Transfer rumours in and out

RotherhamRam

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

players players

I luv all these lists of players we could go for, i think everyone in the rothmans has had a mention, i think its totalling 453, NC is going to be busy, but he will probably looking at someone in the evo stik league:D

I luv all these lists of players we could go for, i think everyone in the rothmans has had a mention, i think its totalling 453, NC is going to be busy, but he will probably looking at someone in the evo stik league:D

Why do you always have to make every post you make about "non-league Nigel, and his non-league signings" his about you go on another forum and post you rubbish elsewhere!!!

Possible Side for next season on £1m transfer money

We talk about Ayala coming back I would like to see Addison have a good summer preseason getting ready to play centre half with Barker. We would then have Barker Addison Anderson and Buxton (back up) and for me this would surely be one of the strongest centre half group in the championship. Then there is St Ledger on a free. Billy Jones on the left or Delaney from Ipswich on frees with Brayford on the right and Fielding in goal. We talk about build from the back and this would give us a solid base for a total cost of £500k for Fielding as St Ledger, Jones, Delaney are all free and the centre halves are here. We off set the cost of Fielding with the sale of Bywater.

Midfield David Jones back in the middle with Bailey yet another free. Steven Davies on the left wing which is for me his best position, Right wing is Cywka forging partnership with Brayford as in the good run. That is the midfield for free sorted.

Up front Glenn Murray on a free, Le Fondre for £750, Nugent on a free, Ward for £400k, Paul Hayes the forgotten man at Preston signed for free for them last summer if go down they will look to offload as they nare skint and League one will not be helpfull in their position so around £500k. Total for complete new striker force approx £1.5million which will prob be on installments. However the sale of Leacock should get us £500k back.

Therefore for me the investment will be in wages and we could have a championship level squad with players here to be as backup to the first team of as follows on approx £1million in purchases

Fielding

(RB) Brayford/Jones,(CB)Barker/Addison/Anderson/St Ledger,(LB)Delaney/Jones

First choice Midfield of

S. Davies, D. Jones, Bailey, Cywka

Strikers of

Nugent/Hayes/Le Fondre/Glen Murray/Ward

Bench

Doyle, B.Davies, S.Pearson, Roberts(if here), Green (when fit no need to be rushed), which ever defender not starting and any strikers not starting.

This for me would be challenging to 6 next season (or should be at least). The investment is in wages and not in transfers.

Barker, Addison, Anderson and Buxton will be one of the weakest CB groups in the NPC.

I don't understand the logic that these are actually decent players, average at best.

Your first choice midfield is also only top 10 standard. S.Davies isn't actually that good IMO, Bailey and D.Jones would be quality. Cywka IMO isn't a RM.

Also why would the investors put the majority of the investment in wages when we've had that problem before.. I'd rather see them buy Le Fondre for 1.5mil and pay him 5k a week, than get Nugent on a free and pay him 15k a week.

Barker, Addison, Anderson and Buxton will be one of the weakest CB groups in the NPC.

I don't understand the logic that these are actually decent players, average at best.

Your first choice midfield is also only top 10 standard. S.Davies isn't actually that good IMO, Bailey and D.Jones would be quality. Cywka IMO isn't a RM.

Also why would the investors put the majority of the investment in wages when we've had that problem before.. I'd rather see them buy Le Fondre for 1.5mil and pay him 5k a week, than get Nugent on a free and pay him 15k a week.

I don't know what games you been watching Barker been on one leg majority of the season and has been solid, Addison was selected for England U21 at cb before his injury and has been out for a year with injury and needs to get fit. Anderson was part of the strongest CB pairing last year and conceded only hatful of goals against teams who were in top 6 including flying Leicester and Forest at home where 2 clean sheets and 6pts.

Steven Davies along with Commons plagued with injuries, Commons sorted out this yr. Same would have happened with Davies if not for the knee, he has come back in 6 months with the injury not match fit. We saw what he did v Man Utd semi final at home when he ran at them at speed where him and Commons were at them. He was touted for £1million sale to prem but injury. Cywka as been good on the right midfield, can tackle take a tackle and can run at players on the wing and can get a cross in.

Re wages the club as said the scope is there for players to come in and if they are wanting top 6 5K a week will not be enough to convince players to come in unless lower league which is not the aim. They wanted proven Champ players the list above includes St Ledger, Jones, Fielding, Hayes, Ward, D Jones, Nugent. (thats 7 players) plus 2 lower league strikers in Murray and Le Fondre. And if we spent 1.5million on Le Fondre how many would be happy with that for a league 1 player when you can spend that on a champ player

• 8 months later...

http://www.people.co...02039-23625513/

Pearson is actively looking for fresh faces, with a couple of wingers his priority as he tries to clinch a ticket to the Premier League at all costs.

He is interested in Derby County wide man Jamie Ward, who was on his wish list when Pearson was at Hull City, and a £2m deal could be wrapped up swiftly with Nigel Clough’s club.

Ward turned Pearson (and more money) down in the summer to play for Clough.

Unless they offer him silly wages he'll stay.

They could offer him twice his current salary with ease. With the signing on fee and the chance to play at a higher level with a far more ambitious club with one of the wealthiest boards.

Ward would be crazy to turn it down and if they offer 2M, then the Derby board will likely accept.

Good business for Derby as we paid next to nothing for him.

Archived