Clough is now the 17th longest serving manager in the FL.....

GeneralRam

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not debating who is better than who..

I'm just interested in the reasoning as to why one manager is better than another.. It's just the NPC is as fickle as they come, one week a manager is a genius and the next he's a donkey..

Nigel Adkins got Ssausagehorpe relegated and then Southampton promoted in 2 seperate seasons.. SOD was brilliant at Donny and was deserving of a bigger club for 3 years and then he's sacked after 8 games into the new season..

It's crazy..

Also the term 'give the manager time and you'll reap the rewards' is a bold statement.. If that was true, Crewe would surely be in the PL by now under Dario Grady instead of League 2..

It's a funny game football with the most fickle fans of any sport going..

I think you asked that question regarding Jackett and Clough?

Anyway, home brew is calling me.

WE ALL HATE LEEDS SCUM!

No, I'm not debating anything.. I haven't put forward any reasoning as to who is better than who and I'm not going to claim that either is better..

I just wanted to know what constitutes to being a better manager at this level.. If it's based on league position, then a managers status is going to change every week.. Hence the donkey to genius in a week comment.

NCs record against Leeds is pretty decent.. 4 games 4 wins 100%

No, I'm not debating anything.. I haven't put forward any reasoning as to who is better than who and I'm not going to claim that either is better..

I just wanted to know what constitutes to being a better manager at this level.. If it's based on league position, then a managers status is going to change every week.. Hence the donkey to genius in a week comment.

Spot on Bris, too many fans change their minds week on week, but on the other side you get fans that won't change their mind regardless what happens. I guess that there isn't a correct way to follow a team (or a wrong way)

I'm not debating who is better than who..

I'm just interested in the reasoning as to why one manager is better than another.. It's just the NPC is as fickle as they come, one week a manager is a genius and the next he's a donkey..

Nigel Adkins got Ssausagehorpe relegated and then Southampton promoted in 2 seperate seasons.. SOD was brilliant at Donny and was deserving of a bigger club for 3 years and then he's sacked after 8 games into the new season..

It's crazy..

Also the term 'give the manager time and you'll reap the rewards' is a bold statement.. If that was true, Crewe would surely be in the PL by now under Dario Grady instead of League 2..

It's a funny game football with the most fickle fans of any sport going..

TBF, Adkins record in League 1 is excellent - 3 promotions on 3 attempts with 2 different teams. The way you say that makes it sound like he went from relegating a team to getting one promoted, when really he was doing a good job at Scunny and dropped a league to promote Southampton.

Anyway minor quibble, as you were!

On what basis? Millwall finished 8th last year and we finished 19th... Who was better last year?

I'm sure it comes down to the players at the managers disposal. Last season didn't Morison score almost every other game to help them get so high up the table? This season, now he's left, they're a lot lower.

Woodfords Wherry in the barrel, ipa in the bottles. Rams71 has got his eye on some ipa.

I'm doing another 3 brews called:

Clough out

Yanks out

Im struggling to think of a name for the last one?

Daveo out?

Sorry to keep agreeing Bris...That's been my point for the whole season. Many folks are either up or down, depending on a run of half a dozen games. When we lose they join the loyal core of anti-NC types and when we win, they move across to the "other side", comprising some hard-core Clough followers and people like me who want us to do well irrespective. The season lasts 46 games.

For some, as long as the Manager's name is Clough, he'll never be able to do anything right. I think I've read that somewhere anyway.....I've no idea who I would rather have than Clough but I know I'd rather have him than some who have been put forward as "obvious replacements" and that certainly includes the chap who was on the receiving end of a 2-0 defeat at Leeds today 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Archived