in this division, can increase their revenue by being promoted, Rangers are unable to do this because they are not attractive to TV companies.

Tony Pullis recently said Derby was a PL club in all but name, that may have been true in past years but now we are a club treading water, we have a poor team, an average manager, and a bunch of investors who no longer want to invest, we keep refering to a rule that has yet to be passed and even when it does will not come into force for another 5 years, we have another how many players out of contract in the summer that IMO wont be renewed.

As the result of this our gates will continue to decline and our budget futher reduced, people can point to Portsmouth all they like, but they are one club of out 40 in the top flight and when your club is asking you to renew in February people have got the right to ask what they are getting in return.

They get 50,000 fans for their matches and are on Sky TV every other week. I imagine their income is far in excess of anyone in our division.

Bringing in two new full backs puts two more wage bills on the expenses. We are already trading at a loss. Increasing outgoings, increases loss and inevitably increases debt.

Yes, some people just don’t get it.

You should read what this guy was saying last season ticket selling time. He thought we were ‘financially in great shape’ and needed ‘extra investment’. The fool just doesn’t understand basic sums.

[url=http://www.championshiptalk.com/tom-glick-chairman-of-derby-county-exclusive-interview-1380]http://www.champions...-interview-1380

They get 50,000 fans for their matches and are on Sky TV every other week. I imagine their income is far in excess of anyone in our division.

I would not be suprised to see West Hams turnover higher than Rangers this year as it was last.

Rangers turned over 57m LY, and without European football TY will be a lot less. Rangers get 45k average crowd against West Hams 30k, so a big difference there, but the average price of the ticket is also a lot less in Scotland.

Also as you mention Rangers as an example, do you know that their wages to turnover is the lowest in the SPL at 50%.

And well said MCSilks. A series of top notch posts with sound reasoning. Football has to become realistic. Banks won't sanction silly over spending. Only clubs with owners who are prepared to pour millions into them at massive risk can carry on in the Chelski, Man City model. The only way forward is the DCFC route.

Also, just to add to those who say we aren't good enourg for this or we aren't good enough for that..............The team is still work in progress. Hand in hand with the DCFC model is step by step improvement. We have by and large the defence sorted, the midfield is getting there but going forward we still need to improve. Nigel knows this and has said it. Why are some suprised therefore when Nigel is pleased with a 0 - 0 at Millwall at THIS stage of development?

As has been said. We are on the right track.

It feels like Derby's board are trying to lead a race to the bottom in terms of finances and its naive for people to swallow the GSE line about FFP. There will never be such a thing in reality - clubs will find a way round it. What about those clubs coming down from the Prem? They will have 4 years of parachute payments to factor in to their income while the rest of us will have nothing. All that is going to happen is that the Championship will turn into a two tier league of clubs coming down and going straight back up to the top flight with the rest falling further and further behind financially.

No one is asking for 'silly overspending'. For example, Billy Sharp cost Southampton £1.5 million. Is that a silly overspend? He will score the goals that take them up to the Prem at the end of the season and probably keep them there. That is the kind of investment that will move us forward, not just trying to rely on kids coming out the academy and signings like Naylor & Buxton.

The last couple of games have shown how woefully short we are of quality up front and to an extent in midfield. We have no creativity and no out and out finishers. Without investment we are destined to tread water in the mid to lower end of the Championship for years to come, much like the Derby side of the late fifties/early sixties. If thats good enough for some of you then fine, but for me thats not good enough, especially when the board now expect you to pay 10% more for the privilege of watching such mediocrity.

I would not be suprised to see West Hams turnover higher than Rangers this year as it was last.

Rangers turned over 57m LY, and without European football TY will be a lot less. Rangers get 45k average crowd against West Hams 30k, so a big difference there, but the average price of the ticket is also a lot less in Scotland.

Also as you mention Rangers as an example, do you know that their wages to turnover is the lowest in the SPL at 50%.

And they have gone into administration...

Yes, some people just don’t get it.

You should read what this guy was saying last season ticket selling time. He thought we were ‘financially in great shape’ and needed ‘extra investment’. The fool just doesn’t understand basic sums.

[url=http://www.championshiptalk.com/tom-glick-chairman-of-derby-county-exclusive-interview-1380]http://www.champions...-interview-1380

Was this written just before we spent circa £2m on new players?

And they have gone into administration...

Because of the lack of investment into the paying side of the team, which resulted in them being dumped out of the CL and then Europe......

Was this written just before we spent circa £2m on new players?

Was that ‘extra investment’?

Do you not think TG would have let everyone know if there had been new investment in the squad - instead of turning into a bit of a recluse at the start of the season?

Yes, of course it was extra investment, Tom just doesn't like to boast about it 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

I don't think the owners write a cheque out every time we spend something, I imagine it is taken from working capital and then the owners plug any shortfalls at certain times, but I don't know this for sure.

13th longest now, at this rate Nigel will soon be in the top 3!!

The "mad season" is truly upon us. I know Huddersfield draw a lot but they haven't lost many in the last 50 games. They must have someone lined up. I suspect history is not on their side in terms of the likely outcome at the end of the season.

Archived