Lee Bowyer

ramexpat

Why ian wright? Just can't remember him doing anything really bad, soon as you tell me I will go, o yeah. Lol

His on running battle with schmeichel, which ended with Wright going 2 footed on his knees!! Bout all I can remember other than mouthing off all the time, and give us deby fans the V sign and mouthing f off, mind you we were signing Ian wnk wnk wnk!! :D

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
His on running battle with schmeichel, which ended with Wright going 2 footed on his knees!! Bout all I can remember other than mouthing off all the time, and give us deby fans the V sign and mouthing f off, mind you we were signing Ian wnk wnk wnk!! :D

He also did some time in prison for some automobile issues.

He certainly did. Seems such a nice chap on the box too, doesn't he?

Yep, he did. He fessed up to it when he did a documentary type programme a couple of years back. He wanted to get inmates from a prison to get a team together and give them a new focus in life.

Good on him too.

Yep, he did. He fessed up to it when he did a documentary type programme a couple of years back. He wanted to get inmates from a prison to get a team together and give them a new focus in life.

Good on him too.

Former criminals playing football? Don't tell MuespachRam. He'll have a seizure.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m not disputing that in the eyes of the law he was found not guilty – just saying that it looks suspect when innocent people still deliver huge “out of court†settlements to the victim.

Some cynical people may view that as buying silence – and even the uncynical can see that it indicates that there is more to it than that which was judged in the court of law.

Why did he give the guy £170,000 if he was absolutely “not guilty†in every aspect? Answer me that (clue: you can’t)

I’m not disputing that in the eyes of the law he was found not guilty – just saying that it looks suspect when innocent people still deliver huge “out of court” settlements to the victim.

Some cynical people may view that as buying silence – and even the uncynical can see that it indicates that there is more to it than that which was judged in the court of law.

Why did he give the guy £170,000 if he was absolutely “not guilty” in every aspect? Answer me that (clue: you can’t)

How about this,

It would be a civil action against him, drag on for ages without the same restrictions on reporting you get in criminal courts. It would cost a lot in court and solicitors fees.

Maybe it's better to pay up, probably less than a long court case would cost, and move on.

Nice try - but if he had nothing to defend in a civil case then why would someone think they have reason to file one against him?

Let's be honest that if anyone can afford to defend themselves against a groundless accusation then its a professional top-flight footballer!

And if he had nothing to hide, then on principle he ought to have gone on to clear his name.

Essentially - lack of reporting restrictions and solictors fees should not be a barrier to a rich innocent man.

• 4 weeks later...
Apparantly a workmate has seen Bowyer in a pub south of the county drinking with some of Derbys players soooooo......???

I hope we can get hold of him, although if we have bid for Eustace I don't see where Bowyer would fit in also but both are rumours so at the minute both have equal footing into the truth.

QPR are very interested apparently, for that reason.. I would be very impressed and surprised if he signed for us.

Archived