Transfer rumours in and out

RotherhamRam

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David Villa has been transfer listed... he'd fit right in with a strikeforce of Kezmen and Owen.

Merry Christmas to me! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

he will fit in well with our strike force of S.Davies and Tyson in the treatment room 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Hi all

Registered a while back but not sure if I've posted on here before.

Anyway, I've been told by a (fairly) reliable source that, in addition to the much acclaimed outgoings, we are set to sign a striker from the prem on a permanent basis this January TW. Apparently, the fans will be "very happy".

Believe me. Don't believe me. I'm just relaying what I've been told.

PS If anybody on here knows the bloke in front of me (east stand lower) who required medical attention yesterday, please pass on my best wishes. Hope he gets well soon.

Hi all

Anyway, I've been told by a (fairly) reliable source that, in addition to the much acclaimed outgoings, we are set to sign a striker from the prem on a permanent basis this January TW. Apparently, the fans will be "very happy".

PS If anybody on here knows the bloke in front of me (east stand lower) who required medical attention yesterday, please pass on my best wishes. Hope he gets well soon.

Did he have an America accent and was trying to sell you a half year season ticket?

Hi all

It wasn't the scottish 'prem' was it?

I'd collapse if we offered £3m for Billy Sharp, mainly because he isn't worth it.

24 goals in 44 appearances for an average championship side suggests he is.

We could pay 3M and he could be a complete flop like Freddy Eastwood. He was poor in his second spell at Sheff Utd so maybe he can't hack it at clubs with larger reputations.

It would seem silly to me to pay big money for one player in one position when we are crying out for a central midfielder, a right sided midfielder and a left back.

24 goals in 44 appearances for an average championship side suggests he is.

We could pay 3M and he could be a complete flop like Freddy Eastwood. He was poor in his second spell at Sheff Utd so maybe he can't hack it at clubs with larger reputations.

It would seem silly to me to pay big money for one player in one position when we are crying out for a central midfielder, a right sided midfielder and a left back.

That's more what I meant. He's not worth chewing up every last penny we had (realistically, we'd never pay three million for a player anyway) when we've got several other positions that need addressing. He's not that much of a team changer to warrant it.

Anyone follow John Percy on Twitter (@john_percy)? Reckons that Leicester are about to/have already bid for Sharp and 'hope to start talks next week'. Sure they'll offer more than we can anyroad.

Most of these big money CCC strikers in the past few year have came from non/lower Leagues

Steve Morison - non-league Stevenage

Billy Sharp - League One Ssausagehopre

Danny Graham - League One Carlisle United

Simeon Jackson - League Two Gillingham

Grant Holt - League Two Shrewsbury Town

Rickie Lambert - League One Bristol Rovers

Charlie Austin - Non-League Poole Town!!!

All these players cost at the maximum £1,000,000 before getting big money moves or playing well at current clubs, buying a striker at this level at £3 mill is a massive gamble and shows a lack of scouting.

Most of these big money CCC strikers in the past few year have came from non/lower Leagues

All these players cost at the maximum £1,000,000 before getting big money moves or playing well at current clubs, buying a striker at this level at £3 mill is a massive gamble and shows a lack of scouting.

was about to say Morison was from Stevenage but I see you have changed it from Shrewsbury.

So basically, Clough is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

If he spends big money on a player then the club has a poor scouting network (which judging by the incredible bargains he has found and has yet to receive enough praise for is not true); and if he does look for bargains then so many on the forum criticise him (the juvenile non-league Nigel term) and say we are showing a lack of ambition.

The guy can do no right!

Forest are getting that desperate for a goal their fans want him too [url=http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=29795]http://www.forestfor...ead.php?t=29795

Shows how deluded they are, one bloke on there reckons he's a dirty player (tough but not dirty) and another thinks if they get him on loan he may score 12-15 goals THIS SEASON! Are they giving out crack on the NHS in Notts?

Archived