Transfer rumours in and out

RotherhamRam

Possible Side for next season on £1m transfer money

We talk about Ayala coming back I would like to see Addison have a good summer preseason getting ready to play centre half with Barker. We would then have Barker Addison Anderson and Buxton (back up) and for me this would surely be one of the strongest centre half group in the championship. Then there is St Ledger on a free. Billy Jones on the left or Delaney from Ipswich on frees with Brayford on the right and Fielding in goal. We talk about build from the back and this would give us a solid base for a total cost of £500k for Fielding as St Ledger, Jones, Delaney are all free and the centre halves are here. We off set the cost of Fielding with the sale of Bywater.

Midfield David Jones back in the middle with Bailey yet another free. Steven Davies on the left wing which is for me his best position, Right wing is Cywka forging partnership with Brayford as in the good run. That is the midfield for free sorted.

Up front Glenn Murray on a free, Le Fondre for £750, Nugent on a free, Ward for £400k, Paul Hayes the forgotten man at Preston signed for free for them last summer if go down they will look to offload as they nare skint and League one will not be helpfull in their position so around £500k. Total for complete new striker force approx £1.5million which will prob be on installments. However the sale of Leacock should get us £500k back.

Therefore for me the investment will be in wages and we could have a championship level squad with players here to be as backup to the first team of as follows on approx £1million in purchases

Fielding

(RB) Brayford/Jones,(CB)Barker/Addison/Anderson/St Ledger,(LB)Delaney/Jones

First choice Midfield of

S. Davies, D. Jones, Bailey, Cywka

Strikers of

Nugent/Hayes/Le Fondre/Glen Murray/Ward

Bench

Doyle, B.Davies, S.Pearson, Roberts(if here), Green (when fit no need to be rushed), which ever defender not starting and any strikers not starting.

This for me would be challenging to 6 next season (or should be at least). The investment is in wages and not in transfers.

I'm sure we'd all love a million invested,(i was gutted we didnt get le fondre) but as i posted yesterday, NC said............

"We've got three teenagers on the pitch at the end and it's lovely. They are there on merit, they're the future in the next two or three seasons.

"That's where we have to prioritise as there won't be much money floating around so we will be reliant on them."

Sounds like bigus glickus et al will pocket any money from sales....

p.s. wheres shacks? NC wont do a 'cywka' on him too will he !!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he goes it would show a lack of ambition by the club, you could almost forgive Hulse and Commons leaving due to being out of contract in the summer, but to "cash in" on one of your best players to team in the league would not short a disgrace.

totally agree with you hucknall. why should we have to sell our best players to other teams in the same league just to try and keep the bank balance rosy? it's not like leicester are dead cert to win the league after an average start. Selling him would confirm that we are just the big boy's b1tch3s really. Besides, he seems to be loving it here!

2million pound, he is a bit of a bells and whistles player for me. I do like him and you do need someone like that in your side to run at players and get at them but his played 21 goals, scored twice and set 4 up... to me that says he looks frightening but doesn't produce enough.

Put it another way, would you be happy if the shoe was on the other foot and we spent 2million on Jamie Ward? I'd be bemused.

pretty sure Leicester wont be wasting their cash on adomah as well. wheres Derbyshire Fox, he'll know whats going on.

pretty sure Leicester wont be wasting their cash on adomah as well. wheres Derbyshire Fox, he'll know whats going on.

no he won't. He'll know as much as you. In fact he knows less.

He dunna know that Derby County FC is a far better football team than Leicester City. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

I would be surprised if Fester were interested in Wardie, they can afford and attract better. 2 mil would be a good bit of business for Derby as there would be a big profit in it BUT how much would we need to spend to get a replacement of the same quality? I really like Ward- definitely one of our best players without a shadow of doubt and I am not sure he would be looking for a move yet. It is fair to say that Fester have a better chance of promotion than us over the next few seasons and players will move for the chance to play at a higher level. I am sure though that in his heart of hearts Jamie knows that he wouldn't be anywhere near the first team if he went to a club like Fester and they got to the Prem- for one, he isn't good enough (not saying he never will be) and two, they would have the ability to invest heavily in a squad that could compete immediately i.e.- proven prem/ overseas players

Archived