Transfer rumours in and out

RotherhamRam

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Better ratio than Pearson/Pringle/Martin(both) put together.

Get him in!

Quoting Pringle and Martin is just silly.

Pearson is also notorious for his lack of goals.

He plays in the same position as Cywka or Ward with less goals

I'd be doing cartwheels if we signed Brown, Sharp, Ambrose and Coppinger, all top players at this level.

However that's probably £3-4m of investment alone and I just can't see it.

The rest are either too poor to improve us i.e. Steve Foster or too good to consider joining us i.e. DJ Campbell.

So I think that leaves Frank Fielding as both realistic and desirable. About right.

Out of interest, RotherhamRam, where did you come across the James Coppinger link?

He's the one Doncaster player I wish we'd actually signed over the years.

Classy.

It is the rumour in Doncaster, As you can imagine know a couple of Donny fans and they are wanting to get safe to keep hold of players like him and Billy Sharp. My mate at work is going out with the sister of good friend(confusing I know), of Paul Green. Still spends a lot of time in Donny and still mates with Copinger and co.

The same coould be said with PNE and Crytsal Palace as they have players who would move to clubs like us so not to go to league 1.

My uncle spends a lot of time in Mexico, and the word is from the national press is that we have shown interest in Nery Castillo, 26 year old ex Man City wide man. Read into it what you will...

This is the thing there will be speculation with targets that everyone will go not fecking him, there will be some where people think yeah possibly but will it improve the squad and then there is the ones we would like to happen then finally we wish but can't see it.

This is the beauty of this time of year and it will be rife once we confirmed as stopping up.

My uncle spends a lot of time in Mexico, and the word is from the national press is that we have shown interest in Nery Castillo, 26 year old ex Man City wide man. Read into it what you will...

That'd be quality!

I've done the classic but he looks cracking on YouTube!

would be quality, heard anything Bris Vegas?

No mate, I'll take a look at the national papers to see if I can find anything..

I'm not going to lie, I don't know much about him nor my friends as he's never actually played club level football in Mexico, though I could be wrong with that.

He's also not a regular in the national side, just having a look now, as he plys his trade in Greece I'm quite suprised it would make the papers as he's not seen as some kind of idol unlike Chicharito, Vela, Soldado, Juarez, Barrera who all play in The Uk.

Christian Benitez who was of B'Ham (on loan I think) last year hit quite a few goals for Santos on their run to the final, we could do with a striker and IMO he's definately PL quality. He'd be a right coup for someone like us.

For those that are interested, Tito Villa is starting to look the part again, he had a poor season last year but this year hasn't done to badly, his off the ball movement is still quite poor but he's a fairly good finisher, scored 2 recently in their classico against America MX, the second being a beauty.

i lived in Mexico for 6 years and im fluent in Spanish , i have looked through Mexican press and cant find anything , and given he played Europa league football this year this signing doesnt look likely

No mate, I'll take a look at the national papers to see if I can find anything..

I'm not going to lie, I don't know much about him nor my friends as he's never actually played club level football in Mexico, though I could be wrong with that.

He's also not a regular in the national side, just having a look now, as he plys his trade in Greece I'm quite suprised it would make the papers as he's not seen as some kind of idol unlike Chicharito, Vela, Soldado, Juarez, Barrera who all play in The Uk.

Christian Benitez who was of B'Ham (on loan I think) last year hit quite a few goals for Santos on their run to the final, we could do with a striker and IMO he's definately PL quality. He'd be a right coup for someone like us.

For those that are interested, Tito Villa is starting to look the part again, he had a poor season last year but this year hasn't done to badly, his off the ball movement is still quite poor but he's a fairly good finisher, scored 2 recently in their classico against America MX, the second being a beauty.

Yeah, I really liked the guy. Shame he didn't get too many goals for us and fell out of favour. Remember he scored an own goal against Florist and then about 5mins later he scored for us. Got a hat-trick against Brighton too in the cup. Was pretty powerful and loved to score with his head. I was willing for him to be a rip-roaring success here.

Yeah, I really liked the guy. Shame he didn't get too many goals for us and fell out of favour. Remember he scored an own goal against Florist and then about 5mins later he scored for us. Got a hat-trick against Brighton too in the cup. Was pretty powerful and loved to score with his head. I was willing for him to be a rip-roaring success here.

As my former username will show, I'm a massive fan of Tito. I've even got Tito on the back of my Derby Argentina top. Never really felt he was given much of a chance here, especially under Nige. Shame that

The same coould be said with PNE and Crytsal Palace as they have players who would move to clubs like us so not to go to league 1.

Out of the two teams I'd be looking at

PNE - Billy Jones & Tonge (Surely Stoke would let us have him fairly cheaply as he's nowhere near their 1st team, even after being recalled)

Palace - Ambrose (would probably be more than a Shaun Barker type fee), Speroni, Anthony Gardner (out of contract with Hull and playing very well for them) & Neil Danns (same as Ambrose).

Yeah it may not have worked out for him, But to say he is useless is a bit harsh don't you think?.

The guy worked his socks off for every minute on the pitch that he played. Albeit a shame that his finishing and positioning wasn't always there. But these are things that can be worked on.

This looks to be evident in the fact that he outscored Javier Hernandez last season....

Then why they not sign Tito instead ?

He was a trier, but not very good at best, its amazing how people likje players who run around with no quality but are quick to jump on a players back that has skill but dies not try in their eyes.

Then why they not sign Tito instead ?

He was a trier, but not very good at best, its amazing how people likje players who run around with no quality but are quick to jump on a players back that has skill but dies not try in their eyes.

Archived