Clough is now the 17th longest serving manager in the FL.....

GeneralRam

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if we don't see a major improvement this year he will be off. I still believe if his name wasn't clough he wouldn't have got this much time off the fans with the dreadful football on display for the majority of his time in charge. Let's pray it's worth it

• 8 months later...

I think if we don't see a major improvement this year he will be off. I still believe if his name wasn't clough he wouldn't have got this much time off the fans with the dreadful football on display for the majority of his time in charge. Let's pray it's worth it

This business that he only still has the job because he is Clough is getting old. I think with the performances on the pitch at times and not producing the goods for some fans if they wanted rid they would have done.

May be it is because he has met their expectations.

Kept us in the championship, reduced the wage bill, overall the club by getting rid of over paid over rated players, develop the academy so transfer funds in the future are not needed to sustain the squad. Build a team that believe in each other and the staff etc.... this might be the reason he has kept his job.

Clough is honest - for example no pay rise, ensure his staff all received a contract. He expects only a few things the same as any manager in any job, honesty, integrity, hard work, teamwork, to do as they told becuase if it goes wrong then it is on his head. (before anyone says he takes no responsibilty for performances against Barnsley he passed comment on if the team selection was wrong in the first half then we have to accept that and look at it)

Clough or not this board have said and displayed that this is a business plain and simple and emotions are not involved in decisions. I believe it is time to move on from the Clough syndrome and probably look at a bigger picture and look at what is taking shape as I think that the way things are going is exactly what Clough/Glick/Owners want and it is sustainable and that I think is why he is still in the job.

Archived