Transfer rumours in and out

RotherhamRam

Yeah it may not have worked out for him, But to say he is useless is a bit harsh don't you think?.

The guy worked his socks off for every minute on the pitch that he played. Albeit a shame that his finishing and positioning wasn't always there. But these are things that can be worked on.

This looks to be evident in the fact that he outscored Javier Hernandez last season....[/

Finishing and positional awareness are things that a GOOD striker naturally has. Villa had neither in abundance. So, he ran around a lot! Big deal, i have a dog that does that. Rubbish player.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think we all know that...

Was just making a point that he isn't a useless player. Just like you hate that people 'jump on players backs' if they have skill but don't always use it. I hate the fact that people can brand a player 'useless' because he didn't do well for us.

Was Shevchenko a 'useless' player. George Weah?? Veron?? Torres??

But all the players you quote there have proved they can perform at the top level, Tito on the other hand has not.

However I do agree that he would fit in very nicely with the current team, it just shows how bad we have become.

BTW I used to like him as he gave 100% every time, he just could not score for us, hence why I refer to him as not very good, he could prove to be very successfull but at Derby he failed.

Finishing and positional awareness are things that a GOOD striker naturally has. Villa had neither in abundance. So, he ran around a lot! Big deal, i have a dog that does that. Rubbish player.

Hahaha. Is your dog out of contract in the summer???......Let's have him :p

I guess when you become attatched to players you are willing to argue their case. And from what everyone in England saw from Tito was a pretty bad player.........But he IS regarded a decent player in Mexico. Before and (even) after Derby County.

I know what you're saying, Even I could be regarded a good player in......Australia (for example). Doesn't mean on the 'grand scale of football' that I am one. But he looks like he found his finishing boots once again.

I think he offered more than just running too. He couldn't half get up and head the ball and unsettle a few defenders...

But all the players you quote there have proved they can perform at the top level, Tito on the other hand has not.

However I do agree that he would fit in very nicely with the current team, it just shows how bad we have become.

BTW I used to like him as he gave 100% every time, he just could not score for us, hence why I refer to him as not very good, he could prove to be very successfull but at Derby he failed.

Indeed. He certainly did fail here but HAS been a success elsewhere.

I just used the other examples as everyone would have known these. Just was trying to show that a player can be more than 'useless' and still fail to fit in to a team.

Look at Michael Rickett's for example. He was the opposite of what I mean. He actually WAS useless!!!. Except he had a GOOD stint at Bolton and got that infamous solitary England Cap.

There's a lot of variables to put together for a player to perform as he should. But if you can see good aspects in someone and more often than not they do a good job...........Then they ain't 'useless', surely?

i lived in Mexico for 6 years and im fluent in Spanish , i have looked through Mexican press and cant find anything , and given he played Europa league football this year this signing doesnt look likely

Where abouts did you live mate? I'm of the opinion it's one of the most unique countries on earth, it has everything, a country of countries so to speak.

Get over yourselves, he was completely useless for us, useless. Of course he is ok in mexico, my dog could score in that standard

Granted there are some poor teams here, but there are also some pretty decent teams here too, it's abit of a mix bag.

Cruz Azul, America, Chivas, Monterrey, Santos, Pumas would all be NPC top 10 standard or higher if they was in England.

In fact there are many players over this way capable of playing PL football, or La Liga football. Mexico (national team) is in the top 30 or so in the world, IMO even higher, and around 10-12 players in their squad players in their squad play in the Mexican League.. Including Ochoa, Torrado, Arce, Pardo, Cacho who are all regular starters.

Not to mention there are others from Chile, Paraguay, Colombia etc.. Who are also top 30 teams in the world.

Put it this way, I could pick 11 players from this league that would be good enough for the PL, and that would win the NPC at a canter.

Here's people I think we should take a 'sniff' at;

GK - Colin Doyle (Not an awful back-up keeper.....Sell Bywater)

RB - Eric Lichaj (Free Cover for Brayford. USA links at PP)

RB - Jonathan Spector (VERY Versatlie. Again, USA International)

LB - J'Loyd Samuel (Is he only at Cardiff for fitness??)

LB - David Murphy (Great...if possible???)

LB - Marek Cech (A LB who could offer going forward)

CB - Rob Edwards (A very achievable Freebie!!)

CB - Ian Evatt (A B'pool regular....But if relegated??/Ex-Derby)

CM - Jordon Mutch (Ex-Trainee and Regular England teams)

CM - David Jones (Would improve us immensely!)

WM - Michael Kightly (Great Winger, Who can score goals)

ST - Victor Anichibe (Speed/Power + Not wanted....Poor atitude tho!)

If some are unrealistic/rubbish then please say. But I think we could do with checking these guys situations/interest come the summer.

Here's people I think we should take a 'sniff' at;

GK - Colin Doyle (Not an awful back-up keeper.....Sell Bywater)

RB - Eric Lichaj (Free Cover for Brayford. USA links at PP)

RB - Jonathan Spector (VERY Versatlie. Again, USA International)

LB - J'Loyd Samuel (Is he only at Cardiff for fitness??)

LB - David Murphy (Great...if possible???)

LB - Marek Cech (A LB who could offer going forward)

CB - Rob Edwards (A very achievable Freebie!!)

CB - Ian Evatt (A B'pool regular....But if relegated??/Ex-Derby)

CM - Jordon Mutch (Ex-Trainee and Regular England teams)

CM - David Jones (Would improve us immensely!)

WM - Michael Kightly (Great Winger, Who can score goals)

ST - Victor Anichibe (Speed/Power + Not wanted....Poor atitude tho!)

If some are unrealistic/rubbish then please say. But I think we could do with checking these guys situations/interest come the summer.

Good names there on top of this there is the follwoing names

Goalkeepers

Fielding £500k

Duke from Hull yes he is ex Burton before you say but has experience at Hull and Championship and would give Fielding some support as his number 2. (free I think)

Defenders

Delaney (Ipswich)

St Ledger and Jones (PNE)

Free signings as out of contract

Midfielders

Tonge has one yr left on contract £500k could force move

Johnson Bristol City £500k

David Jones (free)

Ambrose (1million)

Strikers

Glenn Murray (free)

Le Fondre 750k

These signing would total £3.25million approx.

However Leacock and Bywater will be gone which could recoup £1million.

So therefore for a massive investment of approx £2.5 million we can get 6-8 championship proven players, two strikers who know where the goal is and experience GK.

Goalkeepers

Fielding £500k

Duke from Hull yes he is ex Burton before you say but has experience at Hull and Championship and would give Fielding some support as his number 2. (free I think)

Defenders

Delaney (Ipswich)

Midfielders

David Jones (free)

Ambrose (1million)

Strikers

Glenn Murray (free)

Le Fondre 750k

So therefore for a massive investment of approx £2.5 million we can get 6-8 championship proven players, two strikers who know where the goal is and experience GK.

Great stuff!

I'd be very impressed with some business of this stature.

Granted there are some poor teams here, but there are also some pretty decent teams here too, it's abit of a mix bag.

Cruz Azul, America, Chivas, Monterrey, Santos, Pumas would all be NPC top 10 standard or higher if they was in England.

In fact there are many players over this way capable of playing PL football, or La Liga football. Mexico (national team) is in the top 30 or so in the world, IMO even higher, and around 10-12 players in their squad players in their squad play in the Mexican League.. Including Ochoa, Torrado, Arce, Pardo, Cacho who are all regular starters.

Not to mention there are others from Chile, Paraguay, Colombia etc.. Who are also top 30 teams in the world.

Put it this way, I could pick 11 players from this league that would be good enough for the PL, and that would win the NPC at a canter.

I watched a couple of live matches and some highlights on TV while over there on holiday and it wasn’t so much the standard of the players, but the speed the game was played at.

Probably the heat/altitude play a big part but it seemed like there was bags of space and not much closing down going on in general. All teams had numerous efforts on goal and chances galore.

It was actually very entertaining to watch – none of the horrible “middle of the park battles†that sap your soul – end to end stuff

It certainly put Tito’s abilities into perspective.

Goalkeepers

Fielding £500k

Defenders

Delaney (Ipswich)

Midfielders

David Jones (free)

Ambrose (1million)

Strikers

Glenn Murray (free)

Le Fondre 750k

Like that list a lot too. People can write off players, But if you ain't in the race....

But (I've mentioned before) I REALLY like the fact that Murray and La Fondre have both played together (Rochdale) and both were scoring left, right and centre!. Looked like a good partnership. Also, When La Fondre signed for Rotherham he said that he joined them because they had "High Ambitions". Fits in for our plans next season :D

Midfield was a tough one for me to look at, But Michael Tonge is a fantastic addition to the list. He was fantastic when on loan here. Would love to see him here again. Ambrose will surely be on many peoples radar, But at least you put him on the list. He's quality, and it would do no harm to 'Have a word'.

And (Although they have been mentioned a lot) St. Ledger and (Especially) B.Jones, put simply, HAVE to be worth attempting to sign.

God to see another capable LB in Delaney on the list too. Especially as I'm not sure that we'd get Samuel or Cech, for example.

I watched a couple of live matches and some highlights on TV while over there on holiday and it wasn’t so much the standard of the players, but the speed the game was played at.

Probably the heat/altitude play a big part but it seemed like there was bags of space and not much closing down going on in general. All teams had numerous efforts on goal and chances galore.

It was actually very entertaining to watch – none of the horrible “middle of the park battles†that sap your soul – end to end stuff

It certainly put Tito’s abilities into perspective.

Agree with all of that buddy, pretty much spot on. There's always a game on a Friday night, and a couple on Saturday from 7pm onwards which are played at a normal pace. The Copa Libertadores which is played at night are very decent games too.

But those that are at 2pm-4pm are ridiculous, especially in Chiapas where it's near 40 degrees.. They actually have a 2 minute water break during each half just to keep them going. You can forgive them for not chasing down the GK at every given opportunity, hence why it's slow and all built from the back. The football however is all on the deck.

I mentioned in the last season (Mexican season) about 4-5 months ago that Tito Villa was struggling, despite scoring goals for a free-scoring Cruz Azul, his general play wasn't that good. Sort of reminds me of Crouch for England, scores goals but doesn't do alot more.

Archived